Sign in to follow this  
finestsista2005

Would you marry someone you were not attracted to ?

nuune   

^^^ kakac kaniini ku margee!

FirstLady, maashaa Allaah, glad to hear that and you made your decision.

Buuxo   

ONYA sis. It's always nice to read the follow up to some of the threads.You know a we should do a ' where are they now' thread. That would be interesting.

LOL@JB.

nuune   

^^ Haye ma soo qufee threadskii qawmu nuuxii, and see what happened to their authors :D

I am sure I don't have many threads to myself smile.gif

Abtigiis   

Originally posted by FirstLady:

Dear SOL nomads, this question has arisen when young educated somali brother asked me for my hand. He is good standard looks. Regardless of how he dresses even if it is the most impressive I am not attracted to him one bit. I don't think about him. So, what I like to know is, can you marry someone you are not attracted to , that your heart isn't in it? It is question that I definatly would like some help with the sisters. I don 't want to marry just for the words of marriage but more. I don't feel butterflies, nothing at all.

Please let me know what you gals think. Thanks.

Ideally, it is a big NO! But you seem undecided. Clearly has given the thing happening some thought. Take your time. He is not attractive from your description. I know what it is like when women talk of not being really in it! yacni wiilka yaraha Joqaraafi ku yar noqday. In terms of the looks.

But if you keep on saying I don't want to get married just for the sake of it, the time will come when you will be looking for just that and you will not be getting it.

What you do depends on what you think are your options. If you are not sure chances won't be coming quite repeatedly, put him on vibration mode and assess the market. A practical solution I would assume.

Buuxo   

Nuune,i would if i had insider info ;) given that i only joined 2 years ago(bisinka thats long) i don't know some of nomads prior nicks.But we should nominate some1 to do this thread. Any suggestions. And it can't be you, you have too many thread we like to dig up...that you wouldnt like some people to see smile.gif

ilax   

Marriage being a life time decission deserves more time to be invested on it.Age factor matter, hence it depends on your age and may be attractiveness. Don't waste that opportunity if you are not sure your future value, I mean before you reach where there is no return: getting old and left less option. Be wise and logic for your lovers is my best advice for you.

FirstLady,

Glad to have the follow up and Insha allah it works out...I can't believe a healthy marriage can survive without passion or dose of lust...Best of luck with the rest, bee bye SS

Pucca   

If the person isnt attractive enough *looks* or have something attractive about them *character?*, then maxaan isku sheegeena??

and folks, attraction is not love; so quit confusing the two. Marriage doesnt build attraction...it builds love, and im sorry but you need attraction to get married and you need marriage to build on that attraction to create love.

Aaliyyah   

Attraction is essential in relationships. Besides, it doesn't mean you are attracted to someone cuz they are handsome. Not necessarily, it could be due to aspects of their personality. Even though they are not easy on the eye.

But, as you said you are not attracted to him. So, am assuming neither his looks nor his personality cuts for you. So you might as well look for a potential husband somewhere else...

salaam...