Sign in to follow this  
Fiqikhayre

Last minute manoeuvring to prevent war in Mogadishu

This are the latest developments in the capital of Somalia inshallah.

I told you yesterday that the odayaal of the clan movement were very idotic in their refusal to deliver on the things they promised.

It is either they disarm and eject the marked men amongst them or face the onslaught. They're devided and a conflict (political conflict that is but not militaristic) within themselves cannot be ruled out.

They're already scared of the prospect of war and thus have vacated all the positions and areas they occupied previously. They left without a hint.

Now talks and last minute negotiations to avoid a war are taking place between the Ethiopian commanders and the odayaal of the clan movement.

They want to discuss and give in to the demands and the things that they have refused yesterday because they know that the Ethiopians mean business. But how much of a power do they have within their own ranks given that there are some elements who will not accept any ultimatums, will they betray them and if so, what will be its consequence? Inshallah we will see, if the folks that came into existence last year ago are the prime drivers of this or the man that are leading the clan movement right now. They are both aligned and if one betrays the other and I presume it is the more dominant and powerful of the group that is doing the betraying, it will become evident to all somalis that this was an disguise and in fact a clan orientated movement. We shall wait and see. Can they bring forth this marked men and their arsenal? I don't think they will come peacefully but rather only by farce. So will the odayaal make them come out by force and hand them over to the Ethiopians or will they continue with their resistence?

I think alot of important things are at stake here and they might be just tempted but will they agree to the Ethiopian demands and if so can they? Do they have the power to decide? I do believe they certainly have the power and that the marked men Ethiopia is looking for, is a mere minority. And they will have no moral qualms in ejecting them from amongst their midst because they were first used a some kind of political cover and if there's the need today, they can also be discarded. Let's wait and see inshallah.

They are urged to come to the government in order to voice their opinions and grievances and to find a solution, whereby the anti-government elements and marked men can be disarmed and brought to justice.

But will they be able to deliver or will they as usual make false promises they cannot hold nor achieve? We shall wait and see the outcome inshallah. Anyhow the negotiatons and talks between the odayaal and the Ethiopian commanders are on. Will they this time reach an agreement with the Ethiopians and subsequently betray the few elements, that they first propelled into power as a disguise and whose strings they were pulling behind the scenes? I think so this time they will do that because as they first used them as a political tool, this time they will have no moral qualms to discard them as well and thus avoid the onslaught and war. I believe war will be averted and a deal of some sort will be reached. Count me on that.

This is a very political issue and very complex and the ramifications shall be awaited inshallah. This will end with an betrayal of some sort and it will be clear for every Somali, that there was nothing muslim or islamic about this people's political stance. Count me on that.

Inshallah we shall see what will surface. I believe a deal will be reached and that they will come to their senses and thus give in to the demands and see that a continuation of this conflict will only harm them. Fear and the possibility of a war they can hardly afford to lose made them make this decision and therefore blow up their political disguise intended to keep the loot.

I knew it.

Sakhar.

Wisdom of political observation by Sakhar. Will his latest prediction come true this time as well? Count me on that inshallah.

But will they be able to deliver or will they as usual make false promises they cannot hold nor achieve? We shall wait and see the outcome inshallah. Anyhow the negotiatons and talks between the odayaal and the Ethiopian commanders are on. Will they this time reach an agreement with the Ethiopians and subsequently betray the few elements, that they first propelled into power as a disguise and whose strings they were pulling behind the scenes? I think so this time they will do that because as they first used them as a political tool, this time they will have no moral qualms to discard them as well and thus avoid the onslaught and war. I believe war will be averted and a deal of some sort will be reached. Count me on that.

This is a very political issue and very complex and the ramifications shall be awaited inshallah. This will end with an betrayal of some sort and it will be clear for every Somali, that there was nothing muslim or islamic about this people's political stance. Count me on that.

Inshallah we shall see what will surface. I believe a deal will be reached and that they will come to their senses and thus give in to the demands and see that a continuation of this conflict will only harm them. Fear and the possibility of a war they can hardly afford to lose made them make this decision and therefore blow up their political disguise intended to keep the loot.

I knew it.

Sakhar.

Wisdom of political observation by Sakhar. Will his latest prediction come true this time as well? Count me on that inshallah.

I knew it.

Sakhar.

I knew it.

Sakhar.

War has been averted and avoided and it will not happenen at all. The clan movement elders fianlly came to their senses and now are giving in to the demands. If they as I believe have the power and influence to implement this latest conditions of this latest ceasefire put on them, then there will be no war.

Count me on that.

Sakhar.

War has been averted and avoided and it will not happenen at all. The clan movement elders fianlly came to their senses and now are giving in to the demands. If they as I believe have the power and influence to implement this latest conditions of this latest ceasefire put on them, then there will be no war.

Count me on that.

Sakhar.

Count me on that.

Sakhar.

It's 10:00 am London time and I'm very confident that there will be no war at all.

I expect a comprehensive ceasefire to be agreed on. Already the clan movement vacated all the areas they were defending in the first place. They have dispersed into the neighbourhoods so that nobody recognises them.

This is a sign that they don't want to fight and that they willl accept any condition levied on them. Count me on that.

Sakhar.

It's 10:00 am London time and I'm very confident that there will be no war at all.

I expect a comprehensive ceasefire to be agreed on. Already the clan movement vacated all the areas they were defending in the first place. They have dispersed into the neighbourhoods so that nobody recognises them.

This is a sign that they don't want to fight and that they willl accept any condition levied on them. Count me on that.

Sakhar.

Sakhar.