Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Galkacyu: The city admin, police, security needs to be CHANGED

The killing of our Minister today is another episode in the political assasinations carried out in the city of Galkacyu. The lack of response on the part of the admin means its time for a rethink. The mayor, governor of Mudug, Police and security officers need to resign.

Also the old Nabadoon's of the region need to be sidelined. A firm arm is needed. No longer can the status quo be accepted.

Turn the city into a Military zone and cut of the snakes inside it.

Juje   

Phew...! I think Puntlanders are releived you are not in a decision making positin.

Duke at this time, and in this particular situations calm is needed and not radical reactions.

War deg deg ah: Shirkii deg deg ahaa ee Golaha Wasiirada Puntland oo war ka soo baxay.

5. august 2009

Garowe(AllPuntland)- Shir deg deg ah oo ay yeesheen Xubnaha golaha Wasiirada ee dowladda Puntland ayaa lugu cambaareeyey talaabadii maanta lugu dilay Wasiirkii Warfaafinta ee dowladda Puntland Warsame Cabdi Shirwac, ayagoo ku sheegay talaabo Ugub ku ah deegaanada Puntland.

Golaha Wasiirada ayaa Tacsi udiray dhamaanba Shacabka Puntland oo ay uga tacsi-siyeeyeen falkii maanta wasiirka lugu dilay, waxa ayna sheegeen in dilkan loo geystay Wasiirkan uu ahaa mid Siyaasad mug weyn ka dambeyso loona Adeegsaday dad kala duwan.

Baaqa ka soo baxay dowladda Puntland ayaa lasheegay in lugu guda jiro baaritaan baahsan oo ku aadan cidii ka dambeysay, isla markaasna ay wadaan dadaalo ay ku ogaanayaan cidii ka dambeysay oo aysan Saxaafada ka sheegi doonin.

" Gaalkacyo waxa ay kutaalaa Xadka waxa ayna xuduud lawadaagtaa Ismaamulka Soomaalida ee Itoobiya iyo Koonfurta dalka Soomaaliya, markaas waxaa horay udhacay dilal badan oo bareer ah oo ay ku jiraan Odayaal dhaqmeedyo, Ganacsato iyo Siyaasiin oo dhamaantood dilkoodu ka dambeeyey Siyaasad" Ayaa lugu yiri Bayaan ka soo baxay dowladda Puntland.

Dowladda Puntland bayaankeeda ayaa ka dambeeyey markii maanta gudaha Magaalada Gaalkacyo si bareer ah loogu toogtay Wasiirkii Warfaafinta, Hidaha, Dhaqanka iyo Isgaarsiinta Warsame Cabdi Shirwac oo lugu toogtay gudaha magaalada Gaalkacyo, ilaa hadana dowladda Puntland ma aysan shaacin cidii ka dambeysay dilkaasi.

F. C. Maxamed

AllPuntland

Juje: My anger is extreme, but my suggestion is the only logical step. The city has been neglected over the past 4 years. Now its time for a rethink and radical steps need to be taken. The likes of Seefta-bananka may Allah give him peace, can not be killed and the criminals just walk into thin air.

This weak admin, and the hapless elders need to go. This is not something new reer Mudug have been holding discussions for a while in the Diaspora and I have been privy to some important ones. The issues are really simple, there is a culture of impunity and an environment that criminals love to hide in.

Its political, nothing to do with clans, and it has a simple solution.

Thankful   

In Puntland the people are going to blame the Puntland admin and not the local one. President Faroole has spent more time and has done more speeeches in cities like Washington, London and Dubai, then he has in Gaalkayo. No one knows why he rarely leaves Garowe and they don't by the excuse "because it is the capital." People are upset that he flew straight into Garowe after his trip and think that he purposely did it the day before celebrations so he can use it as an excuse. Sending delegation isn't going to work, the President Faroole needs to go to the cities that are in need of help. Whether it be the skirmishes in Bari or this tragic incident. The local city admin can't function without the Presidents direct involvement.

People in Puntland think the President is scared to leave Garowe. He needs to show them he's not.

I agree with you on this instance the President, his ministers of Interior and security must work out a coherent multifaceted strategy for the city of Galkacyu & the Mudug region. The neglect of the city in his tenure is telling and even his lack of ideas when he met the Mudug community was appalling.

He has to do more the second largest city of the state is an important economic and security issue.

Thankful   

I can't believe a Puntland Minister was killed like this. This is probably the biggest single incident in Puntlands history. If they go after government official, they'll go after anyone. I'd expect this from elements outside the State but not like this. Gaalkayo has been neglected a lot over the last few months that's why the delegation was sent there, President Faroole is in big trouble if he thinks the state can exist without Gaalkayo. Garowe is the Presidents Strong hold, where is biggest support is. He needs to go to other places and win support. This might sound drastic but the capital should be moved to Gaalkayo. It'll show the people that he cares and will pump money into it's economy. President Faroole is reer Garowe he has their backing. He better take someone attacking one of his minister very very serious.

^^^Trsut me if he does not do anything about Galkacyu he wont be re elected thats a fact there are many clan groupings who have power in Mudug/Nugaal from Galkacyu and they are watching what steps he takes.

I agree with the suggestions of GD in essencne but I'm of the belief that calm should prevail over and that things should be done in a orderly way and not out of sentiment.

I'm devastated and even in a mournful state but I believe in Allaahs commadment and accept the calamity with full faith.

Quick actions won't help anyone as one will regret it later and often the innocent are struck as people will look for an escape-goat.

We need a quick investigation into this and a rapid bring to justice of the perpetrators.

President Faroole has to come to Gaalkacyo immidiately and set up office there for once and all pacify the city of Galkacyo. Sack all those useless Mudug admin officials especially the one in Galkacyo and bring military and strong police force into the city. The elders have to be shown the long arm of the state's security apparatus.

^^^Agreed the blame is on this useless admin, and the more useless "Nabadoon's" who are way too many and bring no Nabad.

Its time for action, lets not forget what happened like all the other times. The city has to be hit with a hammer, grab all these criminals.

Seriously, the blame is upon the locals, and the city admins in all levels. The reserve area has been the problem for quite sometime in this city... Since there is no law&order in that area...so criminals either escape to the South or the reserve area...hence We need security check points in the border of Ethiopia, and strong military presence in Southern Galkacyo ( most of the Al-Shabab hit mans enter and depart from there . Aside, the city needs to be tamed, and house to house checks is not enough..

A new local admin should be set up and preferably some one young, educated should be selected as the new mayor of the city. The revenues of the city which are huge [relative to Somalia] should be used to pay salaries and create jobs for the security forces. The sub-clan structures must be dismantled.

LooooooooL@capital moved to Galkacayo..That's reactionary..This might be a simple revenge killing that has roots beyond Somalia's boundaries as Gheelle.T has alluded to.