Illyria

Proposed constitutional amendments - redrafting the Fed. constitution

2 hours ago, Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar said:

Hanjabaad by Mahad Qalaaye's, jago balanqaad, laaluush saa'id (ciidamadii mushaarkooda laba ilaa sadex bilood lama siin, instead la siiyey lacagtaas tuugadaan xildhibaanada sheeganaayo), plus tirada la sheegay kama badno 240 xildhibaan melahaas, xataa kuwa Aqalka Sare lagu daro. Kooran la'aan ayaa dhicinlahayd laakiin Aqal Sare kooramka lagu buixsanaa. Yaab.

I said it. HSM will throw this country into abyss.  I called it. 

Tonight, Puntland have pretty much declared independence from Mogadishu.  

Sad. R I.P. Somalia. 

1 minute ago, Illyria said:

The nation is at a crossroads, and this opens the gate for dark days to come.

This will decide if federalism gets entrenched or if Somali , becomes a city state  run by HSM and alike. Unlike before, there is more than one strong member state and a strong opposition in the making.

HSM's stunt might work out for the best as it might force everyone to eventually sit down and complete the constitution. 

32 minutes ago, Dhagax-Tuur said:

I said it. HSM will throw this country into abyss.  I called it. 

Tonight, Puntland have pretty much declared independence from Mogadishu.  

Sad. R I.P. Somalia. 

no they did not declare independence xidhiidki uun bay u jareen bunkerka.. they have been doing that since the times of Faroole and abdiweli , eventually they will come back to their senses they always do  , Puntland cant survive with out xamar  iyaguna way ogyihin taas , its just what the reer xamar call Booto

galbeedi   

In Mogadishu, I realized that there is no such thing as federal states ( Dawlad Goboleed). Puntalnd might be slightly better than the rest, yet Puntland itself couldn't deliver minor issues like organizing local elections. It fares better than the rest, not because of its  institutions, but the people are willing to tolerate bad government for the general interest of peaceful existence.

They are just in name only. They don't deliver any public services at all whether it is healthcare, education or law and order. That is why I don't worry about any of them objecting the work of the parliament. There is no such thing as a veto power to reject the will of the parliament from one single state whether they are Puntalnd or Southwest.

The Somali parliament voted overwhelmingly for the latest amendments included in the constitution. The biggest debate was about ditching the prime minister and moving to presidential system , and that issue was resolved. Now the prime minister will still lead the executive branch, but he will serve and manage the cabinet and the government business with the pleasure of the president. Strong presidents with a prime minister or president and vice president is where most of the world have moved for the last 25 years. 

Most of east Africa has a direct elected president and his deputy. Most Somalis welcome changing the old system of the dysfunction between the president and the premier. I don't think that couple of opposition members out weight the national parliament. 

HSM could be opposed how he is managing the state including the lack of foreign minister when diplomatic issues are the biggest file, but fixing some important issues from the constitution isn't one of them.The Same crowd that opposed  Faramaajo are making noise. Every president have his own weaknesses, but he wust be allowed to rule and finish his term. Who do you think could touch this tough file? Farmaajo? I don't think so.

In terms of current regional states, they are all fake. Each one of them has tribal militia as force in Kismaayo, Baidoa, Dhuusamareed, and Hir-shabaale doesn't even exist. They don't even adventure outside their regional capitals. They don't fire one single bullet against Al-shabaab and they don't even represent their regions. When the election comes, their personal drivers and their house maids run against them.

Folks, this country has major problems and constant squabeling from useless opposition won't fiz it.

Illyria   
12 hours ago, Che -Guevara said:

This will decide if federalism gets entrenched or if Somali , becomes a city state  run by HSM and alike. Unlike before, there is more than one strong member state and a strong opposition in the making.

Priorities. There was no need to tamper with the Constitution. Instead political agreement, as stated in the Constitution, and institutions building, as desperately needed (perhaps focus upon security and judiciary) are far more critical to the nation, and to invest in so as to keep the nation intact and weather the tide during these taxing times.

