Emperor

Somali pirates Net $ 2 million Yesterday from a British owned ship

Emperor   

Somali pirates receive $2 million for British-owned ship

Sun May 10, 2009 11:24am BST

Email | Print |

| Single Page

[-] Text [+]

BOSASSO, Somalia (Reuters) - Somali pirates said on Sunday they had received a $2-million (1.3-million pound) ransom for the release of a British-owned vessel and its 16 Bulgarian crew.

Pirate attacks, fuelled by large ransoms, have continued almost unabated despite the presence of an armada of foreign warships patrolling the Indian Ocean and Gulf of Aden.

"We got a $2 million ransom for the release of the British-owned ship," pirate Mohamed Saleh, from the Somali coastal village of Eyl, told Reuters on Sunday.

"A helicopter brought the money."

The 32,000-tonne bulker, Malaspina Castle, was released on Saturday after being captured more than a month ago. Its Italian operator paid the ransom, according to Bulgaria's Foreign Ministry, which gave no details on the amount.

Analysts say the only way to stop bandits on the high seas is to resolve Somalia's political crisis on land where pirates profit from lawlessness as Islamist-led rebels fight government troops and African Union peacekeepers.

(Reporting by Abdiqani Hassan; Writing by Jack Kimball; Editing by Jon Hemming)

Emperor   

^It is a present for Mintid_Farayare Loool

Mintid this is for you, young boy by the name Mohamed Salah had taken $2 million dollars yesterday in Eyl, a city few kilimoters away from Garoowe, what can you do? but hope America bombs PUntland Looooooooool

Emperor   

^Loool, Mintid is angry because these young men are the new hunks in high demand, if you dare speak to girls all over Somalia from Mogadishu, Bosaaso to Hargeisa they will ask you, 'Walaalo are you from Eyl'? if not never attempt Looooooooooool

His anger is quite obvious, hadii kale bal maxaa kagalay waxay pirates qaateen iyo wax kale, really does not add up...

Xaq   

hats off to the pirates. i like the way they operate. no ideology or fanaticism. it's all about the MONEY. well done

What is the difference between the isbaarooyinkii Xamar yaalay and those new bad-based isbaarooyin?

Dadkii isbaarooyinkaas Xamar daadsanaa maalin walba ku dacaayadeyn jiray dadkaas dhiganaayo ayaa maanta u dhoolacaddeynaayo isbaaradaan baddeeda ah dadka sameynaayo, oo waliba afduubanaayo maraakiibta Soomaaliyeed xataa. What gives? What is the difference?

Mise mid lacagta shisheeyaha ayaa bixinaayo miyaa, oo waa 'xalaal'?

Isbaaro waa isbaaro, bad ama dhul ha ahaatee. Mööryaana waa mööryaan, mise laba kun shilin Soomaali isbaaro haku xoog qaato ama laba milyan doolar.

Miskiin cadiifada yari ku haysa iska daa oo uu shaqo tag xagaa iyo eyl :D

If you want to compare ransoms being paid by mechant companies who've for years polluted,trawled and depleted our seas beyond recognition including those strayin into somali waters without permission is in the same leugue as warlords who used to extort money from the innocent people of Mogadishu is dispicable to say the least.

Not only is that an insult to the long suffering folks of the capital but also to those youths trying to make a living after they're livelihoods and may i say every somali so brutally for 18 yrs.

I just ran across this thread. Very humorous :D I must be doing a good job if I've gotten the whole Abdullahi Yusuf 'Amen' corner to admit to collusion with the pirates. 'Waabey ku faanayaan!!!' Simply priceless...

Keep it up, boys. Just don't change tunes when it's that time to pay the consequences ;)

In the meantime, I will try to control my jealousy :D

Originally posted by wacdaraha_aduunka:

Miskiin cadiifada yari ku haysa iska daa oo uu shaqo tag xagaa iyo eyl
:D

If you want to compare ransoms being paid by mechant companies who've for years polluted,trawled and depleted our seas beyond recognition including those strayin into somali waters without permission is in the same leugue as warlords who used to extort money from the innocent people of Mogadishu is dispicable to say the least.

Waxaas shisheeyaha waxba la socon ugu sheekeey, ee ani ha ii sheegin. Maraakiibta u raran Soomaalida la afduubanaayo waa 'illegal, non-Soomaali trawlers' miyaa?

And burcadbadeeda iyaga naftirkooda qirtay inay bad ilaalis iyo waxaas ka ahayn these days, but hunguri weyni iyo maafiyonimo. Tuug waa tuug.

I know your still reaping from the botched attempt by your governor of finding recognition under the mantle of fighting pirates :D .......

This is what you should be more worried about yaa zaqiir Al-bachelour

aroos.jpg

Or worse No Election