Sign in to follow this  
FatB

women + revealing cloths= meat

FatB   

Australian's most senior Muslim cleric has blamed immodestly dressed women who don't wear Islamic headdress for being preyed on by men and likened them to abandoned "meat" that attracts voracious animals.

In a Ramadan sermon that has outraged Muslim women leaders, Sydney-based Sheik Taj Din al-Hilali also alluded to the infamous Sydney gang rapes, suggesting the attackers were not entirely to blame.

In a religious address on adultery to about 500 worshippers in Sydney last month, Sheik Hilali said: "If you take out uncovered meat and place it outside on the street, or in the garden or in the park, or in the backyard without a cover, and the cats come and eat it ... whose fault is it, the cats or the uncovered meat?

"The uncovered meat is the problem."

Muslim community leaders were yesterday outraged.... yahdy ya...etc.

so, wat do you guys think, i understand where he's coming form. but his timing of the speach was of pitch.

Ibtisam   

^^^he needs "HOW to give dacwa" classes, what to say and what not to say, How and when to say it, and most of all who to say it to. He will do you guys no good, if he sounds like a mad man on a rant. :rolleyes: A non muslim will not get his message and it will push non-practice away from the general muslim community. I for one will not communicate with people who say such thing. How dare he! redface.gif

you understand where he's coming from?

hmmm...when did condoning rape become acceptable? or are we just in the habit of standing behind Imams regardless of whether what they preach is unislamic or not?

allan   

i petty the fool, who cries foul when a skimpy piece of "meat" is raped, at least it will teach her not to wear such short skirts or tight tops...

And before you jump down my throat. Give me the comparison between the numbers of Jewish women or probably dressed muslim women that get raped compared to that of the "liberated women"....

Naden   

^ Mmmm, yeah, the crazy mufti's words were the talk of the town just a few days ago in le general. A bunch of geniuses (you know, the kind that must drop their pants to count to 11) were wonderin' too about leftover meat, theiving cats, and rape. I'll bet they can help you crunch those numbers.

Buuuuuuut, don't you have some sinning to do before next year's hajj? icon_razz.gif . Well, then, git to it:

Times a-wastin'

Times a-wastin'

Times a-wastin'

CLOCK.jpg

allan   

when did condoning rape become acceptable?

er, your statment is lost on me. from what i gather the shakh isnt condoning rape, but mearly pointing out the fact at those who strut their bodies should not cry faul if they are take advantage of....