Sign in to follow this  
Suldaanka

57th Commonwealth CPA meeting ends with SL given Observer status

XildhibaanoBarwaaqo5.JPG

more pics

Commonwealth Parliamentarians meeting concludes in London with observers from SL

A Commonwealth Parliamentary seminar recently concluded in London, England. The participants from 35 Commonwealth nations met at the British House of Commons to part in the 57th seminar on parliamentary practises and procedures.

Close the one hundred parliamentarians participated in the seminar to share experiences and knowledge.

Two Somaliland parliamentarians took part in the seminar as observers. The two members of parliament were part of the large Somaliland delegation which recently paid a visit to the United Kingdom.

Mudane Abdulkarim Aw Ali Shabel and Mudane Ahmed Abdi Nur (Kijandhe) were the two Somaliland observers at the seminar.

The inclusion of the Somaliland MP's as observers during the seminar is a direct result of the efforts by the All Party Somaliland Group, under the able leadership of Alun Michael, MP.

Somaliland a former British protectorate before independence on June 26th 1960 reclaimed its sovereignty on 18th May 1991, after an ill-fated union with Italian Somalia.

Qarannews

London

United Kingdom

I pose myself with a couple of people in a meetnig I attended, and I let my Qabiilnews site to report the event .

Suldan, it doesn't even bother you to submerge us with raw propoganda and concocted lies.

Tell me why we have road blocks that charges extortionate fees to Aid convoys in Northwestern regions, From Berbera to Zeila?

^^ warka arag oo maqal, buuqana iska dhaaf awoowe

As for road blocks, you need first learn the difference between check-point and a road-block. A road-block is the one that exists between Qardho and Bosaso in which a fighting took place just recently.

Whereas a check-point is similar to the ones that exist in Somaliland where the only purpose is to check the validity of the vehicle's licenses, the goods its trasporting and to check if there is any "wanted" criminals hiding onboard.

SL taxation offices are located at the point of collection of goods (Ports, airports) and at the point of entry (Looya Caddo, Tog Wajaale and Oog).

Each vehicle is taxed only once and that is valid throughout SL. They need to present the papers on request whenever the check-point officials make an enquiry.

Each vehicle is taxed only once
and that is valid throughout SL. They need to present the papers on request whenever the check-point officials make an enquiry.

That is what every warlord claims. The money they charge are taxations of their clan fiefdom to them.

The U.N OCHA office make no exception of all the regions in Somalia.

How would the check points in Afgoye and Jilib be different from yours.

I thought NGOs were not for profit organizations and their Aid is not subject to Taxation by international rule

^^ Go figure!!!

The Afgooye one is a roadblock, you should be worried as you approach it.

The one in SL is a checkpoint, you only need to be worried if you are either a criminal or a rogue trader who smuggles contraband goods (such as the famous puntland fake money :D ) into the markets. That is the differences my friend.

You didn't answer my question on why "tax" NGOs and their delivery of aid. This sounds like the fixed income the former warlords in Mogadisho used to gain from various international NGOs. Btw, it is not limited to check points but also other points of entry and the setting up of offices in controled towns.

This Table does not classify such impediments into road blocks or check points.

roadblocksdd1.jpg