Sign in to follow this  
uchi

Mother Teresa of Somalia... conceivably

J.Lee   

Today, he is like any other little boy, except for the scar on his stomach. He is smiling, playing eating and loving life.

Mansha'allah.

Insha'allah when I grow up, I would like to be just like her. God. What a woman!

gift tax deductibility status.

Donate, donate, and donate.

uchi   

She is a nice lady in person, i met her few months back and I must say, she is a very outspoken character, and some of her contacts will somewhat shock you.

I remember a funny story she told us about the Saudi family and how she was comfortably yelling at them for not respecting her requests.

By the way she will be traviling back to Somalia this december.

Jacpher   

Though she's doing a good deed, I hope she has no religious affiliations or religious goals towards the children. I noticed some humanitarian aid workers have other desired goals in life.

I used to work with a guy planning to move to some Middle Eastern country and do missionary work. This particular individual told me that he was going to endanger his life for claiming to belong to humanitarian aid group while conducting his missionary business. He was what you call a religious fanatic, trying to convert everyone he meets and the discussion would also revolve around religion. Actually, I manager of mine kept asking me if I feel comfortable working with him. I didn't have a problem except that work waits while we discussion lasts for hours.

uchi   

Its a fair presumption indeed Ducaqabe, but in this case, Moira respects each individual child, given thier culture and religion, the kids also being Palestinian and Iraqi, she does her best to take them into the city each a week for islam and language classes.

I have upmost respect for this lady, truly an unsung hero.

Nur   

Its sad they had to shut down the Al Haramain Foundation and many other Muslim foudnations who did monumental charity work the past 13 years in Somalia with the terrorist pretext, just to let Christian missionarues replace them to come as kind and loving angels so our kids admire Christianity and despise islam, its sad that we are not volunteering ourselves to do thaat work, if we admire this woman, we should show it by volunteering to work with the kids ourselves, after all they are ours, should someone from Australia care for our own kids?

Nur

Baluug   

Originally posted by Nur:

Its sad they had to shut down the Al Haramain Foundation and many other Muslim foudnations who did monumental charity work the past 13 years in Somalia with the terrorist pretext, just to let Christian missionarues replace them to come as kind and loving angels so our kids admire Christianity and despise islam, its sad that we are not volunteering ourselves to do thaat work, if we admire this woman, we should show it by volunteering to work with the kids ourselves, after all they are ours, should someone from Australia care for our own kids?

Nur

Well obviously,someone has to take care of our kids,because we're doing a piss poor job of it ourselves.The only thing Somalis as a nation can agree on is to disagree.More than 15 years of war have definitely taken its toll.If Islamic organizations are being shut down and being replaced by masiixi groups,who can we blame?No one but ourselves because we've been too busy blowing up buildings and each other over some useless qabiil to even notice that Christians are moving in.

If Somalia could just pull their heads out of their collective a$$ and stop this nonsensical war,we wouldn't need these charity organizations in the first place insha Allah