Sign in to follow this  
lol

Future Gender Roles

lol   

It is ironic how we praise our individuality and distinctiveness of our existence, when in fact laws set by the societies that we live in dictate us. If we examine closely we see that every single urge we get is defined and controlled by a certain rule. And those of us that dare to oppose such laws are left in solitude. Are we really that different or are we just fabricating an unconventional believe in being unique? It is rather peculiar to even accept the mere being of a person with a different outlook in life. For instance, if a woman gathers the guts to ask a man out, she is labeled, as being “desperate” when in reality it’s actually empowerment. God has indeed outlined our roles in our physical makeup but society altered it to a certain point to the satisfaction of the survivor of the fittest. And this kind of makes us wonder how Adam and Eve took up their initial roles? Was Eve always there to satisfy her man’s wishes or was Adam doing the cooking and cleaning? Some of the preachers’ claim that it has always been a woman’s job to serve her man, but there isn’t any tangible evidence to support their claim. So this leaves us with one question, will the generations following us be similar to us or will the roles be switched? Although many of the changes that occurred in the last decade or so lean towards the later of the two but what the future holds in store is unknown.

So my friends, before you start to press the keys on your keyboard just take a moment and reflect on all the dramas that have been played around you. And then give us your point of view as to how the future will be in terms of gender roles.

And PLZ.... NO GENDER WAR... just intellectual debate

lol   

Geel: cs wr... brotha u wanna tell me that u never thought about it?? come on dee

Tuujiye   

Maamo Hibo kaalay lafoole maa macalin ka ahaan jirtay bisinkoo..su'aal culus aa soo tuur tee.lol.

Walaal waan kugu racsanahay fikradaadaan anigana waan is weydiiyey.

Waxaan bartaa political science abaayo and su'aashaan oo kale kun jeer aan arkay ayadoo kala nooc ah.

Lakiin waxaa loo fiirin karaa diin ahaan iyo daqan ahaan. Horta binu aadanka dabeecad waxay u leeyihiin in ee iska hadlaan oona wax aan cilmi aheen ka dhigaan cilmi. Aduunka wuu isbadalaa saacad kaste meesha aad uga nooshahayna wee ka midtahay wax yaalaha ku badala.

Diinteyna hadii loo raaco sida toosan, wax kaste wee toosi lahaayeen. Nabigeena scw aad iyo aad buu xaasaskiisa ugu caawin jiray shaqada guriga iyo tan dibadaba, wiligiina wuxuu ahaa very romantic sida ee sheegeen xaasas kiisa. Laakiin niman baa jira badalay wax kaste uu u dhignaa rasuulka iyo sunadiisa. dadkana markee ka dhigaan wax aanan ceeb aheen ceeb, waxey ka imaaday xinka iyo isla weynanka waxaana waxaas ku dheereeya somalideena.

marka miyaan isbadalidoona in the feture? alaahu aclam laakiin walaal run ahaantii dadka ku nool dhulka gaalada specialy kuwa aan diinta sifiican u aqoonin waxey dhalaan ilaaheey ha u naxariisto.

Here in canada waxaad arkeysaa wax yaalo cajiib ah aad iyo aadna kuu finjiciya. Laakiin wax kama qaban kartid oo waad in aad ka socotaa. The diforce rate kor buu u kacay too many single mothers oo lacag been ah qaata, Gabdho la mehersanaayo ayagoo uur leh cajaa ib, taas waaba tan hada aad iyo aad caadi noqotay...sidii gaalad intii weccel la iska dhalo ayaa la is guursadaan xagaan Canada la yiraahdo well i could speek of Ottawa because anaa jooga. waxaasna waa dad muslim isku sheega ilaahey hasoo hanuun shee..Marka walaal dhulka gaalada waa uu kasii darayaa maxaa yeelay waxkaste baa caadi noqday..labo nin isguur sanaayo hadii aad aragtid on TV ma gabar ***** dhashay baa la yaabee..hee haatee katahay..marka aniga waxaan dhahayaa dadka ku nool dhulka gaalada ah hadii eesan heysan diinta ha qabsadaan si fiican hadii kale waa in laga samraa ayaga iyo waxa ee dhaleenba..laakiin waa in aan u duceynaa maxaa yeelay rasuulka scw waatuu u duceyey kuwii dhagaxda ku dhiftay markuu ugu tagay magaaladooda kabacdina ee noqdeen dadka ugu fiican aduunka ilaa iyo hada....

Hibo i hope i answered your question sweety...I like waxaan oo kale ee u dulqaado qoraalka badan .... IIna soo ducee muraad caata ah aan lee yahee..lol

Qac Qaac   

anigu waxaan umaleen in uu walaalkeen Garab tuujiye.. uu taabtay pointiyada aan raban in aan sameeyo..

