Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Fuad Adan cade's troops join Puntland forces in Xudun SOOL.

Hear hear Rahima!! do tell this confused man about the history of the founding fathers of Puntland and the legendary Darwish Forces!and where it's origins lie who they were and whom they represented!

Hear hear Rahima!! do tell this confused man about the history of the founding fathers of Puntland and the legendary Darwish Forces!and where it's origins lie who they were and whom they represented!

Rahima, I agree thw word Mujahid is used out of context even by the SNM.

As for legends the people of SOOL are true patriots, their fore fathers fought alongside the nationalist hero Sayid Mohamed against the British. It was this fact that the brother was explaining, Somaliland is built on British colonial memory, SOOL is built on the blood of the dervishes.

As for legends the people of SOOL are true patriots, their fore fathers fought alongside the nationalist hero Sayid Mohamed against the British. It was this fact that the brother was explaining, Somaliland is built on British colonial memory, SOOL is built on the blood of the dervishes.

BN   

Originally posted by Rahima:

^ Good on him? :confused:

I meant good on them.

Nationalist,

Thanks mate, but the title was pretty clear: Fuad Adan cade's troops join Puntland forces in Xudun SOOL :D

BN   

Originally posted by Rahima:

^ Good on him? :confused:

I meant good on them.

Nationalist,

Thanks mate, but the title was pretty clear: Fuad Adan cade's troops join Puntland forces in Xudun SOOL :D

BN   
After the manner in which that fellow was unceremoniously booted out of Lascaanod? Not likely. :D

BN   
After the manner in which that fellow was unceremoniously booted out of Lascaanod? Not likely. :D

Rahima   

Understatement of the decade. Nothing is sacred to Somalis.

So they tell me. History my brother is dependant on who tells it. In 50 years i can sit with one group of people and they will tell me that Caydiid was a mujaahid, CY the devil incarnate and with another group CY the mujaahid, Caydiid was the devil incarnate.

If Somaliland is built on British colonial memory then the rest of Somalia is built on Italian colonial memory ;) . We all have our good and bad history; it all depends on how we twist it and who's better at it :D .

Rahima   

Understatement of the decade. Nothing is sacred to Somalis.

So they tell me. History my brother is dependant on who tells it. In 50 years i can sit with one group of people and they will tell me that Caydiid was a mujaahid, CY the devil incarnate and with another group CY the mujaahid, Caydiid was the devil incarnate.

If Somaliland is built on British colonial memory then the rest of Somalia is built on Italian colonial memory ;) . We all have our good and bad history; it all depends on how we twist it and who's better at it :D .

My dear Rahima, its a fact that the Dervish freedom fighters were located in SOOL or the NUGAAL as it was called then. Their base was Talex and they suffered the most at the hands of the British. Even the Britishaccounts will tell you that.

They the people of SOOL and SANAG never signed the protectorate agreement with Britian.

Also the borders finalised in 1943, which is only 17 years before independence.

So 17 years of colonial map is more important than the 44 years since Somalia has been a free nation.... :D