Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

The Tragedy Of the “Uncommons”: DECONSTRUCTING XINNFANIN’S INSIDIOUS ‘PACIFISM’

Malika   

A&T,laaf maraan baad shirkaa latimiid inadeer,one can almost accuse you of being a dreamer rather then a realist.Back to the drawing boards my dear.. smile.gif tangiable solution keen,sheeko hariir hanoo keniin hedee,our priority is to get Somalia off its knees,and throught dialogue,unity among Somalidu,we will get rid of the Ethiopian influence,that has spread like cancer amidst our nation.

I am so with xiin's school of thought, enough of Somali blood spillage,after 18yrs we can not afford another 18yrs of fighting,I hope the resistance isnt about pride nor ego of few men but a true desire to bring peace to Somalia..

xiin,do you think perhaps its time for Somalis to go back to the traditional political structures to resolve our differences,because dispite all,the Somali mentality is still attached to our forefathers way of thinking..even those educated.[A&T's words,the intellectuals..heh]

Malika   

A&T,laaf maraan baad shirkaa latimiid inadeer,one can almost accuse you of being a dreamer rather then a realist.Back to the drawing boards my dear.. smile.gif tangiable solution keen,sheeko hariir hanoo keniin hedee,our priority is to get Somalia off its knees,and throught dialogue,unity among Somalidu,we will get rid of the Ethiopian influence,that has spread like cancer amidst our nation.

I am so with xiin's school of thought, enough of Somali blood spillage,after 18yrs we can not afford another 18yrs of fighting,I hope the resistance isnt about pride nor ego of few men but a true desire to bring peace to Somalia..

xiin,do you think perhaps its time for Somalis to go back to the traditional political structures to resolve our differences,because dispite all,the Somali mentality is still attached to our forefathers way of thinking..even those educated.[A&T's words,the intellectuals..heh]

Abtigiis   

Is WAR not tangible? Yaa Malika. Dialogue between who and who? I think you are putting the cart before the horse, to use that tired cliche. Dialogue will come after occpation forces are dealt with.

Now that it is clear a section of us [alshabab, and the ARS] are determined to continue the fight, is supporting them not part of the process to develop consensus? Haday iyagu goosteen inay dagaalka wadaan, without them na aan rajo laga qabin nabadgalyo dhacda, why not support them so that the time for suffering is shortened.

Malika et al's lamentations of me as a dreamer comes from an understaniding that the challenges ahead, mainly that of Ethiopia, are so insurmountable with blood and iron that anything else would be preferable. It is an understanding that drives from media, and not the actual power balance on the ground. Ethiopia warkeeda waa laguu hayaa! If there is no division in experise as to who can authoritatively speak about where, and who should listen [based on their background and proximity to the issues at hand], then there is no room to learn from one another and to guide each other to the right course.

Xinn

The answer to your question about whether sustaining and increasing the Muqaawama that is going on in Somalia is the way to kick Ethiopia out of somalia is simple and short. YES! Definitely YES! If you have no idea of the recommendations of Ethiopian Generals week in week out in Addis, and the frustration of the top leadership, then go and research. Start from African confidential and the ICG.

War nimanku waa carar ku dhawaade, qoriga ila qaad inkaar qabe!

Abtigiis   

Is WAR not tangible? Yaa Malika. Dialogue between who and who? I think you are putting the cart before the horse, to use that tired cliche. Dialogue will come after occpation forces are dealt with.

Now that it is clear a section of us [alshabab, and the ARS] are determined to continue the fight, is supporting them not part of the process to develop consensus? Haday iyagu goosteen inay dagaalka wadaan, without them na aan rajo laga qabin nabadgalyo dhacda, why not support them so that the time for suffering is shortened.

Malika et al's lamentations of me as a dreamer comes from an understaniding that the challenges ahead, mainly that of Ethiopia, are so insurmountable with blood and iron that anything else would be preferable. It is an understanding that drives from media, and not the actual power balance on the ground. Ethiopia warkeeda waa laguu hayaa! If there is no division in experise as to who can authoritatively speak about where, and who should listen [based on their background and proximity to the issues at hand], then there is no room to learn from one another and to guide each other to the right course.

