Sign in to follow this  
Gabbal

Muuse Suudi declares support to the government.

^^ They all are including Aweys, Indhocadde, Jimcaale and all the Al-Itixaad-politicians-wadaads with the large militias. All are businessmen, all have militias, all are accused of decieving the Somali people.

Who do we trust Rahima? Who do you have in mind with piety?

Rahima   

^ It all depends on who does the accusing and on what grounds ;) . People have the habit of accusing anyone who opposes their views.

I prefer to follow the opinions of the Somali scholars (e.g Maxamad Sh. Cusmaan, Umal, Mustafa Xaaji Ismaaciil, Shariif cabdi nuur, Cumar Faaruuq and Cukaash etc) – that on the Somali scene Al-itixaad (the true ones, not the claimants) are the best we have. I'm sure you are aware of my views on Al-itixaad. They are not infallible and I’m sure have made mistakes, but I’d take them over the warlords any day.

As for trust, that is a big ask. I can’t say I trust any group wholeheartedly. Regarding piety, i don't believe any of us can be sure- that point was just not to generalise all businessmen and politicians for i am sure some of them are god-fearing.

Anyway all we can do is have hope that everyone including the warlords come on board and this government succeeds.

Rahima   

^ It all depends on who does the accusing and on what grounds ;) . People have the habit of accusing anyone who opposes their views.

I prefer to follow the opinions of the Somali scholars (e.g Maxamad Sh. Cusmaan, Umal, Mustafa Xaaji Ismaaciil, Shariif cabdi nuur, Cumar Faaruuq and Cukaash etc) – that on the Somali scene Al-itixaad (the true ones, not the claimants) are the best we have. I'm sure you are aware of my views on Al-itixaad. They are not infallible and I’m sure have made mistakes, but I’d take them over the warlords any day.

As for trust, that is a big ask. I can’t say I trust any group wholeheartedly. Regarding piety, i don't believe any of us can be sure- that point was just not to generalise all businessmen and politicians for i am sure some of them are god-fearing.

Anyway all we can do is have hope that everyone including the warlords come on board and this government succeeds.

Rahima   

Rahima   

^ The way i see it is, there must be a reason why there is a unanimous agreement.

If anyone was to accuse the scholars of bias as some will try, they hail from different regions of Somalia and are all of different tribes (which is after all what Somali politics operates on).

Rahima   

^ The way i see it is, there must be a reason why there is a unanimous agreement.

If anyone was to accuse the scholars of bias as some will try, they hail from different regions of Somalia and are all of different tribes (which is after all what Somali politics operates on).

Rahima   

Rahima, you and I would like to see someone put a fresh spin on Somali politics, but are you positive Somalis are willing to test the waters with the name "al-itihaad" if need be? :D

This is a general question.

Rahima, you and I would like to see someone put a fresh spin on Somali politics, but are you positive Somalis are willing to test the waters with the name "al-itihaad" if need be? :D

Rahima   

Rahima, you and I would like to see someone put a fresh spin on Somali politics

You aren't wrong there, but the problem is the people (namely the educated youth) who we hoped would someday in the near future do just that have unfortunately become infected with the disease which plagued and continues to plaque their elders- tribalism.

but are you positive Somalis are willing to test the waters with the name "al-itihaad" if need be?

Not only am I not positive i am sure that Somalis would not be willing to accept Al-itixaad (except for a handful of wadaado maybe). We as Somalis are a people who cannot agree upon anything including the colour of the ocean, to some it's blue; to otherwise its turquoise and a disagreement on this can result in a civil war. We are so backward that we cannot even see our downfalls. We are such a sad people walaahi!

Somalis understand nothing but force- which is why I believe CY is more likely to succeed as president than Cabdiqaasim who tried diplomacy and reasoning with the warlords was. Ruthlessness and brutality is the only language they speak and until they shape up, it seems that it is with this they should be ruled by.

In terms of testing the waters under the banner of al-itixaad, that is irrelevant now. We have a government who we should be in support of- we have no other choice.

Personally though, I have issues with any person who campaigns for the leadership position. The best possible leaders who would be able to execute the fairest methods of governance are generally those who run away from such a position- sadly this is to our detriment for it means being left with the worst.

Rahima   

Rahima, you and I would like to see someone put a fresh spin on Somali politics

You aren't wrong there, but the problem is the people (namely the educated youth) who we hoped would someday in the near future do just that have unfortunately become infected with the disease which plagued and continues to plaque their elders- tribalism.

but are you positive Somalis are willing to test the waters with the name "al-itihaad" if need be?

Not only am I not positive i am sure that Somalis would not be willing to accept Al-itixaad (except for a handful of wadaado maybe). We as Somalis are a people who cannot agree upon anything including the colour of the ocean, to some it's blue; to otherwise its turquoise and a disagreement on this can result in a civil war. We are so backward that we cannot even see our downfalls. We are such a sad people walaahi!

Somalis understand nothing but force- which is why I believe CY is more likely to succeed as president than Cabdiqaasim who tried diplomacy and reasoning with the warlords was. Ruthlessness and brutality is the only language they speak and until they shape up, it seems that it is with this they should be ruled by.

In terms of testing the waters under the banner of al-itixaad, that is irrelevant now. We have a government who we should be in support of- we have no other choice.

Personally though, I have issues with any person who campaigns for the leadership position. The best possible leaders who would be able to execute the fairest methods of governance are generally those who run away from such a position- sadly this is to our detriment for it means being left with the worst.