Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Inda Cade the Achiles heel of the courts...

Yusuf Siad Inda Cade, a self proclaimed Shiekh, who occupies the lower Shbbele thanks to his clans millitary hardware. Is close to Col Xasan Dahirm, Abdiqasin Salad Xasan and Daylaaf. This man who the UN monitoring group accuse of being a drug dealer, is damaging the image of the courts and their claim of being a real alternative to the norm, or the warlords.

Inda Cade

^^At least it’ s a challenge that the courts are, in due time, ready to take on. Can we say the same about the old man and Barre Hiiraale? The strategy of picking on some warlords while sleeping in bed with others is backfiring indeed! Do you notice, that TFG’s approach, which is not that different than that of AQasim’s, is ineffective and unfair?

Edit: where's HA :D ?

I disagree with you on this one old friend. Hiiraale like him or not and I dont, has the support of his clan and is no way comparable to Inda Cade, who played a major role in these battles, he lead some of the battles, Galgalato, Dayniile and Balcad. So he is part of the very armed groups that make up the Union of Courts.

The point about Abdiqasin I do not undrestand, Abdiqasin never built an armed forces and holed himself up in his house in Mogadishu, it is liek Abdullahi staying in Galkacyu and concentrating on it.

Aside from the fanfare of some here , I belive the TFG and the old man are still in a very powerful position. Their troops have not engaged and thus did not lose, they are getting stronger in Baidoa. Mogadishu is still the same place though now you have independent clan based courts controling where the clan warlords controled...

^^You see my good friend whether Barre has his clan’s support is immaterial of the central point of my contention. He, like indha cadde, has his share of the southern booty. The only reason he holds Kismayo is because he brought Indha cadde’s force to bear. When a man like him, and a one in that evil league, delivers a sermon of his and wins the ear of the old man, it renders the whole TFG initiative quite ineffective. It puts the TFG in a position where their talk on land and properties issues has no credibility at all. You can’t, if you have an iota of fairness, differentiate among the men of the JVA! On what bases, yaa Generale? Perhaps clan? And for what strategy does it serve? Perhaps buying time?

The comparison between the old man and AQasim so far holds water. AQasim said the right words and lectured about the valid interest of our nation. But when the bush came to shove he upheld his clan’s interest over that of his country. He failed to challenge the ill gains of his kin. Likewise we have seen old man’s effort not to bring resolution to the Kismayo conflict but to legitimize the hold of Barre and buy Barre’s boys as well. What gives adeer! Tell me what does indha cadde did [edit]which Barre did not do? And if you are from a noble blood tell us why the old man left no rock unturned to court Barre’s support but failed to make a gesture of piece to the men who propelled him (Barre that is) to the power he holds? You know I am a reasonable man, and especially today I am in a cheery mood, so spare no effort to educate me about this issue!

I agree with the last point of your piece. The TFG is in an advantageous position and if it seizes this opportunity it could make up years wasted. Now its enemy defeated, and with a judicious man on the court's helm, and with a sympathetic populace, it could achieve [edit] a lot! But it takes something it so far lacked: daring! The old man needs to grow some balls and ,for heaven’s sake, stop hiding. He asked twenty thousand thousands and millions of dollars to defeat just few warlords. And look what it took to kick them out. Come out from the hiding, I say.

War bal dhumaca rida waa intaas ood dhimanba weydaaye! :D

Abdi2005   

Originally posted by General Duke:

Yusuf Siad Inda Cade, a self proclaimed Shiekh, who occupies the lower Shbbele thanks to his clans millitary hardware. Is close to Col Xasan Dahirm, Abdiqasin Salad Xasan and Daylaaf. This man who the UN monitoring group accuse of being a drug dealer, is damaging the image of the courts and their claim of being a real alternative to the norm, or the warlords.

The man has always been under smear campaign, what other alternatives does his enemies have? the people who wrote the UN report was asked to name one single place where he grows drugs so that every one can see for themselves and they weren't able to do that, before that he was accused of having slaves workings in farms and many other staff.

Gabbal   

Xiin-

What is your position on the TFG?

Sratch that. What is your position on the legitimacy of Abdulahi Yusuf, the warlord adeer not the old man, being the president of the TFG?

Hiiraale is a villan, the old man is an angel. How touching.

Feed me a reply to the question adeer, and be frank as possible.

