Sign in to follow this  
stoit

IF YOU WERE TO SET LAWS IN SOMALIA

stoit   

Dhulqarnayn -alSumaale

I have to say that was a good answer and very funny as well.

Khalaf

Dont you think that discussions and debates can change peoples views or maybe beliefs and even if you have no intentions of going back home now you may change your opinion if things were different and the difference is were you may be able to contribute to by joining such a discussion or debate.

I may be wrong but i think more than anythink else our problems are due to the fact that our intelectual and religious leader have failed miserably in guiding the people to the right path. They could have done this by holding discussions and debates to clarify things and by simply preeching for peace and harmony. But i apologise for i dont like pointing fingers of blame i'd rather try and do something myself.

stoit   

Dhulqarnayn -alSumaale

I have to say that was a good answer and very funny as well.

Khalaf

Dont you think that discussions and debates can change peoples views or maybe beliefs and even if you have no intentions of going back home now you may change your opinion if things were different and the difference is were you may be able to contribute to by joining such a discussion or debate.

I may be wrong but i think more than anythink else our problems are due to the fact that our intelectual and religious leader have failed miserably in guiding the people to the right path. They could have done this by holding discussions and debates to clarify things and by simply preeching for peace and harmony. But i apologise for i dont like pointing fingers of blame i'd rather try and do something myself.

stoit   

Originally posted by Seekknowledge:

quote:where do u c other muslims that beat each other in community meetings?

Ehmm Malaysia Indonesia etc.

To set laws in Somalia

1. Ban Qabil anyone using that word minimum 5 years in prison.

2. Ban Khat (death punishment)

3. The government should be elected by the people somalis are intelligent enough if given the choice they will choose the right candidate

4. No religious sect should rule over the others

5. None of the current members government or opposition should be allowed to run ever in somali politics.

6. Any candidate should prove beyond reasonable doubt he/she is clean from fraud or supporting any of the former warlords, living in other people's properties or participated in shedding somali blood

7. Any journalist using the qabil card should be arrested.
To ban qabiil will probably be conterproductive and cause more harm and can ever be solved by it, i think but i understand what you mean and to think that qabiil has caused so much death and destruction is heart breaking.

Banning khat is very good in my opinion but we will soon run into another problem ;namely one of affordability. A weak government like ours has no money and to track law breakers and bring them to justice is costly. I think its probably something for the future but for now i'd suggest legalising and gradually taxing it out of reach of most people.

I do agree with you on N0 4

Numbers 5 and 6 although i agree with you in principle ,to bring that to reality is beyond our abilities for now in my opinion. Well have to wrestle power from them and we have none and they have all the power so maybe working with them is probably a safer option for all of us.

On the last one i am not too sure what the best option is as regards journalist. I would not jail them but seek their cooperation until the turbulence is over and all is safer. I dont really know in all honesty.

stoit   

Originally posted by Seekknowledge:

quote:where do u c other muslims that beat each other in community meetings?

Ehmm Malaysia Indonesia etc.

To set laws in Somalia

1. Ban Qabil anyone using that word minimum 5 years in prison.

2. Ban Khat (death punishment)

3. The government should be elected by the people somalis are intelligent enough if given the choice they will choose the right candidate

4. No religious sect should rule over the others

5. None of the current members government or opposition should be allowed to run ever in somali politics.

6. Any candidate should prove beyond reasonable doubt he/she is clean from fraud or supporting any of the former warlords, living in other people's properties or participated in shedding somali blood

7. Any journalist using the qabil card should be arrested.
To ban qabiil will probably be conterproductive and cause more harm and can ever be solved by it, i think but i understand what you mean and to think that qabiil has caused so much death and destruction is heart breaking.

Banning khat is very good in my opinion but we will soon run into another problem ;namely one of affordability. A weak government like ours has no money and to track law breakers and bring them to justice is costly. I think its probably something for the future but for now i'd suggest legalising and gradually taxing it out of reach of most people.

I do agree with you on N0 4

Numbers 5 and 6 although i agree with you in principle ,to bring that to reality is beyond our abilities for now in my opinion. Well have to wrestle power from them and we have none and they have all the power so maybe working with them is probably a safer option for all of us.

