Sign in to follow this  
IL CAPO

BUSH IS A WARLORD.

IL CAPO   

Nairobi - For many Africans the United States presidential battle is a distant struggle of which they know nothing, but those who have taken the time to think about it generally have strong opinions and few back George W Bush.

From the souks of Rabat to the vineyards of Cape Province, from the dusty wastes of the Sahel to the shores of Lake Victoria, Africa's long-suffering citizens have problems of their own in poverty, disease and war.

When they look beyond their shores, most Africans see little chance of salvation coming from the United States, whichever wealthy white candidate wins next month's race for the White House. Nevertheless, many are watching.

"America is the world's greatest country. America participates in all things. The American elections are my country's business, not just America's business," said Jonah Buya, an 18-year-old actor from Uganda.

Favour Kerry

Africans largely favour Bush's Democratic challenger, John Kerry, who is seen as more likely to fund Aids research, is the choice of black Americans and, crucially, is seen as anti-war in a continent ravaged by conflict.

But the continent would not vote en bloc for the Massachusetts senator.

In the Muslim regions of the Arab north and of troubled west Africa, Bush's wars in Afghanistan and Iraq and his uncritical support of Israel have stirred anti-American sentiment and made the Texan a figure of hate.

On the other side of the continent in the Indian Ocean port of Kismayu, many still remember the hundreds of dead left behind by the US troops on former president Bill Clinton's ill-fated 1992 mission to snatch a local warlord in the capital of Mogadishu.

But Somalis don't like Clinton's Republican successor any better.

"Bush is an international warlord and we hope the United States' voters will not elect him if they truly, like other people, want peace," said Abdirahim Mohammed,a 23-year-old Self-employed in Kismayu city,Nevertheless, in East Africa especially, Bush's "war on terrorism" has won him respect.

Benjamin Majura, a 25-year-old Tanzanian law student, recalled that in 1998 even before the September 11 2001 attacks on New York and Washington, an al-Qaeda bomb blast left scores dead in his capital Dar es Salaam.

'Bush is needed'

"Strong people like Bush are needed, not the ones who compromise with terrorists. Let Bush come again and finish the job and smoke out Osama bin Laden from his cave," he said, echoing one of the US leader's own catchphrases.

In general, however, Africans feel it is time for a change.

"Over the years, the Democrats have proved to be more friendly to Africa," said Bonni Iwuoha, a veteran Lagos political commentator who has analysed US president duels for the past 20 years.

"Kerry will lead Americans on the path of dialogue rather than the path of war. What has George W. Bush gained by going into war with Iraq and supporting the Israelis against the Palestinians? Nothing. Absolutely nothing."

P.S Kaasina wuxuu ahaa weriyeheena IL CAPO oo nooga soo waramayay magaalada Garissa ee Waqooyi Bari.

Peace.

AYOUB   

HIS COUNTRY NEEDS YOU

Oct 19 2004

By Bob Roberts, Deputy Political Editor

OUTRAGED Army families accused the Government of betrayal yesterday after Geoff Hoon signalled that 650 British troops would cover for a US blitz in Iraq.

The families claimed ministers were sending the men in to “pull the Yanks out of the fire†– and the move was a ploy to bolster the chances of President Bush’s re-election next month. One parent said: “It stinks to high heaven.â€

MPs warned that the soldiers, who would be under US control, would be risking their lives in a battle zone.

000D051B-DEF3-1174-9C0280BFB6FA0000.jpgBAILING OUT BUSH: Army families' and MPs say the move is a ploy to bolster the chances of President's re-election

The Americans want the Brits to patrol south of Baghdad to free forces for an assault on the terror base of Fallujah.

Defence Secretary Mr Hoon told a shocked Commons the UK would be “failing in our duty as an ally†if it refused the US request. Nor did he deny that the troops would be mostly Black Watch, currently the reserve force in Basra, southern Iraq.

Some of the regiment, earmarked to be merged, believed they would be coming home before their six-month tour ends later this year.

British troops from Cyprus, probably the Queen’s Lancashire Regiment, may be sent to Iraq to plug the gap left by any switch.

Yesterday, furious James Buchanan – whose sons Gary, 27, and Craig, 25, are corporals in the Watch – demanded his boys should come home.

Widower Mr Buchanan, 56, of Arbroath, stormed: “They know they have to fight, but they hate being lied to.

“It’s a bloody disgrace how the Government has treated them. It’s us going to pull the Yanks out of the fire once again – they need our boys to sort out their mess.

“This is a political game to help George Bush win the election – and it stinks.

