Sign in to follow this  
Fiqikhayre

Puntanders: What do you expect from the Presidents return?

What do you expect from the Presidents return? What do you want to see happen?

As you know the President with a delegation that included the head of the Dervishes went to Addis Ababa last week and they're expected to return this coming week inshallaah.

They hold talks with the officials of the Democratic Federal Republic of Ethiopia and other important stake-holders of Somalia such as western agencies and representatives.

What is your view regard this and what outcome do you expect or hope for? Hopefully a successful trip and completion of the Presidents trip and accomplishment of what he went for would be the most obivious ones.

But what is your personal view?

Thankful   

I think the post is for Puntlanders? Haven't you broken away?

I don't think much will come out of the meeting, maybe some military aid and training. I think initially it was about security but brining troops to Puntland would cause too much problems.

AP,

That will be contrary to the majority of Planders who are for being part of Somalia in a federal system. The only conflict is over Ade's insistance for the right of Pland to exploit its natural resources. In addition, A/Y and his governmnet will not accept an independant state wether it Sland or Pland.

No matter where he travels at the end of the day Ade has to deliver and fast before the elections.