^^ :D

Xiinanyahaan kugu jeclahay, but you always miss the point for at least a mile and hodhodho!

Look adeer; whatever adeer Abdulle was, he is the president now. A sizable majority of the warlords in the south elected him. Remember the proverbial presidential shoe :D ; it just naturally fit him. Not Xiin’s fault, would you not agree yaa HA?

Moving on...

Now whatever crimes he is accused of, consuming decomposing southern loot is not one of them. He neither owns roadblocks nor controls other’s land without their consent. He is not occupying anybody’s property saaxiib. In that sense he is not a warlord, no? I say he is not in that sense! I still think he is not the right man for the tasks at hand. Get that count adeer.

Now, look at your Barre, the man you hold so dear at your heart. Although he hails from a significant clan in the southern theatre and comes from a relatively fertile land, still he forwent all of that and joined in the contest of land grab! Like it or not, his is the wicked alliance in the south. Indha cadde holds Marka and subjugates unarmed locals while your beloved hero is used as a tool to keep others at bay! There is no donation in Somali politics and the hardened warriors you see in Kismayo are there for clear and unambiguous reasons: to use Kismayo as a proxy for the more important region of Shabbeelada Hoose! As I told you before compete if you wish but you needs to know that for your political ambitions to succeed you must have a corresponding numerical significance and economic support! If you lack both as the case may be join the onlookers, I say, and read Allah’s grace!

Now if you genuinely admire the culture of warlordism or conveniently think Somalia’s harsh realities necessitates it please tell us so. If you don’t know what warlord is please read bellow: -

In Xiin’s book warlord is some one who has the following qualities:

1- Proven record of possessing the ability and skills to control armed gangs and employ them for his personal gains.

2- Operates and mans roadblocks to rob the poor and unarmed.

3- Illegitimately holds public or private properties, rules captured cities and towns, and milks farms and coastlines, and engages organized charcoal trade.

Now that you are fairly educated about what warlord is, tell me where hero Barre falls. Incase you fail to find a spot for him, consider one more category, which fits not warlords but also warlord wanna-bes: belongs to an organized gangs who forcibly rule unarmed community and illegally hold their farmland. I am sure you now find a fitting spot for him. You can see now there is room to dwell if one wants to defend something that’s indefensible and wrong. Think about that adeer! And when you begin to formulate your argument please don’t pull Jamaame-belongs-to-us card, it’s not fashionable saaxiib.

Gabbal   

Xiin, yet again you indulge in a cyper beautification of words. Not only are you words pregnant (perhcance to take a note out of your book) but you are also under the subconcious inclination of lecturing a man from Zaylac or perhaps Jigjiga and not I on a matter you deem he has no knowledge about.

Adeer, yaad i mooday?. Intaa koowaad aan ku xiro adeer ogow ama xasuusabo inaan Ceelkaa Berdacad biyaha kula daansado, kaa Farjano ku yaalne inaan kula cabo.

Taa ka gudub.

Moving on...

Ha walbahaarin, we will in due time, inshallah. The reason I had asked that question, good Xiinow, is because I wanted to examine what strongly propels you, i.e your moral foundation. What I came to notice was your level of dislike of Barre Hiiraale. What came under my scrutiny, however, was the misplaced and misguided moral superiority you gave that of your clan, the "president" (oh how I hate to use this on you Xiin, sadly it has to be done), but that you denied that of mines, the "wasiir".

Ragu waa kuwaa dagaalamaan, gartana kala qaataan. Gartaynu ayaanu doontay.

What you have yet to explain is what made Barre Hiiraale a villan and Cabdullahi Yusuf "the old man"? Every just borne child knows of Cabdulahi's history. The actions and footprints he laid on Somali lands from Ballanable to Boosaaso are still fresh from the blood of innocents.

What doesn't give is the moral superiority you bestowed on Cabdulahi Yusuf that you denied Barre Adden Shire. Because Cabdulahi has a position in the government you deem him morally superior? Does not Barre hold a position? Because Cabdulahi is the president? Is not Barre a minister? Adeer, your "pregnant" position is simply not feasible and reek of [sub-conscious] hypocrisy.

Taa ka gudub.

Although he hails from a significant clan in the southern theatre and comes from a relatively fertile land, still he forwent all of that and joined in the contest of land grab!