“They promised my sons troops could come home this month. That was a lie. Mr Hoon says they won’t go to Fallujah. That’s another lie. They’ll be in the firing line.â€

full article

Tahliil   

Do I really care, am I concerned which one of these two guys wins in Novemper? Do I need to support one over the other? Do I give a sh**t if they wanna cut taxes or raise taxes, or have plans not to leave children behind, or have other plans to fast forward kids into oblivion state of being. Come on who cares if they gonna make the flu shot available to everyone in the year of 2080? I've never, ever, had one...it is all pure BS.

What on earth are they saying when they talk about the likeability factor? who is a metrosexual? who uses botax? wears the better suit? who will upheld the bible? wage the crusade? defeat the cockroaches? terminate terror and make us secure? Think; is it important to me who is gonna hunt, capture, shoot, kill them first? Who will let these cursed senior citizens seek asylum in Canada or was it let them buy drugs in Canada? Will veterans of war get more money, better healthcare? Why would I care who the two speaks the better spanish or attends the black churches or throws an Iftar party for the muslims or pitches baseball better or married up?

Why would I be least bothered to choose between these two brat, sissy rich boys if they(I mean if Mr. John label-hater Kerry and Mr.George Jesus Is My King Bush) do not want to change course and b my friend, my amigo? Why do I have to worry about who prevails in the November elections if they have no desire to come all the way here to my little shacks across the country in the prairies, in the desert land, in the mountains, at the river side, by the beach and not gonna pledge that he will help us genuinely to find our family's place, spot, dignity and name in the world if he wins

I am not expectin that, no one is gonna come to my shack and help me find my family spot, chair, I have no dillusions at all coz am not the audience that he is playin for his flute, am not the audience of his holy cermon, not the one who is supposed to hear about what is being talked about inside those four walls across my bedroom. And as a matter of fact even if I'd have heard what's being said it won't make any sense to me. I am simply nobody to him when he speaks therefore i think it only does justice to both of us if I too become indifferent about his intentions, plans and compassion..whatever..lol

IL CAPO   

Brother Tahliil,

In other words you are not voting, right?

I am with you all the way on that because neither of them gives a rat's rear end about you and me and our Somali brothers and sisters as a whole so why should we lose sleep over which one of the two ends up winning the race come November.

at the end of the day they are both anti-Islam and very much pro Jewish (May The Curse Of Allah Fall Upon Them) so i stand tall and scream loud and proudly TO HELL WITH BUSH and KERRY.

i would have voted for the Green Peace Party!

Peace.

Wiilo   

Tahliil walaal I agree with you. Iam us citizen but i really don't care who wins come November. It makes no difference who wins, and iam not going to vote eather one them.

Go figure

AYOUB   

Originally posted by IL CAPO:

Are you a Pro Bush or Kerry?

I am neither.
smile.gif

Peace.

Saxiib I can't stand Kerry but I can't stand Bush even more. The man is too lunatic to lead a religious cult let alone a country. I never used to care about which ***** runs the US but, I dread to see this beady-eyed former junky with dry lips shouting ''we're changing the worl''. Baastaadh foqal bastadh!

In the bigger scheme of things, it's Big Oil that runs the US. They'll win regardless of a Kerry or Bush presidency. That said, Bush's evangelical view of world events is very very scary. If you read the internet pages or listen to the radio talk shows of the far far Christian right, they reveal how the extreme misinterpretation of archaic Christian writings provide a justification of what Bush is doing. It feeds right into Cheney's...I mean Big Oil's plans.

God save us all.

Salaam,

Our mujahideen brothers doing better than anyone expected in Iraq, and the fighting is starting to pick up a little more even in Afghanistan. The Americans have absolutely no idea where Osama is.

Bush is charging headlong over a cliff--his foolishness may lead, insha' Allah, to a string of American defeats.

Don't despair, I think this war a part of a larger event which may end up being one of the greatest victories for our ummah in a long time.

Tahliil   

I wonder if any one of us could imagine how many dead, innocent people do they (The Destroyer of Iraq and The Vietnamese annihalator) c each and every night in their nightmares whenever they lock their eyes for a nap? kids and women and feeble old grand parents in their sleep..How many?

Wiilo   

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh, that was very funny sis, i like the pictures..........Lol

:D:D:D:D

Go figure

IL CAPO   

I believe Bush is going to win again which means more death and destruction around the globe and more humiliation and suffocation for our Muslim brothers and sisters all around the world.

my fellow Somali brothers and Sisters just make sure you don't vote for that fool and be responsible for the unjust and cruel death of your fellow Muslim brothers and Sisters, make sure you do the right thing Brothers and Sisters.

Peace.

Wiilo   

well, Allaah only knows, but it seems to me that he is gonna win again, and there will be more problems..........but, even if Karry wins, he is ganna be like bush.........so, it is lose lose situation............ :D

Wabillaahi Towfiiq:

Charity begins at home brothers and sisters.our own home is on fire what do you care who wins the next US elections.Lets sort out our own home and then we can talk about the rest of the world.Let's prioritise our aims