Sign in to follow this  
IL CAPO

MAN MARRIES A 7 YEARD OLD NIECE.

IL CAPO   

Madras - Police in the southern Indian state of Tamil Nadu are hunting a man who married his seven-year-old niece to avenge her father's alleged role in breaking up his first marriage, police said on Thursday.

The "marriage" between 35-year-old farm-hand Vijayarajan and his niece Amuthamani, took place several months ago, said A Amalraj, superintendent of police in Theni village, about 500 kilometres from the Tamil Nadu state capital Madras.

"But we came to know about this only on Tuesday. We have registered a case of child marriage under some relevant sections of the penal code," Amalraj said.

Indian law sets 18 as the minimum age for a woman to marry and 21 for a man, but women's rights groups claim that about half of all marriages that take place in the country involve underage girls.

Usually priests or marriage officers are penalised if they perform illegal weddings but most of the marriages go undetected. If force is involved, offenders may be jailed.

Police said Vijayarajan caught Amuthamani - both only use one name - on her way to school and tied the "thali" (the sacred thread) round her neck to symbolise marriage.

His motive was apparently to spite his brother-in-law - Amuthamani's father Ayyavoo - for allegedly engineering a split between him and his wife.

When Amuthamani's wailing father took the case before the village "panchayat" or council, the elders in the hamlet ruled that the little girl would have to live with Vijayarajan as his second wife, police said.

Vijayarajan has now fled the village but Amalraj said police were confident of finding him.

"We will soon get him. This marriage is invalid," said Amalraj.

sofine   

I REALLY AM DISGUSTING OF HEARING THIS....HOW CAN SOMEONE MARRY SOMEONE ELSE BY FORCE...IT IS NOT RIGHT....I HOPE THIS GUY ROT IN HELL FOR WHAT HE HAD DONE TO THE POOR THING....IN THIS WORLD WE LIVING RIGHT NOW...IT IS NOT OKAY FOR A GUY WHO IS 35 TO MARRY 7...FORGOT SAKES....I UNDERSTAND 14 OR UP...BUT 7....THAT IS NOT RIGHT...I HOPE THE CATCH HIM...AND PUT HIM IN JAIL...AND LET HIM GET A DOZE OF HIS MEDICIENE IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN ;)

I cant believe that you guys are more shocked about the age. THAT WAS HIS NIECE (if we are to believe the story icon_razz.gif ) but this is INCEST we are talking about.

Qac Qaac   

India what do u expect.. those ppl are millions and millions.. obviously they will have ppl like that...

also baranbaro aisha was 9 yes.. but at that time, society was different.. and 9yrs old at time are smarter than 24 yrs old now in north america sorry.. but that's the trueth..

Bess.   

[

also baranbaro aisha was 9 yes.. but at that time, society was different.. and 9yrs old at time are smarter than 24 yrs old now in north america sorry.. but that's the trueth.. [/QB]

it is true my little sister who is also 9....is told when to clean her rm...just imagining that happening to her alone...will give me nightmares....this story is an example of what ignorance can do to this world...what kind of decent man would want to have a child in wedlock...it is extremely disturbing....that alot for more ppl were not offended...inshaallah...this disgusting man will be brought to justice....

peace

king_450   

What is wrong with getting hitched to a 9yr old? I don't blv getting hitched equates you being laid. Somalis do this tradition too and wait till the lady matures,but isn't our relegion tell us that women mature at age 8yrs and men at 15yr,so what is the fuss here. I think it is more shocking getting hitched to 50yr old then to 9yr old,that is my take.