Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

Ahmed Ould Abdalla oo Jabuuti isaga tagay, iyadoo aan wax heshiis ah la saxiixin

Sophist   

United Nations Political Office for Somalia (UNPOS)

Letter to the members of the Somali Diaspora

New York, 22 September 2008

Asalaam Aleikum

Ramadan Karim

I am writing to you all once again to keep you informed of the latest developments in efforts to restore peace and stability to your beloved country. At present I am in New York to attend a series of high level meetings on political, security and humanitarian issues in Somalia. I will hold talks with ministers from the African Union, the US, Norway, Sweden, UK, Italy and other key partners. The world’s leaders are here to attend the annual debate at the UN General Assembly and we are working to keep the issue of Somalia high on the agenda.

As you all know, we held the second round of meetings of the High Level Committee and Joint Security Committee in Djibouti last week attended by the international community. There was a very positive, productive atmosphere among Committees members who are dedicated to cooperating for peace in Somalia.

In particular I was pleased that they agreed to continue working together in sub committees on a wide range of issues including the constitution, the humanitarian situation, reconstruction and development. The Joint Security Committee received an excellent briefing from the UN’s Department of Peacekeeping Operations and came up with concrete proposals. The principle of the Ethiopian withdrawal, outlined in the Djibouti Agreement, is now to be effectively implemented. The Joint Security Committee has not fully come up with the details, but will meet in the next 15 days to iron them out. Despite the efforts of a very few spoilers (who are almost all now known) to derail the process, this is a major achievement and underlines the considerable progress made since the process began less than six months ago.

Once agreement was reached in principle, I had to leave Djibouti to be in New York in time for the meetings. The closing press conference of the meeting was addressed by the Prime Minister and Sheikh Sharif.

The international community continues its efforts to help the Somalis. We held a successful meeting of the International Contact Group on Somalia, which I chaired for the first time, on 16 September. This took place in Djibouti to allow members, which include several key countries and regional organizations, to meet Somalis from the Committees and the leaders of the TFG and ARS. The Contact Group representatives, who came from their capitals and Nairobi, called on all Somalis at home and abroad to fully support the Djibouti Agreement – and urged all parties to join the political process.

As always it was a pleasure to work with your brothers from Djibouti who are true friends and allies of the Somali people.

Once again we count on your strong backing for the peace efforts in Somalia and thank you for all your hard work towards making Somalia a stable and successful country which we believe will soon regain its dignity and be free from violence and chaos. I hope to meet more members of the patriotic jaliyadda in the coming months to discuss all these issues in person and will be travelling to Sweden to do so in October.

We will report back on further progress soon.

In the meanwhile, my very best wishes to you all

Your brother

Ahmedou

The closing press conference of the meeting was addressed by the Prime Minister and Sheikh Sharif.

Did i miss that press conference or it didn't happen at all ??

Abtigiis   

Dear Spohist;

I know more things when it comes to the United Non-sense (UN). I work for it. Believe me this is all business as usual for Ahmedou. A career issue. And here in the UN, when you fail and put 200 bags of food in the toilet, this is how you report:

"200 bags of food intended for supplementary feeding for district X was dumped into a pit latrine. A lot of work has been done to make accurate assessement of the need, to identify the real beneficiaries and enhance more targeting of the delivery of the food. There was a lot of progress in all those areas; and we now have a database of who should get what. The 200 bags were not delivered appropriately; but there are lots of positives things to take from this exercise. Lessons learnt. Overall, the operation was a success!

Dear sophy- Processes matter and count here, not results. The Personal Appraisal System (PAS) for Ahmedou will reflect all his meetings and their venues!

That’s what dirin is all about! Give and take! There are sticking points that need be addressed before substantial gains are made. There will be a compromise!

As for the Tolka man, don’t collapse under your own weight adeer, intaad dabaaldega baabacaysnayso...the irony is as you celebrate for this figment of Jabbuuti’s perceived failure, so you will celebrate with us when the mighty pens strike the eventual deal!

^^This is very elementary adeer. You dont expect a seventeen years of civil war coupled with global terror fighting politics be resovled in a one meeting or two.

You wanna join the negotiation, Tolka :D ?

Meesha ruwaayad uun baa la isu dhigyaa ,, sida marba loo kala kacayo marna la isugu noqonayo uun baa la rabaa in odayga xilku ka dhamaado dabadeedna la yidhaahdo dowlad kele ha la soo dhiso. Waa sidii ku dhacday uun C/qaasim Salaad.

Abtigiis   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

^^Did i say 7 days?

That was not xiin!

Hohohooooo! Oo kaalay ma dafiraad cad baa bilaabatay. Wakaa sheekhii haddaba ciddii Xinn sheekh u haysatoow. See what you said here: "War maad isugtid isbuuc baa noo hadhsane...". Spin it again, ilee as I told you you are suffering from that infallibility syndrome. :D

http://www.somaliaonline.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/topic/9/15981/4

Gabbal   

Perhaps we should start becoming more like Xiin. I certainly am having a change of heart concerning the Djibouti deliberations. Hope is all we can hang on to.

Originally posted by Abtigiis &Tolka:

quote:Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

^^Did i say 7 days?

That was not xiin!

Hohohooooo! Oo kaalay ma dafiraad cad baa bilaabatay. Wakaa sheekhii haddaba ciddii Xinn sheekh u haysatoow. See what you said here: "War maad isugtid isbuuc baa noo hadhsane...". Spin it again, ilee as I told you you are suffering from that infallibility syndrome.
:D

lool@Tolka man!

It was Ramadan i was reffering to adeer! And that is not a spin :D . Run weeye!

Horn, join the caravan adeer! As of now, using caqligayga, i dont see a better alternative than bridging the somali division.