Sign in to follow this  
RedSea

It's Snowing in Hargeysa!

RedSea   

Baraf Ku fadhiistay Xaafada Siinay

2006-10-10 (Hadhwanaagnews) Hargeysa (Maan) Qeybo ka mid ah xaafadda Siinay ee degmada Axmed Dhagax, ayaa waxa fadhiistay Baraf dhagaxaan waaweyn watay oo ka dhashay Roobabkii Axadii ka da’ay caasimada Hargeysa.

Barafkaasi oo fadhiistay Jiingadaha Guryaha iyo wada lugeedyada dhex mara xaafada Faarax Nuur ee degmada Axmed Dhagax waxa ay cabsi weyn ku abuurtay Bulshada iyo qoysaska degan xaafadaasi.

[barafkaasi oo ah kii u horeysay ee Noociisa ah waxa uu xaafadaasi fadhiyay muddo 20 saacadood ah.

Ibraahim Maxamed oo ah oday 70 jir ah , isla markaana ka mid ah Bulshada ku dhaqan xaafadaasi ayaa ka hadlay sida uu Barafku ugu fadhiistay xaafadooda, waxa uu yidhi ‘’Runtii waxa ay ahayd xaaladd Naxdin iyo Amakaag nagu riday Roobabkii Axadii ka da’ay Magaalada Hargeysa oo bilaabmay wax yar ka hor xilligii Afurkii, waxa jiingadaha iyo Guryahayaga hortooda hadheeyay dhagaxaan waaweyn oo Baraf ah oo sababay in aanu waxba maqli weyno, waxa aan ku tilmaami karaa mucjiso oo toddobaatan sano oo aan jiray Maan arag Hargesya oo Baraf fadhiisto 20 saacadood oo uu dhalaali waayo’’.

Oday Ibraahim Maxamed Isagoo hadalkiisa sii wata waxa uu yidhi ‘’Waxa markii dhagxaantii barafka ahaa oo qiyaastii mid weliba Nuskiiloo leekaa aan ka baqnay in guryuhu dumaan waxana aanu bilownay alle Barri iyo ducooyin’’.

Sidoo kale Masuuliyiin ka tirsan degmada Axmed Dhagax oo aanu la xidhiidhnay , ayaa sheegay in dawlada Hoose iyo shacbiga xaafadaasi ay shalay duhurkii iska kaashadeen sidii Wadooyinka looga sifayn lahaa Barafka xaafadaasi fadhiistay.

Masuuliyiinta degmada Axmed Dhagax waxa ay sheegeen in Barafkaasi oo watay dhagaxaan aad u cul culus aanay cidina wax ku noqon , hase yeeshee ay bulshada xaafadaasi ku abuurtay sas iyo baqdin balaadhan.

u_2d_2006-10-10-11-44-3f_sinay1.jpg

Wargeyska Maandeeq

Hargeysa,Somaliland

RedSea   

^yeah, sorry, I didn't post the image before, now check it out, mostly they freaked out quite frankly.Never in hundred years, did I ever thaught, Hargeysa would experience snow fall, well at least not before Minnesota.

ElPunto   

^Wow - I never thought it ever got that cold in Hargiesa. Didn't think it got much below 10 C. Hope those poor or homeless do not get too adversely affected by it

RedSea   

^Could you believe, if I told you,they had their shovels out, shoeveling the snow from their doorways, they did.

Ms DD   

It is amazing. I never thought it could get that cold. The picture looks beautiful though. Nice houses. I remembered when i went to Norway lst november.

PS..Just wondered why this was on a political forum? smile.gif

RedSea   

^^ooh Cambaro Cambaro, did you not know that it has goten to the point here in SOL where, when one mentions a city back home,it quickly turns into political scene even when not intended to. So I knew sooner or later,this would find itself in here. If I posted on the General topics section,I just knew it would, so I thought I oughta save the guys doing the moving,a little favor by just keeping it here to begin with.

Chimera   

ey Mr red sea is that pic hargeisa or some western country?

people attacking me on a different forum and accussing of coming with fake pics :D

fill me in

RedSea   

^lol.yep.

Waaar heedhe Wiil balaayo, miyaad sii gudbisay, haa u sheeg waa Hargeysa dheh, tell them it has something to do with global worming, wuxuun ku akhri. :D

Basically, how this happened was, there was heavy dayr season rain in Hargeysa at this time, while it was pouring, all of sudden the atmosphere changed into colder temperatures, thus making the rainfall turn to heavy snow fall which cars and people couldnt' move out of their "drive ways "for 20 hours (it starting to sound like Minnesota). Anyways,it's hard to believe,but yes what you see is what you get.

Jaylaani   

It was hail not snow. It happens a lot in Hargeisa region but never before in this magnitude.

It was hot when I was there over the summer…more like Djibouti. I couldn't believe it.

RedSea   

^well, Jay, it started out as hail accompanying the rainfall,but later it turned into snow, or else hail wouldn't have to be cleared out of the road,as the the report indicates.

The area of the picture looks bit familiar, it's the outskirt of Hargeysa,near the mountain(Badhka)where people used to get executed during the last dictatorship regime.

p.s, during your vacation: miyaanad sawiro soo Qaadin, waamaxay spirit SOL maad ka soo bixin Jay.

Juje   

I can understand if it snows in Hargeysa for the first time, but what suprises me about the picture is not only the snow but that the houses already have a chimney. How?

RedSea   

^could be the drift of the heavy rains and dust combine,and in which after that the snow fall hit.

It could also simply be the dirt or the dust attracted by the homes from the dirt streets.Good enough.