Sign in to follow this  
Alisomali

Somaliland! Am I Welcome

I noticed that many Somalilanders are resentfull of us. You know the plain old borning Somalis. It let me to wonder. If i came to Somaliland to live and start a business would i be welcome. Or would I be thrown out as the outcast "Somali" who is not good enough to be a Somalilander. I mean I respect the Somalis of the north for maintaning peace, but are plain old Somalis, who are productive citizen welcome in Somaliland.

PS: Whats in a Name?

Why is Somaliland called Somaliland? This is the name that the white colonialist enslavers gave to N. Somalia. Come to think of it, N. Somalia would be a better name, but thats just the idea of one of those people, you know the Somalis from the dirty South.

Ali, anybody who is being productive is welcome to Somaliland. I know business people from every corner of Somalia who are making money there. It is just a free land. As long as you don't duel too much into politics, you can get your share of wealthy in Hargeysa, Berbera and Borama or anywhere else. Just respect the rules set by the natives there. That is all.

Oh, make sure you don't have DAKANO too ... I mean, that you haven't killed somebody from a certain tribe before. Somalis are still Somalis and you will be a target if the evidence is there.

Bachelor   

Alisomali

your name says it all. Its your land after all and as long as u claim to be a Nomad. You should be free to leave and travel anywhere in the S/land. Did you hear romurs lately?

As long as you are a productive all somali needs you. so dont hesitate sxb.

Growing old is inevitable however grownig up is optional

------------------

Hibo   

Thats not comforting - How about if natural disaster strucks one night, and I'm broke and not "Productive" anymore - What happens then?

And why is it to access the Somaliland.Net site you've to be not only a registered User, but to also put forth your Identity - the form asks - age, name, address, work/home telephone Number, to top it all it takes 10 days to get approved?? - What is all the hussle? My Amex and Gold Visa cards took alot lesser and quicker then that and there was no Background/Criminal Check!!!

God Bless.

------------------

"He tried to be somebody by trying to be like everybody, which makes him a nobody."

hi.i wanna say that anybody welcome to somaliland as long he respect the country cuz tredings happen beetwen somaliland and somalia of barbara but is 2 country by 2 people so hey welcome whatever in somaliand hargiesa or burco or ceerigaaboor borama anywhere salam

To have business in many parts of Somalia you have to incorporate with business or individuals that are tribally connected to the area. It could be Bay, Kismayo, Bosaso or Hargaisa for that matter. This has its advantages as many of the companies in Somalia expanded in size and profit. Reality is, no one in Somalia is free to trade or invest freely!

Cheers!

SamiGyrl   

Hey well your welcome, however as the young man after you has said. Respect the Nation of Somaliland and its laws and its people, then your free to do whatever. Well actually if you want to live there you might have to be naturalized if you dont have any family, or blood ties to the country.

If you do, all you have to do is go to the immigration and naturalization bureau and get your butt naturalized. Plain and simple. I just got my passport last year.

Anyhoot, respect the aspirations, and the laws, and the people and you have no problems, however just going there like some TNG officials and acting like your a countrymen can get you into trouble if you dont have the right documentation.

Make sure the government knows your in the country and you'll be fine, be in the country illegally and then its up to the offficials to send you back, God forbid.

Anyways thats it. its the same with any other country. Respect for the laws, will get you far.

-SamiGyrl