Sign in to follow this  
Salma

Dear Sisters

Classique, thanks for the reminder. I've to agree with Aeryn tho. If you spend the entire day thinking about food, its majorly disappointing if the afur table isnt lad with sweets, soups, spicy meat and chicken, samosas....the whole nine yards. We should definitely give more attention to the spiritual aspect of Ramadan, but can we forgo the exceptionally well cooked food? me thinks not. :D

SisSade..that was a brilliant article. I shall try my best to follow it throughout this month.

Raxmah   

Salaams

Thanks walaal for the great reminder, funny thing is I just got out of MSA, it was my turn to talk about a topic, this what I talked about. Its great advice, some of us females just forget that, this is not a month of cooking, it for worship. Remember part of the reason for fasting is to feel the hunger others feel, so you can give sadaqa, if it's just going back to our tummies, we really haven't accomplished anything.

Remember to eat healthy foods and drink as much liquid as you can..

CLassiQue, thnxz for the advice sis..

Ramadan is time for worshibing as said before, and the thing about Food, i think it is more cultural for all muslims( somalis i know for sure they do lot af cooking), i remember back home, in Ramadn, mum and the shaqalo cooking lot of food, and the kids used to fast too smile.gif bcz mum they will get nancs and xanjo`s after afur, and that they should get trained in fasting..

BEsides u mentioned some thing that the women spending their time cooking while the brothers and husband are out worshiping Allah.. But we Get aJar for cooking too, leave alone with cooking U get ajar(Sadaqa) for the Good word U say to ur Brother/sister in Islam( as our Prophet said SCW, Wal kalimatu Dayiba Sadaqa)

I Was listening to Muxaadara by a British(i think) Muslim Professor, who was talking about Ramadan and mentioning that the best tv series are sendt on the This Holy month to spoil the muslims mind! :( Well he was Right!

May Allah forgive us in this Holy Month, and May we be some of those who are freed From Jahannam In this Month, bczz thousands of people are freed from Cadaab Every Ramadan..

Ps: sisters try not to miss the traawiix and tahajud this ramadan For allah`s Sake.

JZK KHYRAA

Qac Qaac   

Golden girl, isha aad ka tuurtay, cooking for your family is hasana too.. everything u do if u have the right intension u would be rewarded for it.. even for work..