On the last one i am not too sure what the best option is as regards journalist. I would not jail them but seek their cooperation until the turbulence is over and all is safer. I dont really know in all honesty.

Why?

Why?

If i was to set the Laws, this is what it would look like:

• All Somalis are Equal No one group can claim to be superior to any other
  • Elections in every 5yrs no one could serve more than one 5yr term, this is so we dont have someone abusing power.
  • National Supreme Court this should be like the biggest court in the country, and they can over rule the government and the president if they violate anything. this is so that there are checks and balances, and the gov't is held accountable for its actions.
y'know, just things along those lines.

If i was to set the Laws, this is what it would look like:

• All Somalis are Equal No one group can claim to be superior to any other
  • Elections in every 5yrs no one could serve more than one 5yr term, this is so we dont have someone abusing power.
  • National Supreme Court this should be like the biggest court in the country, and they can over rule the government and the president if they violate anything. this is so that there are checks and balances, and the gov't is held accountable for its actions.
y'know, just things along those lines.

Xoogsade   

I am on the extreme and favour strict interpretation of islam to tame volatile and inherently hypocritic society deep in clan worship, so:

A- Only islam is the law of the land.

B- No place for Clan in leadership.

C- Relentless and perpetual war on any group, clan or entity who opposes islamic laws. Most severe violence would be targetted at somalis who raise their voice against islamic based government for clanish reasons. I think I would be content to wipe such somalis off from the map. Declaration of war on clanism, which is a form of preislamic culture, ruthless measures aimed at such culture and people who excuse it even if they are praying five times a day should be the new laws of the land, no excuse for hypocrisy. Their islam means nothing and is only a cover for their mischief, so mow them down if they don't capitulate to the rule of islamic law.

I think such measures will downsize the somali population but those who remain will be honest muslims afterwards. Give me my blessed war on clanists.

Any thing short of fighting clanism, clan based movements devoid of islamic platform will be living in endless state of confusion and delusions. Our problems have their roots in Qabiil, Our evils draw their strength from Qabiil, our lack of faith, our hypocrisy, the ineffectual islam even if some of us are showing signs of islamic practice all have their roots on valuing clan, so, Any government will have to make its prime objective uprooting clanism and clan related vile culture, silencing its proponents with deadly force, fight it with religious fervor, otherwise, I think Somalia should be devided into smaller single clan localities having no relations with one another. That way, somalis can go back to their old nomadic roots of living side by side with each clan free from the hypocrisy and greed of the other. This so called nation-state with no islamic platform empowered the most vile among us and the result is bloodlust. Time to go back to islam or else disband the somali clans.

It is Either islam or disband somalia.

Xoogsade   

I am on the extreme and favour strict interpretation of islam to tame volatile and inherently hypocritic society deep in clan worship, so:

A- Only islam is the law of the land.

B- No place for Clan in leadership.

C- Relentless and perpetual war on any group, clan or entity who opposes islamic laws. Most severe violence would be targetted at somalis who raise their voice against islamic based government for clanish reasons. I think I would be content to wipe such somalis off from the map. Declaration of war on clanism, which is a form of preislamic culture, ruthless measures aimed at such culture and people who excuse it even if they are praying five times a day should be the new laws of the land, no excuse for hypocrisy. Their islam means nothing and is only a cover for their mischief, so mow them down if they don't capitulate to the rule of islamic law.

I think such measures will downsize the somali population but those who remain will be honest muslims afterwards. Give me my blessed war on clanists.

Any thing short of fighting clanism, clan based movements devoid of islamic platform will be living in endless state of confusion and delusions. Our problems have their roots in Qabiil, Our evils draw their strength from Qabiil, our lack of faith, our hypocrisy, the ineffectual islam even if some of us are showing signs of islamic practice all have their roots on valuing clan, so, Any government will have to make its prime objective uprooting clanism and clan related vile culture, silencing its proponents with deadly force, fight it with religious fervor, otherwise, I think Somalia should be devided into smaller single clan localities having no relations with one another. That way, somalis can go back to their old nomadic roots of living side by side with each clan free from the hypocrisy and greed of the other. This so called nation-state with no islamic platform empowered the most vile among us and the result is bloodlust. Time to go back to islam or else disband the somali clans.

It is Either islam or disband somalia.