Instead, valuable time is being wasted on painting Mona Lisa on fanciful canvass of no use to the nation nor its citizenry.

Postscript:
With the only consensus based, agreed upon Federal Constitution being those of the 2004/2012, and subsequent unilateral amendments to the said Constitution by the gov't in Xamar on Mar. 30, 2024, which nullifies core principles of the said Constitution, therefore it computes to conclude Xamar gov't seceded forming a South Central gov't.

And with PL standing by the consensus based Constitution, it is therefore the de facto legitimate political entity representing the Federal gov't.

9 hours ago, galbeedi said:

In Mogadishu, I realized that there is no such thing as federal states ( Dawlad Goboleed). Puntalnd might be slightly better than the rest, yet Puntland itself couldn't deliver minor issues like organizing local elections.

If you could elaborate.

12 hours ago, Xaaji Xunjuf said:

Puntland cant survive with out xamar  iyaguna way ogyihin taas , its just what the reer xamar call Booto

If you could explain.

I have been observing,  Somalia, sometimes as non Somali, I firmly believe Somalis. have not yet invented the wheels of governance, 

I want congratulate PL for their brave decision, nothing good is coming from Mogadishu , PL may feel short term pain but in the future will win.

Unukaa Leh, dad wax lala wadaagi Karo maaha, they will soon self destruct.

8 hours ago, galbeedi said:

In Mogadishu, I realized that there is no such thing as federal states ( Dawlad Goboleed). Puntalnd might be slightly better than the rest, yet Puntland itself couldn't deliver minor issues like organizing local elections. It fares better than the rest, not because of its  institutions, but the people are willing to tolerate bad government for the general interest of peaceful existence.

They are just in name only. They don't deliver any public services at all whether it is healthcare, education or law and order. That is why I don't worry about any of them objecting the work of the parliament. There is no such thing as a veto power to reject the will of the parliament from one single state whether they are Puntalnd or Southwest.

The Somali parliament voted overwhelmingly for the latest amendments included in the constitution. The biggest debate was about ditching the prime minister and moving to presidential system , and that issue was resolved. Now the prime minister will still lead the executive branch, but he will serve and manage the cabinet and the government business with the pleasure of the president. Strong presidents with a prime minister or president and vice president is where most of the world have moved for the last 25 years. 

Most of east Africa has a direct elected president and his deputy. Most Somalis welcome changing the old system of the dysfunction between the president and the premier. I don't think that couple of opposition members out weight the national parliament. 

HSM could be opposed how he is managing the state including the lack of foreign minister when diplomatic issues are the biggest file, but fixing some important issues from the constitution isn't one of them.The Same crowd that opposed  Faramaajo are making noise. Every president have his own weaknesses, but he wust be allowed to rule and finish his term. Who do you think could touch this tough file? Farmaajo? I don't think so.

In terms of current regional states, they are all fake. Each one of them has tribal militia as force in Kismaayo, Baidoa, Dhuusamareed, and Hir-shabaale doesn't even exist. They don't even adventure outside their regional capitals. They don't fire one single bullet against Al-shabaab and they don't even represent their regions. When the election comes, their personal drivers and their house maids run against them.

Folks, this country has major problems and constant squabeling from useless opposition won't fiz it.

What I never understood if those in Mogadishu are opposed to federalism. Why on earth accept it in 2003 back in Eldoret almost 21 years ago . Why u accept something if ur not willing to implement or support it . Maxay dadka u daalinayan

1 hour ago, maakhiri1 said:

I have been observing,  Somalia, sometimes as non Somali, I firmly believe Somalis. have not yet invented the wheels of governance, 

I want congratulate PL for their brave decision, nothing good is coming from Mogadishu , PL may feel short term pain but in the future will win.

Unukaa Leh, dad wax lala wadaagi Karo maaha, they will soon self destruct.

So why oppose SL independence of u believe bunkerka waxba lalama wadaagi karo or is it just pure xaasidnimo . It’s oke for puntland to have nothing to do with Mogadishu but u force hargeisa to be under Mogadishu