Saan kuma moodin Xiinow, I am glad you reached this point though. Adeer, not only have you blatently lied through your teeth, but you also managed to sully your good hands with the stench of dirt and xaq-tir.

Land group you say!? Just the thought of that blatent hypcrisy boils my blood. Was it about land grap when Morgan and his militias, and even civilians, startedly openly harassing a section of Kismaayo's inhabitants? While rer Gedo were preoccupied with the defense of Gedo region against Ethiopian incursions and SNF-Al Itihad war, was it not your ilk that reached amazing levels of ingratitude by turning against those that freed the city from the clutches of the USC to begin with? Were not families callously and purposely uprooted from their homes to be thrown out of the city? How dare you, adeer, to even try to lie through your teeth when I sit before!

Ahmed Warsame nin barakaysan ayuu ahaa markuu istaagey oo u yidhi nasan meyno ilaa khalad aan saxino. Barre Hiiraale xaq bey ahayd magaalada inu la wareegay. Afgabdeedle kheyr qabuu ahaa markuu dagaalki ku dhintay. Raguna xaqu dadka iyo dalkoodu ayay u dagaalamahayeen waana taa alle u sababay inay khaladki dhacay saxeen.

Kismaayana waxaa talin lahaa Morgan ama Hiiraale. Kaa Hiiraale la jiro, Morgan buu kasoo horjeeday. Kaa Hiiraale kasoo horjeedayne, waxaan aaminsanahay Morgan inuu la jiro. Nin Morgan u doodayana warkiisuba meel ma taal.

Let's not mince words.

Taa ka gudub.

Warlord-

AS I have said here before, being a warlord is as inconsequential as being a human being. You and I are human being, yet who is to say anything else about us mirrors? A warlord is anyone that controls a domain in the absence of a central government. Every single area in Somalia is warlord-controlled. Muqdisho is, Puntland is, Gedo is , Somaliland is. All the "leaders" in those areas are advertantly warlords. What kind of warlords they are is the consequential question. How they differ in that respect matters.

Barre Hiiraale nin gaarikarayo Soomaali haatan kama dhex-muuqdo. That "old man" ha ahaado, Indhacade ha ahaado, "Suudi Yalaxow ha ahaado. What seperates Hiiraale from those man is dagaalku iyo nabaduba. What seperates Hiiraale from those men and all other Somali leaders is Barre's respect for life, liberty, and stand against injustice whether commited against his folks or by them as evidenced from the chastisement he is giving his ilk at the moment for certain unexcusable actions committed in El-Wak.

Hadalku kala leexad ma aysan lahan. Warku waa war cad, mab'da aadu shaqan meyso ku saabsan "Hiiraale dul ayuu boobay, waa warlord"

I think Abdulahi Yusuf, the "president", understands my position with his endorsement of Barre. Call it an eye-opening moment of sense of justice and fairness.

You think about that, awoowe!

Oh good HonfArfiik I thought you could have done better than that! I thought you would at least admit Barre's political limbo; keep his alliance to hold the city vs. join the old man’s men and deliberate in Baidoba. You did not. I though you would at least admit that good Barre is in league with the alliance that holds Juba Valley and shares their plan for the south. You did not. Not only that, but you also managed to shallowly write and sidestep all the points I raised. Not only that, but you cleverly introduced a new diction in SOLers political vocabulary: moral superiority. Plus the wailing you mustered in my native tongue! I give a failing grade for the substance and a passing mark for the delivery.

Now let me give another try.

Adeer, I am sure that you have no sore places, as it were, so fear not a jest. I am not seeking your overthrow, so don’t faint your courage yaa Horn. Be a good pal and help me understand your case! Are you asserting that Kismayo is in the right hands, and Jamame is legitimately held? Or you are shielding Barre for he defended your cause and avenged your wrongs! Are you denying Barre’s link to indha cadde saaxiib, or Are you saying it matters not? And you say Puntland and Somaliland are warlord controlled territory not because that they are riddled with roadblocks but by the sheer fact that Somalia lacks central government. I call that statement of yours a singularly empty joke at best or, at worst, a desperate act of painting president’s :D house with stinking manure! It’s not fun yaa HA. Why deny the progress of others saaxiib and taint them with JVA concepts? It is quite disappointing that you fail to understand the concept of warlordism. Wallaahi it’s disappointing!

