Sign in to follow this  
SOO MAAL

Xadraawi Somaliland-na waxa la gudboon inay dagaalka ka qayb gasho

Xoogsade   

Sky.African, anyone who was happy with mohamed dheere's threats and talk of war are the ones who think foreign troops are actually gonna help the war against specific communities.

Besides, the question Hadrawi was asked was "if"(in the future), to which he gave the correct answer. That is what will happen if there is a war, people will side with their communities and tribesmen.

In my personal opinion, foreign troops can be effective only if people welcome them and host them. The benefit to that is to get armed men who don't trust each other to submitt their weapons to a third neutral party. They can also help with logistics and rebuilding.

The mistakes made by A/Y and his group were:

A- Requesting troops Ethiopia was going to be included. That set off all kinds of conspiracy theories and aroused the passions of some who look at ethiopia with contempt. If A/Y really cared about this government's stability, he should have acted different. Indha adeeggiisaan la yaabey. I would be careful if I was him and only requested what I know would not give advantage to anyone who opposes this process. No opportunities for potential spoilers and no need for controversial decisions which the government can be or do without.

B- Not coming to town even once. That spoke volumes to people and said "I, A/Y, don't think will be safe in Mogadishu and need troops to be there". I sympathize with him for my understanding of his lack of sacrifice and that his life being more important to him (and to his supporters) than this process, at the same time, he and others must acknowledge that such acts send only One message: There is no TRUST. Given such situation, how does he(A/Y) and his supporters expect people to assume the best about the troops coming? If He gave them no confidence, how can they give him one? People want government and that is why they demonstrate in support of anyone coming from Nairobi to Mogadishu. Plus you have to hear anyone denying A/Y's presidency or the legitimacy of this government AS OF YET.

Anyhow, officials better walk a fine line if they want this to work. They have to win people instead of losing them to others.

PS: Imagine if A/Y came along with the men who pledged their support in front of Somalis and the International Media to Xamar. Just once, and he talked to the residents to remind them how he was elected by the men standing next to him. On his way out to attend conferences to ask for help to the world, He could simply put the focus on Yalaxoow, Atto and all Men who have influence in the town and told them: When I come back, I want this city to be ready for government. Saxib, Caqliyaa loo baahan yahay. Perhaps I am giving more credibility to A/Y and his ability to make this government work. Or I may sound gullible or foolish, but the reality is one that requires self-sacrifice and for A/Y to be a little more daring or honest ;)

It is not time for perfection if that is what drives so many to blame others in mogadishu incessantly. The question and motivation should be, how can we make this work without useless talk and making people feel ignored by the government they threw their support behind. Show some love please and you will find many supporters on your side.

^^

Dude, Mogadishu ISN'T safe. Yaad arintaas ka dhaadhicinee? You think flooding SOL pages with your talk of 'Mogadishu is safe' will change the city's 15 years of ruins overnight? No legitimate government can function out of Mogadishu - ask Abdiqasim Salat and his failed TNG episode. The same men who opposed Abdiqasim Salat (Atto, Yalaxow, Qanyare) are now opposed to Col Yeey's TFG. It has nothing to do with the 'shaqisad' of these men (Abdiqasim or Yeey), but rather the fact that Mogadishu warlords don't want change, don't want their various powerbases to be taken over by some 'government.' These men (Atto, Yalaxow, Qanyare, the numerous businessmen) can't be trusted - Abdiqasim Salat didn't trust them back then, why should Col Yeey trust them now? Cismaan Caato is the same guy who was behind the assasination of the late Gen Aideed. You think Col Yeey, Ghedi, Hussein Aideed etc forgot about this? You talking about going to Mogadishu and standing next to these warlords - that's not the problem. Nor is the problem the militias. The problem is the warlords who'll undoubtedly send hit teams to the TFG compound.

Col Yeey doesn't want to go to Mogadishu for the same reason Atto or Yalaxow don't want to go to Baydhabo: because they want to stick to the place where they have power. In Mogadishu, Col Yeey might be 'president' but he's merely a citizen with no enforcement power because power is in the hands of (aside from Allah SWT) the warlords. In Baydhabo, Col Yeey enjoys the support of the warlords there and so can enforce his power - which is what the Mog. warlords are against.

Quit trying to turn the issue into an issue of Col Yeey not showing love to Reer Muqdisho. He landed in Jowhar and was welcomed by the cheering thousands - tell me, what's the difference between dadka Jowhar dagan iyo dadka Muqdisho dagan?

Xoogsade   

Wind.Talker, did I hit a raw nerve? Don't get so upset. I stated what Mistakes A/Y made personally which are true. Mistakes that undermined him already and will undermine all efforts in the future if not corrected. A/Y is the president elect and I think people are entitled to follow his steps critically all the way. Perhaps you should put a sock on your tribal feelings and accept that not everyone will forgive him and blind themselves to what he does.

Besides, who is to say he would have been killed if he went to Xamar? That fear is based on profound distrust right? Then what business did he have dealing with the warlords to begin with wasting our precious time for two years? Anyone, including him, is really out of their mind if they think someone is going to come to help them wage a war in Xamar against these men. That thought is really as demented as the mind that harbours it.