Xinn

The answer to your question about whether sustaining and increasing the Muqaawama that is going on in Somalia is the way to kick Ethiopia out of somalia is simple and short. YES! Definitely YES! If you have no idea of the recommendations of Ethiopian Generals week in week out in Addis, and the frustration of the top leadership, then go and research. Start from African confidential and the ICG.

War nimanku waa carar ku dhawaade, qoriga ila qaad inkaar qabe!

Increase the muqaawamah, you say! Widen the coverage of the conflict! Adeer let me tell you two things.

1-That is not a new idea. It has been what the resistance has been doing for the last year or so.

2-This approach has produced little success.

Surely it has shown Ethiopia and her alliances that Somalis even when they are down and weak can still put a fierce fight to defend and resist what is rightfully theirs. But what we are not telling to ourselves is that Ethiopia is not necessarily interested in holding Somali lands in the former Somali republic. What Ethiopia wanted was to deepen the Somali conflict to the degree where dialogue and peaceful settlement is near impossibility. She wanted a scenario where those whose political muscle and military strength depends on her continue needing her for the years to come. Her strategies have always been that if Somalis can be divided both on clannish and ideological lines, she would stand to prevail. And here my good friend is where your bankruptcy clearly shows on. Today as a Somali you are staring at millions of your kind hoarded into shacks, internally displaced in their own country and dying by the hundreds. You are staring at the destruction of your major cities. All your muqaawamah could muster was to kill perhaps thousands of qotti boys in your own urban centers and YOU think that is a sign of military success! You want this limping struggle to continue without even acknowledging that it’s Somalis by large numbers that are enabling Ethiopia’s occupation in the south. You are shirking to address that root cause adeer. You don’t want to ask whys, or do you? You don’t want to stare right back at the painful facts that makes our current conditions so ripe and right for Ethiopia’s triumph, or do you? If truth were to be boldly told, Ethiopia has been occupying Somalis since last decade.Don’t bury your head few inches deep in to the proverbial sand!

Only a fool can ignore the reasons why a poor and famine prone country like Ethiopia succeeded to reach that triumph point were her soldiers are singing her national anthem and hoisting her flag on the beaches of her arch enemy’s seat! It’s clear to me. It’s the divisions that existed and still exist between Somalis. It’s a failure of leadership. When you are divided and lack proper leadership who can grasp the enormity of our situation, the masses are bound for confusion. And that’s where the rabble-rousers like A & T are emboldened and their tororogs get receptive ears. Supporting the continuation of a war in which a very small percentage of the population fights it in a region where America with all her logistical reach decidedly showed interest and determination to exploit the weaknesses that exist in both Somali level and regional level as well, is (without mincing words) the peak of intellectual dishonesty. I never thought of you that you were a dwarf adeer in terms of seeing the big picture of things but here you’ve certainly spoken like one!

But let me at least agree with you on the extensional nature of Ethiopia’s threat to the Somali state. I certainly would also agree with you had you suggested this war be taken deep inside Ethiopia. But where you disappointed me is the notion of widening the coverage of this conflict inside Somalia and increasing the muqawamah against Ethiopia in the current Somali theater. If your ideas are taken and implemented the outcome will be both tragic and predictable. Just like Beledwyne, your people will vacate the major cities and run with their lives. And you know where they will head to survive. Just like the Bakaaraha, ill-equipped youths however brave and determined will hardly make a fatal dent to the shield that’s America and her hired boys whoever they may be!

The alternative is very clear. Get your acts together thru compromise and seek help from those sympathetic to your cause. Revive the Somali state before you threaten to any state. Strategize and go from there!

Somalia maanta wax san iyo wax xun lakala dooran mayyo. Waxaa lakala dooranayyaa wa laba daran midkood. The wise ones see it that way, but the mutacaaqils of this world operate in different reality, their own reality!

Increase the muqaawamah, you say! Widen the coverage of the conflict! Adeer let me tell you two things.