Akhiiran, so you know, Xiin cares not about the old man, not the least because I disagree with him on many accounts but there are also better defenders in this part of the net who take pride in him, and they can and do speak on his behalf. That does not mean that I don’t support this government and want its success. I did that before with AQasim, and will probably do it for the next one to come, IA. Get that.

Final verdict

==============

Barre = presently one of the warlords that control Kismayo and part time :D minister in the Geed’s government!

Adeer Abdulle = former rebel with questionable tactics, former :D warlord in pre-Puntland regions, ex-head of Puntland State, and currently head of the TFG.

Fair? What say you yaa HA?

Gabbal   

Xiin, I know you could have done better! Interesting, however, is the stepping back on the Hiiraale bashing and more questioning of his alliance. What gives, Xiin? My little history lesson? :D My haunch? Either you were an inflated balloon to began with that I managed to deflate or you had a sudden understanding and awareness of just whom you are conversing with! Either way, the conclusion would have been the same.

Be a good pal and help me understand your case!

Mighty subversive of you awoowe. Let's cut the mincing will ya? You understood my position full well from the get and you will continue to understand it until you feign another case of sudden amnesia or temporarily loss of memory. When and if that happens, another koob of qaxwo is on me. :D

JVA-

How long have you been itching for my position of this grouping? I wont disappoint you so take a breather and let this sink in. I have always been opposed to the grouping. Had you been here longer, you would have known of my position but sadly you have tried numerously to pin that grouping on me expecting Horn to defend an entity he is very much opposed to. Ask your pal Duke.

Awoowe, I support Barre. I support what the man stands for, and what he represents. Isabahaysiga Dooxada Jubba, as we can all agree, vilifies the character, of what I truly believe, is a good man and hurts the legitimization of a good cause based on correcting a wrong.

Why does it exist? There is no shame in saying a top brass of Barre's men believe it is a good and sound strategic alliance and, while sharing no hand in the illegal occupation of the Lower Shabelle, gives them access to markets in Mogadishu not just for Kismaayo but for Gedo region. It also provides them necessary taxes on in-coming business towards the port from Mogadishu business enterprises during the duration of the instability and closure of Mogadishu ports. Do they give a little? Sure (who doesn't in this day and age) but the return, in my understanding, outweighs all.

It also closed off a portle for Morgan before he could have signed the deeds that led to the formation of a JVA entity.

JVA is a double-edged sword. On one side the men have a become a business force back in Mogadishu and on the other it hurts their political image. Have they thought about it? Have they found ways to seperate politics from business? I think they have as evidenced publicly from the speeches and positions of the top man himself (even in the Mog Abdullahi has yet to visit!), but that is another topic all together.

JVA waxay iga taagan tahay meeshu odaygu kaa tagan yahay. Let's agree to drop those for people who have the stomache to defend them. Agree?

My verdict

==========

Adeer Barre: Former no nonsense patriotic warrior turned sophisticated patriotic politican opposed to Ethiopian influence.

Abdulahi: Former no nonsense hell-raising lion turned suit-decked Ethiopian-stooge nonsensical house mouse.

That's fair, but then again who am I to say so? What say you, awoowe?

Horn

What is a "warlord" in the classic Somali sense?

Isn't he someone who starts life as the head of his clan's melitias... works his way up the ranks (thanks to the BBC for giving him 5 minutes of airtime), becomes a household name.... deligates the role head of melitias to an aspiring future warlrods and assumes the role of an overseer bargaining his newly found fame for more political successes.... or uses that as a stepping stone towards more successes at national level. And at times of hardship returns to his former role and leads melitias in clan wars and occationally takes to the airwaves... Col. Yey and Col. Cadde Muse spring to mind as classic text-book examples of what every warlord is dreaming about. Cadde Muse came all the way from Canada and spent time in the bushes being the head of his clans melitia before he was rewarded the position he currently enjoys.

Sxb, how does that apply to Somaliland and its president? you said it, don't mince words, explain sxb la iskama bacaacyidhaa sidii laxda e.

Gen. Duke

Since the Artha Conference in Djibouti there were two sides competing for power in Southern Somalia.

