Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

The secessionist fear...

The secessionist fear, Somalilands fear

_40856104_somaliland_pres_afp.jpg Lack of ideas from Riyoole

f_waraabe.gifHate man Warrabe

The fears

1. A Somali government recognize by the world and in control of the country.

2. A united “South” with Mogadishu, Kismayu, Bossaso under one administration.

3. Losing their “Special” status tag as Mogadishu becomes ever more stable.

All three factors are becoming a reality, hence the new found “ Somalinimo” amongst some of the most dire hard secessionists. There is a shift of emphasis away from Hargaysa and towards Mogadishu of late. Riyaale and his regime are facing much internal problems with many die hard “Somalilanders” unable to come to terms with the loss of SOOL, SANAG & CAYN regions to Somaliweyn. They can not understand why they are playing with a weak hand, militarily, economically and politically. Their propaganda and myth making has only resulted in isolation. Nothing to show for the 14 years of singing and lobbying the old colonial power Britain, now they see enemies in every corner even little Djibouti is seen as a grave threat.

They are angered, further by being abandoned by the only ally Ethiopia, which has now shifted away from Hargaysa.

Any suggestion to help our brothers in the North West, would be much appreciated?

To my Somaliland brothers, tell me a single nation on Erth that recognises you? Maybe Ethiopia, what about Djibouti?

Do you control all the areas that you claim?

What options have your leaders in getting recognition or full control of the state?

^^^Thats not an answer, obviously getting recognition is just a dream and one becoming a nightmare as of late. But as a beliver in that dream how do you counter the above points made regarding the weak position the secessionist movement finds itself in.

Fabregas   

Why would somalilanders want to come back to people who would use foreigners to bomb their own brothers?Something they have experienced themselves(South Africans)And this is coming from a "puntlander" whatever that means.

Duke...

Fear of what? smile.gif

What is going to happen Dukow? Faahfaahi awoowe.

All we see is the same empty rhetoric from same old folks. icon_razz.gif

What is changed in Southern Somalia is that the GOOD people that had the interest of the people of Southern Somalia at heart

had been taken out of the picture by a coalition of the (BAD) Warlords and (UGLY) occupational force. You add the BAD and the Ugly together and what you have is a grim situation. I am sure everyone is mourning of what is happening except the collabarators who think they will gain while it lasts.

The reality however, is that the only thing the Warlords had in common and agreed upon were to eliminate the Good people. I do not think that you will come back with that old BRAVE FACE and tell us otherwise, would you Dukeow?

Equally, I would be surprised if these old dogs "are ready" to learn new tricks. It reminds of that old Somali adage "Naagtii xumayd ee la waaniyey ee la waaniyey... ee tidhi "Ii yara jooga rag ba i sugaayee...". But as always, we will have to wait and see what the coming days/months have for us. smile.gif

As for you, don't count your eggs tadha tadha tadha... as the old saying goes.

Originally posted by General Duke:

25_Somaliland_Mirreh_image003.jpg
Somaliland

Duke

At the point where you justified to yourself that it was acceptable to post a picture of Somali men in serfage, in order to humiliate your Somali brethren, YOU lost the least common trace of dignity we would expect from any Somali.

You have shown yourself to have no sense of humility, not a trace of apathy nor an incling of understanding. Your awareness of history, context or irony have long been lost to a sickness of ancestor worship and deaf, dumb and blind faith.

I hope the irony of Melez's waraabe will never bare that same ugly fruit you have shown your self so willing to taunt with.

To hell with your bull$hit

Liqaye   

the above is not merely a picture caano geel but somaliland foreign policy, forgive me if I do not share the indignation, when the above picture is taken by somaliland authorities to be a clear memeory of the benevolent english rule in somaliland.

The former dictator used to call somaliland fighters as AFAR WIIL OO INJIR LEH ,,,, then it developed to be QABIIL KELI AH ,,, now it it SECESSIONISTS ,,,,,,,, and besides somaliland was progressing whatever the name they brought,,,,,,,

dadka qaar baad is odhanaysaa caqligoodu ma koro ,,,, taariikhdana waxba kuma qaataan ,,, but who cares anyway

Liqaye   

Oh and another thing brother Suldanka

Could you make it clear why the I.C.U inspite of their bombastic statements became issue number 1 for the riyale goverment upto somaliland troops taking part and fighting under the direction of puntland forces on the Galkacayo front, could it be brother that somaliland is also one of the and I love the word you used Bad people that shafted the Good people of the I.C.U?

Also apart of your recognition of the bad occupation forces in somalia, do you see the good somaliland doing something more substantive like perhaps withdrawing your representative from ethiopia just to show solidarity and for P.R purposes.

Hmmm

That would be well.....good.