Sign in to follow this  
LuCkY

Ladies and Ramadan

LuCkY   

This is directed at the sisters but guys i guess it does appLy to you as weLL aLthough it may not be apparent and you may not have any evidence to prove this anywhoo Let me get to the point.

I aLways hear girLs you had better be extra carefuL about what you eat and your weight during Ramadan because thats when you gain the most weight out of the whoLe year.Is this the case with you aLL or is it vice versa?Do you do any speciaL routine or diet to maintain your weight?And i aLmost forgot there are some of yous out there that are trying to gain weight...so do you just get your grab on and eat everything possibLe during this month in hopes of gaining some weight?

Liqaye   

i thought not eating or drinking anything from dusk tilldawn is a pretty effective deiting tool.

Walahi I am all ears to the possible responses

Well, me having the perfect body and all, don't really need to worry about dieting,Lol.

Nah, just don't eat till your so full that you wanna throw up. During Ramadan my friend usually eats healthy and goes for a 1/2 hr walk after. I think she loses like 3kg during Ramadan.

But ofcourse if you're a normal African and stuff yourself like theres no tomorrow, then as gross as it sounds, eat a worm. Lol, apparently it's meant to make you skinnier. icon_razz.gif

Actually, fasting from sunup to sundown will not make you lose weight...This is a big misconception because its easy to believe that if you don't eat anything for a long period of time, your weight drops. Actually, its quite the opposite. Your body will think you are starving during the day, so it starts storing all the fat it can. Its a survival mechanism. Thats why they say when you are deiting, eat 6 small meals a day and at the same time everyday so that your body doesn't think you are starving.

My only advice to the fasting sisters is Do not eat alot of carbohydrates and starches when you break your fast....and don't OVEREAT. Make sure its a balanced meal so that it replaces all the nutrients you didnt have all day. Girls, easy on the subaag ;)

Khayr   

Is this the normal OPINIONATED???

Cause you actually sound polite

and congenial for a change.

'Pitbull turned into Golden Retriever' for

a minute there, Anything is Possible!

I like the adviced that you gave.

Lucky,

People gain Weight during Ramadan

and I have seen some gain an Incredible amount

of weight.

x_quizit   

I agree with Opinionated. The body thinks that it won't get any food since it has been deprived for so long, therefore, it stores all the fat it gets. So, if one eases up on the fat they put into their body during this blessed month, then its less fat for the body to store. Someone else mentioned going for a walk, that is recommended for the people that overindulge.

I dont know about you guys, but during Ramadan, the food channel becomes my best friend. Makes me feel like im eating when i watch what chefs make, and also makes me overindulge sometimes when i break my fast. But dont you notice that while your fasting, you think that you are capable of eating a horse, but when it comes time to eat, your stomach rejects the food becomes it has been denied for so long, so sometimes, i cant eat as much as i want. As far as who gains weight and who loses weight, i probably stay the same during the month.

A7LA-SHU   

i just don't see how ppl gain weight during ramadan. personaly i do eat alot but not to the point i can't eat anymore.. and i sure don't work out but mansha'allah i don't gain not even one Ib during ramadan, in fact it helps me stay from all the chunky things i eat out, coz all that month i eat at home..

put if u worrying about gainin weight do what my younger sister does. she opens her fast with Temer and water then gets salad and that is it for her till next day or she gets Shurba and makes her full and not eat much. that is just her thou. i don't know if it works for other ppl

pearl   

lolol..Northerner

quote:

xanta iska ilaaliya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lolol...is that supposed to help u not gain weight......

just maybe that is the reason why am gaining weight for the past few months..... guess i need to shut my mouth.....

..lolol..u have me cracking up here...so thanks for making my day...

N.O.R.F   

^^^lol, never read the thread to be honest, most of the time i just breaze thru the comments,not concentrating on whats written!

Xafsa   

the less food you eat the slower your metabolism will get. And getting up in the middle of the night to eat doesn't help either.

Solution: Like opion said don't eat too much carbs and sugars. Don't eat too much either..I have a bad habit of eating Iftar like the food is gonna run out...big mistake!!

Raxmah   

I personally lose weight in ramadan, but I guess it has to do with me only eating Salad for Iftar cause thats the only thing I can find on Campus, and by the time I get home is too late for me to eat.

But the best to conrol ur weight in Ramadan is dont eat alot, and if u r going to eat sahur and will be going back to bed eat something light that doesn't have too much fat.

LuCkY   

SaLaaMz,

Thnx to aLL who contributed.Interesting responses you aLL had.

Khayr thats true i have seen that but LuckiLy i Lose weight...so its aLL good.

Northerner---tsk!tsk!tsk!What, how can that be?Next time i wiLL just have to gLimpse at what you write and not give too much attention to its context.SeriousLy though when read your first post i was Like is he on the same page or what.

Originally posted by Khayr:

Is this the normal OPINIONATED???

Cause you actually sound polite

and congenial for a change.

'Pitbull turned into Golden Retriever' for

a minute there, Anything is Possible!

Khayr,

That's a ******* rude thing to say. I suggest you don't make comments like that again, ok :rolleyes:

Saalixa   

lucky sis walahi i have the same problem,

well this time ima try to really stay awya from the fatty typical somali aftur that every somali family has na'mean?

well i think you should start getting serious and start drinking more water after aftur(not drink or milkshakes)so that it will make you full and take space so you haven't much for food and desert! well thats my trick but make sure you do eat alot of fruits and veges, wholemeal breads and salads (greeny stuff) have a balanced diet.

good luck and ramadan kaarim!