Sign in to follow this  
Oromia

Solidarity

^^Brother, don't worry, this job is going to be finished by the brave Islamic Soldiers in Mogadishu alone. You sleep well now, and let the Mujaahidiin embark on the operation to uproot the evil regime in Ethiopia who perpetuated repressions and voilence against the highly victimized Muslim masses in Ethiopia, especially our brothers and sisters from Oroma and Oggadden regions.

The Mujaahideen in Somalia love to die as the Christian Ethiopians love to live in this world. True that Melez Zenawi had flirted with a major catestrophic calamity in Somalia that would definately backlash him swiftly as he continues peddling the internal issues of Somalia.

Let the drama begin to unfold for its going to play the much-awaited music of the region at large.

Interventions to Stifle the Positive Developments in Somalia

By Staff

Jul 18, 2006, 16:39

In January 1991, when Siad Barre was ousted from power in Somalia , there was an imminent spark of disagreement and lack of harmony among those who carried out the coup d'etat and other armed gangs. The division went deep into the minor clefts of clan and kinship differences and brought about heightened tensions, which gave rise to the endless massacre that unfolded for the last 15 years. The country thus became the sole nation on the globe without functional government and sadly without any kind of hope. Recently, however, a popular political movement that is based on social consciousness with the intention of establishing a central government for Somalia has been gaining momentum. And through these movements, by discarding sub national differences, the people of Somalia who have suffered and been shattered by the civil war have surfaced a new political aspiration.

This current movement followed the culmination of the sad experience that unfolded in Somalia including the horrible bloodletting and slaughter that took place in that country. This is an initiative, which the Somali people introduced on their own will and determination so as to lay a conducive ground for negotiations and possible reconciliation, so as to establish a united Somalia with a functional central government. This move should have been abetted and encouraged by all peace loving forces and those who advocate progress. Contrary to this, however, there are some quarters, which have become restless about these developments in Somalia . And out in the open, under the pretext of uprooting terrorism the same quarters are surprisingly taking counter productive measures of spontaneous, unsubstantiated and hasty nature to impede the process of national reconciliation and union of the people of Somalia .

During the last 15 years, when Somalia was mauled by civil war, the international community did not make any significant and productive effort to promote peace and reconciliation in that country, and indeed this is one of the concrete sad episodes in history. Of course, until the mid 1990s there was military and aid related interventions by the U.S. government. However the way these missions were handled did not help in hitting the set objective. Rather it made the problem far more complex and after that the people of Somalia were taken for granted as if “they have agreed to disagree†and were viewed as forgotten and hopeless people as if they don't deserve any attention and assistance from the outside world. The people of Somalia , learning from this past experience of disheartening episode and to prove that they are not hopeless as such, began to take measures that could revamp these mishaps. And within their own consciousness and political environment began to mould a process that leads to the realization of a cohesive Somalia .

Surely for those who stand for peace and reconciliation, this move sets in a hopeful atmosphere, in which there is light at the end of the tunnel. However, this was not welcome news for the parties who wish to see a destabilized and disorientated Somali nation. The commencement of the intervention through the U.N. or U.N. sponsored peacekeeping mission is hence a result of this trepidation, which is an unsubstantiated move to speak the truth.

The other evidence of this trepidation is the action taken by the U.N. Security Council, on the basis of the U.N Charter, article 7, resolution 733/1992 regarding an arms embargo against Somalia that was adopted in 23 January, 1992, which calls for general and full arms embargo. However at the present time, the Security Council is trying to lift the ban partially, in a way that is suitable to some Somali factions. What is more, recently, in Khartoum , some Somali nationals who are demanding an opportunity to negotiate with a number of their Somali counterparts have been denied such an access. “We can only discuss with those whom we want and not with others†is the reply being given by some parties. And surely this is concrete evidence that demonstrates the militating advancement thereby aimed at sabotaging the harmony and cohesion being sought, and, torpedo the national reconciliation process in Somalia and sway it from the sane and sober road.

When the people of this country, which was utterly forgotten for the last 15 years by the U.N., A.U. and the international community at large, are making committed efforts to reach understanding and find a remedy for their problems, the current rush of intruding in the internal affairs Somalia is but designed, to stifle the positive developments and buy ample time for the TPLF regime and others, in addition to preparing armed aggression. It is as clear as broad daylight that these designs of intervention run counter to the aspiration of the people of Somalia .