1-That is not a new idea. It has been what the resistance has been doing for the last year or so.

2-This approach has produced little success.

Surely it has shown Ethiopia and her alliances that Somalis even when they are down and weak can still put a fierce fight to defend and resist what is rightfully theirs. But what we are not telling to ourselves is that Ethiopia is not necessarily interested in holding Somali lands in the former Somali republic. What Ethiopia wanted was to deepen the Somali conflict to the degree where dialogue and peaceful settlement is near impossibility. She wanted a scenario where those whose political muscle and military strength depends on her continue needing her for the years to come. Her strategies have always been that if Somalis can be divided both on clannish and ideological lines, she would stand to prevail. And here my good friend is where your bankruptcy clearly shows on. Today as a Somali you are staring at millions of your kind hoarded into shacks, internally displaced in their own country and dying by the hundreds. You are staring at the destruction of your major cities. All your muqaawamah could muster was to kill perhaps thousands of qotti boys in your own urban centers and YOU think that is a sign of military success! You want this limping struggle to continue without even acknowledging that it’s Somalis by large numbers that are enabling Ethiopia’s occupation in the south. You are shirking to address that root cause adeer. You don’t want to ask whys, or do you? You don’t want to stare right back at the painful facts that makes our current conditions so ripe and right for Ethiopia’s triumph, or do you? If truth were to be boldly told, Ethiopia has been occupying Somalis since last decade.Don’t bury your head few inches deep in to the proverbial sand!

Only a fool can ignore the reasons why a poor and famine prone country like Ethiopia succeeded to reach that triumph point were her soldiers are singing her national anthem and hoisting her flag on the beaches of her arch enemy’s seat! It’s clear to me. It’s the divisions that existed and still exist between Somalis. It’s a failure of leadership. When you are divided and lack proper leadership who can grasp the enormity of our situation, the masses are bound for confusion. And that’s where the rabble-rousers like A & T are emboldened and their tororogs get receptive ears. Supporting the continuation of a war in which a very small percentage of the population fights it in a region where America with all her logistical reach decidedly showed interest and determination to exploit the weaknesses that exist in both Somali level and regional level as well, is (without mincing words) the peak of intellectual dishonesty. I never thought of you that you were a dwarf adeer in terms of seeing the big picture of things but here you’ve certainly spoken like one!

But let me at least agree with you on the extensional nature of Ethiopia’s threat to the Somali state. I certainly would also agree with you had you suggested this war be taken deep inside Ethiopia. But where you disappointed me is the notion of widening the coverage of this conflict inside Somalia and increasing the muqawamah against Ethiopia in the current Somali theater. If your ideas are taken and implemented the outcome will be both tragic and predictable. Just like Beledwyne, your people will vacate the major cities and run with their lives. And you know where they will head to survive. Just like the Bakaaraha, ill-equipped youths however brave and determined will hardly make a fatal dent to the shield that’s America and her hired boys whoever they may be!

The alternative is very clear. Get your acts together thru compromise and seek help from those sympathetic to your cause. Revive the Somali state before you threaten to any state. Strategize and go from there!

Somalia maanta wax san iyo wax xun lakala dooran mayyo. Waxaa lakala dooranayyaa wa laba daran midkood. The wise ones see it that way, but the mutacaaqils of this world operate in different reality, their own reality!

Malika, it’s not difficult to envision a closure to our conflict. But it will take a paradigm shift of sort. Some one or group must depart from how Somalis perceive politics! Some one must articulate a way out of this. I am hopeful for Jabbuuti Agreement started to adopt that approach. In the meantime, we must deal with those who construe the geel-jire style fighting as the only approach to regain our lost dignity.

Marka soomaalida geel laga dhaco, laysma weydiiyo alternatives. Geelii halasoo dhacsado uun baa laga sheekaystaa ra’yi kale kama furnaa arrintaa…that was the geel-jire approach!