Hibo, walaashiis, Gender roles.. very simple to answer to you. fellow the islamic guidelines, u don't, u don't find happiness... Divorce is high on the somali comunities in the west way more than the somalies in back home.. and all the muslims in the west their devorces are higher too. why because u learn here no family aspect... u diss your mom, and still be rich. u lie, u steal. u cheat.. they teach all the bad things.. anyways i don't want to go into it..

the future for us, sis wallahi i wanna say is good. but i can't.. look we only live here 10yrs.. and look how much destructions we went through. u could say to me, u r pessimistic person allways, the glass is half empty.. but also u have to be REALIST.. the trueth is.. we are taking big shots here.. and if we don't change our ideas.. we would take more hits..

solution.. ISLAM.. practicing it... that's all..

It is ironic how we praise our individuality and distinctiveness of our existence, when in fact laws set by the societies that we live in dictate us. If we examine closely we see that every single urge we get is defined and controlled by a certain rule.

The very concept of freedom is a myth even in the most "liberated" societies. Your actions, thoughts and appearance are ALWAYS dictated by some law. So it's a matter of deciding which law you want to submit to. Alhamdulilah, we're Muslims and our "freedom" is in our obedience to Allah. Therefore any form of individuality we wish to display must be with in the context of these laws (Islam).

God has indeed outlined our roles in our physical makeup but society altered it to a certain point to the satisfaction of the survivor of the fittest.

The question then is, will we either taken on the role defined by society or by God?

if a woman gathers the guts to ask a man out, she is labeled, as being “desperate” when in reality it’s actually empowerment

We have the most prefect example in the most perfect life of our beloved Prophet(saw) where his wife, 20ys his senior proposed marriage to him. Imagine that happening today!

x_quizit   

"So this leaves us with one question, will the generations following us be similar to us or will the roles be switched?"

I think the generations after us, with our guidance, will be more of an egalitarian society, and will be better at coping with the challenges of the 21st century better, when it comes to the home, education, deen, etc. One can only hope! All boils down to how what the parents teach their kids and what values they instill in them, and that can only benefit the society as a whole.

p.s.- indegenious societies b4 the advent of the colonialists, were largely seen as egalitarian, where there were clear sexual division of labor, and to some extent, what we may now call a role reversal, where often the woman was the hunter as well as the gatherer. Whether the woman or man hunted, at the end of the day, the fruit gathered and the meat that was hunted was shared with the whole community, leading to a harmonious and strong society.

Peace

lol   

MAN... what is wrong with you folks? I asked a question... will the generations following us be similar to us or will the roles be switched? ... plzz answer dat.. no lectures on other issues...

only X-quisite focused on it... and she is dreaming of Uthopia

Consicious: If our perfect Prophet made it acceptable for a woman to take on the lead, why has the society changed that? And if we are as good muslims as u claim then what happened to that practice of the Prophet or the Muslim men take just those practices that superioritize them :eek:

x_quizit   

Hibo, I disagree, i don't think it's out of reach as you think, if all ppl were pessimistic or doubtful, how then can change come about if everyone cries "Utopia"? Like i said, one can only hope, may or may not come true, but as long as u do ur part in tryin' to establish a better society for those after us, then the rest is up to God. Many ppl always thought new ideas were too good to be true, but society as a whole has come a long way and as long as ppl are open minded, change won't be as hard or painful as it may have been in the past.

As to ur q to CM

"If our perfect Prophet made it acceptable for a woman to take on the lead, why has the society changed that? And if we are as good muslims as u claim then what happened to that practice of the Prophet or the Muslim men take just those practices that superioritize them."

Thats' because to some extent, somali society has strayed from the path of Islam when it does not coincide with their previous traditions and culture, regardless of what their religion now Islam says. For ex., i've seen it first hand when a woman is married to a younger man, certain ppl shaking their head and not approving b/c as the saying goes, a woman needs a strong man and if he's younger then she may very well lead him. The horror! :eek:

Peace

Som@li   

will the generations following us be similar to us or will the roles be switched??

To answer this Q, it depends where part of the world,and the environmnet u live!!Only if u follow the rightious path,u will succees, adn live in harmony else there will always be some kind of conflict,and everthing will be unstable.

As u may be aware the roles played by the man and women are already changing in some part of the world. and the consequences are good or bad.

but again i believe there are certain roles which are preferable for men or women.

wasalaam

Qac Qaac   

Hibo to answer your question. the prophets way is the perfect way...

but men, most of them anyways fellow the culture of their grandfathers.. that is why, women go through hell in the name of islam... but rather it is so called islam mixed with culture.. akhas that is what killed us... cultrue mixing with islam..