Sign in to follow this  
Abdulladiif Al-Fiqih

The Making of A Somali Super Woman

THE MAKING OF A SOMALI SUPER WOMAN

There is a fast moving revolution in the trend of changes of the Man-Woman partnership roles in the life.. It simply means women in general felt that the roles they had accepted centuries ago was not a fair one hence change was inevitable.

Swap of positions with Man was always impossible but equal status became what the West (the civilized world as it is today called) always advocated.

The main question is whether equal status is the right approach or not and is the role of woman in the old days really an unfair one.

It is undeniable that the Somali women suffered comparatively lack of proper education , lack of full participation in the social & political activities of the society, confinement of their duties in the household activities and other difficulties even though Somalia was not a pioneer in this deviation from the right treatment to women. .

In the old days in Europe, the main job of the woman was confined to being an excellent homemaker till the moderators, who had anti church campaigns, launched their efforts to free man from the limitations of customary beliefs however their campaign went beyond the well being of human being and in many cases against the holy regulations of a religion.

Unluckily today for the civilized Somali women, the main standard measure for perfection is the 'Woman in the West ' and that is not their mistake for they were forced to live there in the West and adopt the western cultures.

Countries like India , women are proud to be better home makers while still doing the other office jobs and business. She prepares delicious breakfast for the beloved husband & children and sends them out early morning before she goes to her office. All these happen while she never missed reading the western life style in the women magazines flooded in the country.

The Somali woman should put forward the challenges ahead of her to become a perfect super woman. This means that SHE:

Adheres to the belief that the role provided to her in Islam is not against her interests.

Considers the big difference between the two worlds ( Somalia and the west).

Sees the danger in jumping from deep down to the peak ( i.e. the need of smooth slipping to balanced modernization - Not westernization)

Realizes the need for deep understanding of what is good for a woman and not necessarily embrace the 'women rights' as perpetuated by the West.

Accepts to give the time required to let the Somali society adjust to the new reality through proper awareness programmes by the government.

Rejects the ' challenging the man' attitude pioneered by the woman in the West through feminism campaigns and accepts to be the real partner to man as Haawa(Eve) became to Abuuna Adam naturally.

Explores the many ways that woman enjoys privileges in Islam and engages through efforts to reach this knowledge to her Somali sisters who do not realize it.

Always remembers that among the Somali Men, there are those who believe that without the right woman partner (matching wife), there is no progress with Man.

Accepts that the western woman style can not be the standard perfect woman symbol that the Somali women should draw examples as between the two worlds, there is a vast ocean.

If you wake up one fine morning and decide to implement above points, I promise you are the long searched for Somali Super Woman who draws the best from each culture, adds her own wisdom, always keeps Islam as the guard & reference and hence produces perfect family.

Always remember behind A successful Somali Man, there is YOU, my dear sister

:rolleyes: Muslim women shouldn't compete with men! Women have their own statues so are men. Everyone should stick to their position PERIOD! Okay :D GOSH..if women can compete with men they shouldn't be disappointed about their appearance! Men are sooooo FREESPIRIT about it!

:D <--Wishes to see all feminists being SLAUGHTER! They are killing the respect of women in Islam by coercing our women to do unislamic acts!

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwws I hate women! Looooools kidding...but i do though...okay okay i love the fair ones...oh may God...I'm soo like BLESS! :D

<--Adjusts her lovely pink jalbab :D out of sight

Jaabir   

Originally posted by Narcissistic-Sister:

:rolleyes:
:D
<--Wishes to see all feminists being SLAUGHTER! They are killing the respect of women in Islam by coercing our women to do unislamic acts!

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwws I hate women! Looooools kidding...but i do though...okay okay i love the fair ones...oh may God...I'm soo like BLESS!

<--Adjusts her lovely pink jalbab
out of sight

lol right on Sister right on.... i hope SOL power puff girls wont attack you for speaking your mind.. smile.gif

Qac Qaac   

abdilateef thanks for the topic.

but man u r in trouble here comes full attack on you. Good Luck... be strong. homeland security would come after you for sure...

LuCkY   

Okieee...Now what i dont get is SomaLi Men and The Fascination with SomaLi Women and Their adjustments here in the West whereas I dont see a singLe Man focusing toward the mens adjustment.Now why that is I dont get.

Anywhoo this whoLe feminist movement bLah bLah bLah I couLd care Less.

HONEY-D   

If you wake up one fine morning and decide to implement above points, I promise you are the long searched for Somali Super Woman who draws the best from each culture, adds her own wisdom, always keeps Islam as the guard & reference and hence produces perfect family.

if only men stopped going on about how somali women should live their lives nothing you say will ever change their way of life so way stress yourself when there is No damn thing you can do about it. :rolleyes:

Kool_Kat   

It is one thing to be feminist, and quiet another to be a strong minded woman who knows what she wants out of life...

If a woman wants to study, work, and stand by her man, I don't see anything wrong with that...Side by side they will walk through life together...

Some women just seem to take things a little too far, with their twisted ideas in thier little minds...

I don't think I am making any sense, so I'll stop here...I just had a long a$$ day @work...

Habloow, nimakeena aan garab istaagno...Oo tartanka aan dhaafno...lol

Qac Qaac   

Kool Kat, dadka muxtaramiinta aad ka mid tahay, oo waxaa isku saf noqoteen hadda, Try Me, iyo Caramel, iyo many more aan ka gaarin in aa magacaabo kulligood.

now fikraddaada gaarsii kuwa kale, oo aan heesan fikraddaada.

I've had enough of reading posts dedicated to what a Somali woman must adhere to...what her expections should be ..la daa la daa ladaa...especially from the brothers!

And have u noticed, everytime a similar threat is created, the same bunch reply? I don't know....

I'm discontent with these ridiculous topics ...actually geared toward percieved feminists on SOL.

Anyways.... :rolleyes:

Gosh,

why can't some men just stop the whining and figure out its not the damn WESTERN at fault for everything wrong in this world. Western and muslim men have the exact same mentality! and women are not having it.

I say..just GET OVER IT..

Saalixa   

Gosh,

why can't some men just stop the whining and figure out its not the damn WESTERN at fault for everything wrong in this world. Western and muslim men have the exact same mentality! and women are not having it.

I say..just GET OVER IT..

ouch sis hold your horses, thats not the way to thank our beloved brother who kindly posted this topic with good intentions and motives, trying to protect us from sins, squarell and all those horrors of the western world whose actions are against the teachings of islam and exploit women deteriorating their modesty, dignity and self respect. And read the last line he wrote

Always remember behind A successful Somali Man, there is YOU, my dear sister

so don't get agitated qiuckly by someone who cares.

N-sister you are crazy but cheeky- "adjsuts her pink jibaab" kulaaha then gets on her pink parachute lol i hope she won't get fitnah with that lol so incredubally pious :rolleyes: :cool: :rolleyes:

Qac Qaac   

Rayaana qof wax garad ah baad tahay, ee meesha ka sii wad in aad ufaa iidayso kuwa aa saas wax garadka u aheen.

afkaaga caano lagu qabay...