Sign in to follow this  
Gabbal

Supermodel Waris Dirie's Uphill Task

Tuujiye   

Yes!! FGM is back I see and the usual people are on the ship and I know 4sho my spot is emty aint' it..lol...

Yo I agree with the sisters on this.

To me personaly I wouldn't care who is fighting against FGM aslong as their is some one out their trying to do something about it.

Who cares if she is getting attention from the media! who cares! what you guys should be askin is 'is waris trying to do something good?', 'is their something good in what the sister is doing?, we should ask our selves questions like these...

what if their was someone other than waris trying to this, what would you guys say if the person was white woman from america or alse were, what would you guys say if it was a jewish woman trying to do this? what would you guys say?

4real it wouldn't matter maxaa yeelay allah told us to take what is good from everything society brings to you. If the kufaar is offering something good to you take it aslong as it doesn't come between you and the way of our religion.

my point is, don't look at waris personal life, look at the work she is doing. Is their anything wrong with educating people about FGM?...

you guys are mixing two things together so please becareful..

I know waris's personal life and ilaahey hasoo hanuunsho because I don't like it but for this case she is doing something right.

But iinsha allah she won't be like that Niama woman in denmarc...gasha xunta!

wareer badanaa!!!

^^^^Right on the money!!

NO one is asking you to like her or accept her way of life........but to recognize that what she is bringing to attention is very important and worth discussing.

Qac Qaac   

waa wareey, horta marka ugu horeeso waxaan arkay feebaro aka tuujiye oo waris iyo gabar koloraati difaacayo, kadibna waxaan arkay lazygirl oo lol ku dhaheeso feebaro. what's going on.

Tuujiye   

Kaalay Aniga iyo adi goormaa saaxiibnay..wiji kaaki waaxid..lol kidding..lol..

lazie tanags nooh...mar marka qaarkood in aan serious noqde ee dadkaan igu kalifayaan nooh..lol..Laakiin cheers marka aan sa meyneeno, sidii filimaadka romantiga camal labada gacan ma isku laab laban karnaa?...just a sugest..lol..

wareer badanaa!!

femme fatale tnx sis...

p.s. why did you choose this user name? and please don't ask mind..

Well I was Damsel before..then I got sour because I found out that my prince double crossed me (and he wasnt even that charming after all :rolleyes: ).

Damsel having suffient experience with princes, seeks frog :D

^^^jokes icon_razz.gif

^^^I dont kiss.

:eek: :eek: OH!!!! Maybe thats why he ran off to that ugly piece of rotten meat with fanaxda weyn iyo jeegada dheer :mad: . Men demand too much...I mean I was willing for the jerk to rescue me and he expects a kiss? :rolleyes: What else does he expect? Marriage? I mean what is the world coming to. Iyamahaan waaba yaabey.

Tuujiye   

Tamina ducada waa la qeebiyaa ma maqlin sis...Seecamal god belles tuujiye iyo inta kale oo meeshaan ku jirto dheh nooh xasad yahee...

Femme fatale..kaalay shooko xariir ayaaba nagu kor camiratayee...

OK lets continue on the MURAN...lol..

FGM...

I have a question. How can we help our people. I mean us in the forieng countries. Can we come up with some kind of program to help educate people back home?....I'm sure we can because most of us are university people and only 30% of the worlds pobulation reachs that level and alhamdulilaah we are part of that 30%....So please can someone come up with a program and let me know...I would love to help....

wareer badanaa!!!

^^^ We may argue that FGM is wrong and should be stopped until were blue in the face...laakin honeslty I cant see it ever stopping. People are so attached to tradition and will continue it for along time whether its destructive or not.

*** The Pessimist Has Spoken ***

I remember when this subject was a taboo. When it was first posted on this site, the nomads, then, were outraged. Waris was subjected to attacks. Most Nomads dismissed the legitimacy of even discussing the subject (calling it a complete betrayal), ridiculed Waris for bringing up the subject (FGM), and called her a self-serving rich model. In fact some of nomads questioned her sincerity, her somaalinimo, marriage, Islam and even made fun of the way she wore her GARBISAAR - totally missing the big picture.

Somehow Waris’s awareness is working, at least in this website of ours (Somalia on line). I see a complete turnaround. I see changes taking place in nomads’ minds and over all attitudes towards female genital mutilation.

So please spread the awareness!

In fact some of nomads questioned her sincerity, her somaalinimo, marriage, Islam and even made fun of the way she wore her GARBISAAR - totally missing the big picture.

People still do that here...to other nomads smile.gif

Pucca   

we are the future, so if yall want to end FGM then make sure you dont put your kids through it...your aunts back home aint gonna listen to u tellin them the wrong of some tradition that they've followed for god knows how many years, instead of tryin to educate those back home, educate the ones here, and hopefully that will save future generation girls.

ta ta