Source:

Oromia   

Unless Ethiopia is strategically weakened Horn African Muslims will never ave peace. Ethiopia is to Horn Africa as Israel is to the Middle East, remember?

me   

Oromia, this is not about religion. This is about justice and peace for all the people of the Horn.

Christians, Muslims and all other religions can coexist in the horn, if there is justice for all.

^^You obviously misread it, the whole issue is about religion. Oromians are predominantly Muslim population as we do, and much of the christian aggressions are subjected to them.

If you are not muslim enough to understand the misery of our people, then don't attempt to comment of what you don't know in this regard.

Oromia   

I don't know where you heard the Americans are pushing for dialogue. We know what they tried to do in somalia recently and we know they are blocking the international arbitration's ruling in favour of Eritrea form being implemented at any forum they could do so. That is what is pushing Isayas to help Oromos and Somalis to help him weaken hie archenemy. However, what I am proposing is unless this archenemy of somalis, oromos, and eritreans are weakened strategically once and for all, we can prevent further bloodshed from taking place in the Horn. I think, your Malcolm X quote, therfore, however right,is misplaced.

me   

Alle Ubaahane, starting a religious war is in no ones benefit. We have been fighting religious wars for a thousand year. We need to learn how to live together. This coexistence will never happen if there is no justice. All the people of the horn should get the chnace to choose their own destiny and practice their religion without any interference.

Religious intolerance from Christians in Ethiopia directed at the Ethiopian Muslims is the root cause of all these wars. All men are created equal by god and no man should oppress another. All forms of oppression should be fought against

If you ever want to fight a war, your goals should be clear. This war is not about destroying Ethiopian Christianity; this war is about justice for the people of the Horn.

This war is for the justice of al the oppressed peoples. It is for justice n Somalia, Justice in Somalia Galbeed, justice for Oromia, Justice for the Afar and all the other oppressed people of the Horn.

Without justice there will never be peace.

soomaali ilahey sedan ha uu damo. Ormia iyo itobiyan maxad iskugu mashqulineysan. Is not Oromia a provence of itobiya. Oromo waa qabiilka ugu wain eee itobiya, hadey cid wax tarayan, iyaga wax istaralehaye, africaano mad dantena garatan?

me   

Waan arkaa in af soomaaliga iyo af ingriisku labadaba in ay kugu adag yihiin.

Naxar, ICU'da waad ka soo horjeedi kartaa, fikrado kalena waad la socon kartaa adoon Soomaalinimada dhibaato u gaysan, waan arkaain maskaxdaadu taas in ayn ku usi karin.

Anigu ICU'da lama jiro, laakiinse maanta, walaalahay Soomaaliyeed waan la safanayaa. Maanta looma baahna in la kala istaago, waa in aan isku duubnaanaa cadawgan hadii aan rabno in aan jabino. Qof walba oo Soomaali ah oo maskax leh wuu arkaa taas. Maalinta aan cadawgan jabino ayaan anagu xisaabtamdoonaa, ilaa maalintaas laga gaadhoyana waan la safnaanayaa ICU'da.

Soomaali iyo Xabash kala dooro hadii la yidhaahdo mar walba dhanka Soomaalida ayaan dooranayaa.

balayo kula safatey. Xabashe bey kaga degte, clinic ku carar. while your there, you might want to take care of your inability to read, understand and think. mean while, i have to close now, its been fun.

me   

Hahahahha@Naxar.

The BIG PICTURE,the BIG PICTURE smile.gif

Xudun ha lagugu arko adoo sidan u haldaya, waa lagu gowaracayaa. Gaalo raac.

me   

Laugh away smile.gif

You know the truth, Xudun ha lagugu arko adoo sidan u hadlaya.

RedSea   

My dear brother Oromia,

First and foremost let me say welcome brother.

Furthermore, you are absulately right and I am all for anything that can unite the Muslims in the horn. I know that our brothers, the Oromos are in struggle for their freedom. So I hope and I am absulately willing to see Oromos and Somalis form unity, not because they are Oromos and Somalis but because they are brotherly Muslim people who should have one intention and that is to eradicate the enemies of the Muslim Umah in the horn, primarily Ethiopia (the Tigrays and Amhara).

Assalamu Calaykum.