Sign in to follow this  
Sky

important meeting between puntland president n sharjah emirate ruler

Big!

My Unc was telling me about this Sheik Suldan bin Muhammad al-Khasimi. This is the same Sheik who wanted to expand the port of Boosaaso and build the Boosaaso airport during Col Yeey's tenure as Puntland Pres. However, Col Yeey had wanted something like dividing up the aid so that some of the aid went elsewhere around Puntland (was he forgetting the fact that Puntland's economy is based on Boosaaso?). Anyways, now that Col Yeey is out of the picture, Pres Cadde has re-started the relationship with the Sheik. Also, read the Sheik's name: al-Khasimi. His ancestor was the guy Boosaaso was named after (original name Bender Qassim - which the airport is named).

Cadde has done in a little over a 100 days what Col Yeey couldn't do in 6 years. My predictions about this guy are becoming more and more of a reality as each day passes by.

Reer Boqor iyo dowlad xagee awal loo kala waday?

Sky   

windtalker, i disagree with u. c/yussef didnt want some of that money to go elsewhere. this old man refused cuz the arabs wanted to manage the port and airport. wich would benefit puntland greatly, i dont trust the management to the puntland gov. becuz of c/yussef many years are wasted damn!

Also, read the Sheik's name: al-Khasimi. His ancestor was the guy Boosaaso was named after (original name Bender Qassim - which the airport is named).

interesting fact, but boosaasso was founded by bah gareen family of cusmaan/m. thats where the name boossaasso comes from.

Originally posted by Sky:

this old man refused cuz the arabs wanted to manage the port and airport. wich would benefit puntland greatly, i dont trust the management to the puntland gov. becuz of c/yussef many years are wasted damn!

Hmm. Interesting but I doubt it. These Arabs are well aware of the madax-adeeg of Somalis (our natural tendency to live free). Even if they wanted to 'control' the air/seaport, they know that it'll get em more problems in the long run. The way I heard the story, Col Yeey simply wanted aid to be shared across Puntland (which isn't a bad idea, but Boosaaso is the center of the economy). Now that Reer Bari have their 'man' in power, they're busy returning their wealth to Boosaaso, buying land etc. to rejuvanate the city. Also, this airport project is under the direct supervision of Puntland State with help from the Puntland business community (for they all benefit), the Islamic leaders, and now some foreign investment. You're right: I wouldn't trust Col Yeey's "yes men" to make progress in Boosaaso. But Cadde is keeping an eye on these folks. Wasn't it recently that a Boosaaso security official busted one of the management folks for corruption? That official was promoted to the rank of 'captain' for the incident. Things are changing slowly for the better, alaxamdulilah. Cadde is introducing 'accountability' in Puntland. If the money from Boosaaso was used in the right way, schools could be built or renovated, hospitals, roads, etc. The fact he's paying teachers' salary is an indication that the port money is being managed better than it was in pre-Cadde days. Alls I can say about this guy is kudos. So far, my biggest dissappointment with him is the Cabinet. I hope, at the 6-month mark, he gets rid of the old regime and replaces them with the folks who campaigned to see him in office (and who deserve it).

Sky   

windtalker, what return of wealth to boossaasso amigo? even c/yussef had his eyes on boossaasso and the rest was potatoes. and quite frankly, i think all puntland should concentrate on building boossaasso into the best damn town of east africa than trying to make a new york out of every little village. than again the latter is better in the long run, but ull have to be prepared to wait a good 2 or 3 centuries.

but even tho i see c/musse as a tru boqor. u gotta admit tho, this boossaasso airport project was going on long before he left canada. c/yussef certainly isnt absent from this ambitious project na mean. his support n funds are unofficially represented by his oldest son maxamed c/yussef whose part of the daladda ganacsatada puntland .

Well done to Pres Cade Muse. A good man who seems to be what Puntland needs at this moment.

Anyhow here is another interesting story. From Puntlandpost.com

Business Attraction in Puntland, Somalia

Posted to the Web Apr 30, 18:18

Puntland:-Bossaso city has become a magnet for foreigners who want to invest in Africa. This week alone, there are about half a dozen business people representing Chinese and South Korean corporations in the city. These representatives and others who frequent Puntland want to invest in the region and expand their business to this part of the world. Interested people include wealthy business men from the Middle East.

Puntland (North Eastern Somalia) has not been touched by the country’s civil war and has remained stable after the fall of Somalia’s central government in 1991. It lies on the tip of East Africa and borders Indian Ocean and Red Sea.

QUOTE:SKY:but even tho i see c/musse as a tru boqor. u gotta admit tho, this boossaasso airport project was going on long before he left canada. c/yussef certainly isnt absent from this ambitious project na mean. his support n funds are unofficially represented by his oldest son maxamed c/yussef whose part of the daladda ganacsatada puntland .

--------------------

WOOW THE WHOLE FAMIL IS IN TO POLITICS NICE SO HIS SON IS A BUSINESS MEN NEVER KNEW THAT.

MILK IS BACK.