1. The Artha faction and its supporting warlords (Headed by Cabdiqasim Salaad Xassan)

2. The SRRC faction and its supporting warlords (Headed by Col. Yey)

It is obviously clear which of the competing factions was dealt with a serious blow. If Col. Yey did not participate himself, it was the political ideology that he subscribed to that was defeated. Unless Ethiopia breaths new life into the SRRC, it seems its days are gone.

Col. Yey is no doubt a desperate man today. He has been pressing all the buttons trying to reach out to the victors so they could hold talks with them, and hope that he might be welcomed in to Mogadishu under their mercy. But its Cabdiqasim, Col. Yey's archrival, who is the top dog today, its he *Cabdiqasim* who is playing his cards close

to his chest. There are a lot of options open for Cabdiqasim and his boys at the moment.

1. To slowly but surely cripple Col. Yey and destroy him overtime by first:

a.) making it a precondition to sack Cali Geedi from his PM role and install one of his close kins in the role.

b.) by forcing him to take a position that Ethiopia might not find confortable with.

c.) And eventually taking over the TFG behind the closets (Using Sherif-ka speaker of parliament and the Member parliamenterians)

d.) Finishing him

Or.

2. Cabdiqasim and his boys will put together a rival administration in Mogadishu

Either way, Col. Yey's days are numbered.

Gabbal   

Sxb, how does that apply to Somaliland and its president? you said it, don't mince words, explain sxb la iskama bacaacyidhaa sidii laxda e

Legitimately, Somalia is an intact state lacking a central government. In that respect, Dahir Riyale Kahin is a warlord and Somaliland is a warlord fiefdom.

Mind you, I did not say Riyale was a bad warlord or that Somaliland is a badly administered warlord fiefdom, nonetheless he is a warlord and Somaliland is a warlord fiefdom.

Taa ka gudub.

Your analysis on Somali politics is not half bad by any chance for a "Somalilander" icon_razz.gif , but you are quite clearly buying the hysterics of things and prone to steareotypes and faulty analyzion. Still not bad by any chance.

Hiiraale like him or not and I dont, has the support of his clan

Xiin, Duke is trying to tell you that Barre Hiiraale tol bu leyahay,rag buna ka dashaty,men who will die for him! Reerku ka dashtaneh... well I think this mah-mah will summon it up for you: "Qaan [insert qabilka reer Jubbaland iyo Cabudwaq]wa qaaxo ku maqan, adiga iyo qabilkaada waana so qoolmi doontaan." ;)

Ahmed Warsame nin barakaysan ayuu ahaa markuu istaagey oo u yidhi nasan meyno ilaa khalad aan saxino. Barre Hiiraale xaq bey ahayd magaalada inu la wareegay. Afgabdeedle kheyr qabuu ahaa markuu dagaalki ku dhintay. Raguna xaqu dadka iyo dalkoodu ayay u dagaalamahayeen waana taa alle u sababay inay khaladki dhacay saxeen.

What seperates Hiiraale from those men and all other Somali leaders is Barre's respect for life, liberty, and stand against injustice whether commited against his folks or by them as evidenced from the chastisement he is giving his ilk at the moment for certain unexcusable actions committed in El-Wak.

Beautiful!

Legitimately, Somalia is an intact state lacking a central government. In that respect, Dahir Riyale Kahin is a warlord and Somaliland is a warlord fiefdom.

Mind you, I did not say Riyale was a bad warlord or that Somaliland is a badly administered warlord fiefdom, nonetheless he is a warlord and Somaliland is a warlord fiefdom.

This is lame Horn-ow. You are trying to twist the fleshless definition of the word as found in the dictionary.

But we are talking about Somali "Warlords". What is a "Somali warlord" in your opinion??

As for my take on Somali politics, C'mon Horn, ma siyaasad ayaa lagu mesaali karaa siyaasadda Somalidda, even 100 year old aged blind habar will tell you all about it. Wax qiimo dhacay haduu aduunkan jiro, its the Somali politics. Markaa sxb, don't think you are better than anyone. The data is more or less the same and the sources more or less the same, the outcome depends on which clanish-sieve you sift it with. icon_razz.gif

Johnny B   

I see each and everyone is busy sending his ruthless Warlord a smokie to make him look human.

All of them are Warlords except Riyaale, don´t jump on me yet ,why is Riyale not a warlord? becouse he never owned Militia nor is he the President of Somaliland becouse he was selected by other warlords.