Malika, it’s not difficult to envision a closure to our conflict. But it will take a paradigm shift of sort. Some one or group must depart from how Somalis perceive politics! Some one must articulate a way out of this. I am hopeful for Jabbuuti Agreement started to adopt that approach. In the meantime, we must deal with those who construe the geel-jire style fighting as the only approach to regain our lost dignity.

Marka soomaalida geel laga dhaco, laysma weydiiyo alternatives. Geelii halasoo dhacsado uun baa laga sheekaystaa ra’yi kale kama furnaa arrintaa…that was the geel-jire approach!

Fabregas   

^^Weren't you previously daily arguing for the muqamawa to be widened form the " Suqa Bakaraha",- as you used to say?

Fabregas   

^^Weren't you previously daily arguing for the muqamawa to be widened form the " Suqa Bakaraha",- as you used to say?

Yes! But my bigger suggestion was not to fight in our major cities and displace our population. My more pointed suggestion was we should take this war inside Ethiopia...

now we have a peace process going on...i want to give it a chance adeer.

ps-- i still welcome the idea of taking the war in Ethiopia though...laakiin somali ha is disho Ethiopiana ha ku dhexjirto ilaa marinkale oo la maro la waaye mooyee hadda i mari mayso especially when there is an active efforts to find a different path!

Yes! But my bigger suggestion was not to fight in our major cities and displace our population. My more pointed suggestion was we should take this war inside Ethiopia...

now we have a peace process going on...i want to give it a chance adeer.

ps-- i still welcome the idea of taking the war in Ethiopia though...laakiin somali ha is disho Ethiopiana ha ku dhexjirto ilaa marinkale oo la maro la waaye mooyee hadda i mari mayso especially when there is an active efforts to find a different path!

NGONGE   

What Ethiopia wanted was to deepen the Somali conflict to the degree where dialogue and peaceful settlement is near impossibility. She wanted a scenario where those whose political muscle and military strength depends on her continue needing her for the years to come. Her strategies have always been that if Somalis can be divided both on clannish and ideological lines, she would stand to prevail. And here my good friend is where your bankruptcy clearly shows on. Today as a Somali you are staring at millions of your kind hoarded into shacks, internally displaced in their own country and dying by the hundreds. You are staring at the destruction of your major cities.

Who says THIS is what Ethiopia wants? I've seen this idea being peddled by many people on this site in the past few years with no proof whatsoever that this is indeed the Ethiopian goal. What country in the world would want to have an unstable neighbour next door? A burning Somalia is nothing but a headache to Ethiopia. I fail to see the benefits here. Mese wad eso nacamliinaysan? ;)

NGONGE   

What Ethiopia wanted was to deepen the Somali conflict to the degree where dialogue and peaceful settlement is near impossibility. She wanted a scenario where those whose political muscle and military strength depends on her continue needing her for the years to come. Her strategies have always been that if Somalis can be divided both on clannish and ideological lines, she would stand to prevail. And here my good friend is where your bankruptcy clearly shows on. Today as a Somali you are staring at millions of your kind hoarded into shacks, internally displaced in their own country and dying by the hundreds. You are staring at the destruction of your major cities.

Who says THIS is what Ethiopia wants? I've seen this idea being peddled by many people on this site in the past few years with no proof whatsoever that this is indeed the Ethiopian goal. What country in the world would want to have an unstable neighbour next door? A burning Somalia is nothing but a headache to Ethiopia. I fail to see the benefits here. Mese wad eso nacamliinaysan? ;)

Fabregas   

^^ They do not mind peace in SOmalia, as one can see from their support for SL and PL. Infact, the truth is that the TPLF would prefer a peaceful Somalia, one preferably with access to Somali Ports and no threats against her state.

However, they are willing to destroy this peace and support anarchy in Somalia, in order that the group formerly known as Alitixaad, its various ofshoots, and allies, do not take power in Somalia. We can see this from how they actively sought to dismantle and prop up warlords against the transitional- TNG government,which they labeled as been sympathetic to terrorists, ie Alitixaad. It's bit like Uncle Sam policy: they want peace and stability in Somalia, but if some guyz with cimamads start shouting from SOmalia, then the peace will be disturbed( as we have so brutally seen).