Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Ilkajiir Farjac the only real candidates

Is Saleebaan really a PH.D holder or just Bachelor degree from Italy (Ditoore)or just like typical Somalis who think you have right to take the title Dr. if yiu have achieved a measure of success.

Their are too many candidates and inorder for one of them to win they need to selecte only one candidate otherwise Cade will be re-elected.

Waaheen   

In my opinion General (Ilka Jiir) has an excellent chance of winning the presidency. He is the only candidate who has so far presented a comprehensive progam and a platform of his vision and how his administration would run Puntland if elected. For those of you who would like to read here is the link: http://www.wardheernews.com/articles_08/July/Gen_Ilka_Jiir/20_Electoral_Platform.html

Secondly, yes there are many individuals who have indicated their wish to run for the position, but the question is how many of them are serius candidates for the position? In any case it is gona be an interesting election and hopefully Adde would heed Abdullahi Yusuf's call of not becoming an impediment to the citizens choosing whom they want to run their affairs.

Waahen

Waaheen   

Here is a news item that supports my argument:

Waxa ka soo Degey Gegida Diyaaradaha Magaalada Bosaso Mudane C/laahi Axmed Jaamac ilka jiir oo ah Musharax ku Loo laamaya Hogaanka Xukuumada PL Waxaa soo dhowayntaasi ay ahayd Midii ugu Cad cadcadayd ee la arko tan iyo Markii ay soo bexeen Musharixiinta Reer PL.

For more click:

http://www.allsanaag.com/Details.asp?id=3456

Waaheen

There are a lot of guys running and it's really hard to determine who is the best candidate for the job. One thing is clear though, Cadde and his incompetent crooks aren't coming back as they proved themselves to be nothing more than calooshood u shaqeys tayaal.

I think it is time for someone outside that "TOLKA" to take the helm of Puntland. And then I saw this guy who is also running.http://www.radiodaljir.com/view.php?id=1288 He is someone who I think can deliver if given the chance. Let us wait and see.

No to Faroole.

Yes to Ilkajiir and Farjac and the rest of the dudes.

Anyhow its the best campaign ever, a great deal of work is a head and the candidates have to go beyond the sub-clan to capture the imagination of the public.

Viva Puntland state of Somalia. ;)

Emperor   

The campaign team for the candidate have made a planning mistake, he should have started his tour from other regions and cities such as Galkacyo, Garowe and ended with Sanaag, that way he could have showed and drawed large support in his last trip, purely good for puplicity.

Som@li   

^General is now on a visit, not Campaigning, And Adde banned campaigns before Nov 1st. But I understand your point. smile.gif

Xaruuri   

What is wrong in campaigning in your rgion or home town? This guy have generated a lot interest, enthusiasm and huge crowds wherever he visited from Minnesota, Toronto, Ontario, London England, Cloumbus, Ohio UAE and now Puntland. This I think could only be from savvy and sophisticated ampaign with a credible candidate.

Others have attrcated little attention even from their home regions.

Xaruuri

Saqajaan   

Campaigning? There are no elections, this so called presidency will be decided by the clan system like everything else in that region.

Xaruuri   

Even in such a system you still need to campaign.

But the bigger point I was trying to make was that the candidacy of the General has managed to attract more attention than any one else.In my judgement he is the only who has so far attracted support outside his base. His is also the only campaign that was covered in the mainstraem Somali online media (WardheerNew and Hiiraan).

Secondly I was trying to get across that there is nothing wrong in campaigning in your hometown as some in this forum has suggested. You need to solidfy your base too.

Xaruuri

Xaruuri   

Even in such a system you still need to campaign.

But the bigger point I was trying to make was that the candidacy of the General has managed to attract more attention than any one else.In my judgement he is the only who has so far attracted support outside his base. His is also the only campaign that was covered in the mainstream Somali online media (Wardheernews and Hiiraan).

Secondly I was trying to get across that there is nothing wrong in campaigning in your hometown as some in this forum has suggested. You need to solidfy your base too.

Xaruuri

Hunguri   

Originally posted by Emperor:

The campaign team for the candidate have made a planning mistake, he should have started his tour from other regions and cities such as Galkacyo, Garowe and ended with Sanaag, that way he could have showed and drawed large support in his last trip, purely good for puplicity.

Emperor, you have been trying to present a lim,law profile excuse. There is nothing wrong visiting your home town. And, I dont know any candidate that hail from Galkacayo,Qardho, Garoowe who has ever set a foot in Sanaag. Yet, Its ok. Coz, the kind of ellections in Puntland goes through parlamentarian legislatories voices. Emperor, ma adeer baad rabtaa inuu mar labaad meesha ku walaaqo. Mise, bahashaad waxaad u haysataa inay tahay Cimaamad odaygii idiinka dhintay smile.gif .