Sign in to follow this  
Taleexi

The British motives behind the BBC Somali Service

Abaadir   

Mahammud Hassan was one of the greatest reporters BBC Somali service ever had. It’s sad to see his position taken by heavily southern accented reporters. I wonder if they are the most qualified people MR. Garad can find.... did any of you ever listen Farhia Qaajo reporting from Xamar.... I think she needs to find another job.

Castro   

Originally posted by Abaadir:

.... It’s sad to see his position taken by heavily southern accented reporters. I wonder if they are the most qualified people MR. Garad can find.... did any of you ever listen Farhia Qaajo reporting from Xamar.... I think she needs to find another job.

You're not saying a southern accent is an indication of ill-qualification, are you? For if you are, then that's a racist statement that you need to retract.

Abaadir   

I have yet to see someone from Alabama or Deep South for that matter anchoring Major American Television news. It must have to do with their thick accent. And BBC should not be different. If you have thick accent no matter what part of Somalia you from you should not be hired

Gabbal   

^Have you ever thought that the majority of Americans do not speak in a southern accent but a more uniform one ranging from New York to California?

Castro   

I have yet to see someone from Alabama or Deep South for that matter anchoring Major American Television news. It must have to do with their thick accent. And BBC should not be different. If you have thick accent no matter what part of Somalia you from you should not be hired

Aren't you a gem? :rolleyes:

Mahammud Hassan was one of the greatest reporters BBC Somali service ever had. It’s sad to see his position taken by heavily southern accented reporters. I wonder if they are the most qualified people MR. Garad can find.... did any of you ever listen Farhia Qaajo reporting from Xamar.... I think she needs to find another job.

You know what? Listening to the BBC news on the internet doesnt really have the same effect as it used to do(For the Radios). The fork is wrong with you sxb?

Someone spray him with all these LYSOL disenfenctant Cans.

cans.jpg

Castro   

^ That was interesting. Mohamoud Hassan's cognisance of the purpose of the BBC, his role in it and the candid way in which he describes this role is what makes this man quite credible, in my opinion. Here's an excerpt of what he said in the article:

The
overall purpose
of the Somali Service, like the BBC Arabic Service and the many other services of the BBC World Service, is
to serve Britain’s foreign interest
. In other words,
the Service is to serve the BBC propaganda, which is sometimes subtle and other times not so subtle.
All of us who served in the BBC have willy-nilly participated in that propaganda. If we have tolerated performing this propaganda as a price for keeping our jobs (you might say we were mercenaries), at least we had always resisted any physical harm being done to our country.

king_450   

Mohamoud Hassan

A former staff member of the BBC Somali Servie

The BBC Somali Service,in promoting Britan's overall foreign interest.

Since Mr Mohamed knew all these lies why not come out at an earlier time? why now? just because he lost his Job gives him the right to tell us what was happening in BBC"somali" section. I wonder if Mr Mohamed still had his job will he ever mention to all of us what we knew and now him telling us?

Well again he has the balls to come up and correct his wrongs.

As for the Dialect competition , i think it is good to see different somali dialect broacast the somali news,so far i have not seen "May May Dialec" broadcasted from the BBC somali news. Imagine that. Some of you will have been astonished.

Taleexi   

All of us who served in the BBC have willy-nilly participated in that propaganda. If we have tolerated performing this propaganda as a price for keeping our jobs (you might say we were mercenaries), at least we had always resisted any physical harm being done to our country.

The above quote is an indication of that Mr. Hassan is credible man by admitting his constraints, compromises during his tenure and displaying the motives behind the BBC.