Sign in to follow this  
kajdes

Range Resources back again

Pilgrim   

It seems the Puntland people are closer than ever before to realizing the potential of their oil reserves. Pres Hersi was willing to stake his reputation on it and yet the interest from this forum is poor at best. If exploration is successful, the benefits to Puntland will be enormous, so why is it, no one can manage to get an English translation of what took place at the recent meeting in Garowe. There seems to be endless energy on SOL to fight with one another but little time spent on issues of economic importance that can really help the Puntland people. Can someone please give our English speaking members an accurate translation of the recent meeting between Range and the Puntland Gov?

Sophist   

Pilgrim as interested party RR, if you need translation then dear boy you should be able to pay for it. You are in Australia and I am sure you can find a Somali speaker who will do a fine job by translating it for you!

Regards,

S.

Pilgrim   

Kajdes, the problem is that some people only ever have their hand out and never want to contribute. The Puntland leadership has expressed eagerness to attract foreign investment but unfortunately there are some who want to spit in the foreigners face while asking for help. Time for the Puntland people to grow up and start pulling their wait if they truly want to know success in this world.

I'm sure the Puntland leadership would acknowledge they have a lot to be grateful to the Australian people for. Not one drop of oil will ever come out of the ground unless foreign investors are prepared to put there hard earned money at considerable risk. This could be mutually beneficial if certain people stopped playing the victom all the time.

Sophist   

Sarcarsm not fitting for you chaps!

Foreign investment is fine but of bunch brokers running around to make a quick buck Give me a break come on this is not 1950s chaps. Somalia has large number of its sons and daughters who are in M&A, VC, PE and HF. We know what Range Resources is. It is nothing but a broking shop that is originating deals and then selling to the highest shady bidder at the expense of PL!.

The couple 100 bucks you guys have invested is mostly like down the frying pan. Don't worry that is the nature of "frontier markets".

Good luck.

S.

Pilgrim   

Are you suggesting your past and present leadership is tied up with a corrupt company that has no interest in mutual success. It wouldn't matter for me which company had the exploration rights, as I have the means to invest whereever I see fit. Don't make the mistake of showing your complete lack of understanding in these matters. Even if my motives are selfish, at least they will benefit the people of Puntland. What does your existance prove?

Pilgrim   

Stop being a begger, stand up and be an equal. You should be supporting the exploration efforts by encouraging overseas investors to take an interest in Puntland. Like I said earlier, you want help but spit in the face of those who can help you!

Sophist   

Our past leadership had been corrupt indeed. The current seems to be doing good things; time will tell. Insha Allah, that we have ratified the constitution, the people will elect their leaders soon.

S.