As for the difference between Jowhar and Xamar, they are two different towns, one named Jowhar and the other XAMAR. Unless you were thinking along your usual tribal lines and saying subtly that there are people who shouldn't be in Xamar, All somalis today feel A/Y is their president and he should address them. Try to separate Men whom A/Y fears and can't trust, and the average camel-herder who feels left out. That is, if you really can go beyond your tribal sentiments against a particular tribe(reer hobyo).

PS: Tell us how you foresee A/Y coming to xamar with an Army, fighting these warlords and then ruling in peace? You think such scenario is possible? that lines won't be blurred and once a bullet is fired people won't devide themselves along tribal lines? What beneift will you and get from community wars? And how far are youwilling to go to get what you want?

If XAMAR isn't so safe for A/Y to come, he should wait till conditions change. Foreign troops, if not welcome, won't help, He and the Warlords who support can't invade town to over-power men they don't like. If you can't see all these problems on the horizon, keep on dreaming brother.

^^

Let's see if there's a way to reason with you:

You're absolutely right that the average people of Muqdisho feel neglected by this TFG leadership. But what power does the average Reer Muqdisho have to change the status quo? In dealing with Muqdisho, you have to deal with the people in charge: the war/druglords, clan courts, illegal businessmen, etc. Those are the powerbrokers - or are you in total denial of this fact as well?

Therefore, if those very people are the powerbrokers and are against the TFG (although most are members of it), then what chance does the TFG have of surviving in a city dominated by opposition forces? Truth is, anyone who advocates for Muqdisho wants the TFG to face the same fate the TNG faced: demise at the hands of the aforementioned powerbrokers!

And please, for the sake of facts, don't try to portray Reer Muqdisho as victims of Col Yeey - what the hell did he ever do to them? He victimized Boosaaso and Qardho, among other places. But Muqdisho? If they (Reer Muqdisho) have a proper mind, I think they could easily pinpoint the epicenter of their problems: the powerbrokers vocally led by the warlords! If Reer Muqdisho are victims, they're victims of the very same men they know support. They believed the unfounded lies of some 'sheik' who was arrested by Garoowe police and all his stuff confiscated - yet, strangely enough, he escaped with detailed maps of an imminent Ethiopian invasion that was being prepared in Garoowe of all places! Where's the logic in that? Why the hell would Ethiopian military intelligence prepare or even host their military plans in Garoowe? Where's the ONE PERSON from Muqdisho who wonders aloud: how did this guy ('sheik' Xasan, I think) manage to escape with maps after he was detained and his belongings confiscated? Where, I ask you...

Save me the preaching about the average Reer Muqdisho: they're victims of their own sinful acts of the past decade. The efforts of the honest few must never be overlooked - but the work of the evil ones overshadows any good that could possibly come out of that city. That city will never rest until the untold atrocities are laid to rest! You can blind yourself from that all you like sxb. But every knowledgible Somali knows Muqdisho for what is was, and what it has become: it is the single living proof that USC cannot lead Somalia. They can't even agree amongst each other to open the air and seaport!

Where are the Reer Muqdisho demonstrations asking for the re-opening of these vital ports? Yet, they rather be busy demonstrating against Col Yeey's policies - but won't take a minute to self-reflect on their current sad state of affairs! I think I've said enough.

Xoogsade – my dear chap, the trouble with your assessment is it purely focuses upon asymmetrical PR discernment of what should have been done in lieu of what must be done. For any such perception to have validity or to invoke dialogue, impulsive as the case might be herein, would require modalities pertinent to the event-driven actualities on the ground. Unfortunately, that seems to be missing, hence rendering the discussion rather flaccid. Nonetheless, indulge you briefly I shall.

One ought to understand the apparent disparity ‘ween inaYusuf and his predecessors incl. aQassim et al judging from his immediate directives and tacit workflow tactics in that he [inaYusuf] seems to have sussed out the derivatives of Somalia’s quandary [security], thusly is acting accordingly whereas his contemporaries misread the outpouring snivels and well-wishing of the populace. Failure became the end result. Cognisant of that, he is I trust, hence his preoccupation with security and FTs along with his delaying to head for the capital. Shrewd and calculating, I trust those are. Popular, these are not. But, the man in question fares not well on the popularity scale or contest.

Whimsical outcries from certain corners such as “people have spoken, therefore the government must relocate to the capital†are supercilious and puerile.

Convinced I am you want not to hear that, but hey no one likes to be corrected.

Cheers,

Xoogsade   

Wind.Talker, self-reflection and looking into your own deeds are noble acts everyone is required to practice. For that same advice you gave, I hope you are not a sinful victim yourself immersed in what drove you out of your hometown. I am not in denial of problems that exist but don't think the solution is found in more wars. Anyway, don't take pains replying if you think it isn't worth it. I don't want to feel that I have twisted your arm bro.

Samurai-Warrior.

Yes, delighted I could write such a PR that made you come out of your fox-hole :D