Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

The secessionist fear...

NASSIR   

The picture was posted by several websites and I don't see any problem with it since these delegates were on a mission. Money makes the world go around. Although some sites posted the picture to humiliate our brothers in the north, I don't see any measure of satisfaction that we can gain from such depictions. Indeed, it will lead to their further isolation.

For the topic, I agree with Duke there is deep fear that once Mogadishu stabalizes and foreign investment and money start following in, the dream to be recognized will evaporate and disappear.

"Somaliland"’s absence from our reconciliation adds complexity to our problem because “Somaliland” is not politically independent (has yet to achieve international recognition) economically not viable (The region is desolate tract and lacks resources, case in point is how its former colony neglected it), and not socially cohesive entity ( Sool and Sanaag populace are predominantly opposed to secession, a population that is 50% of this former geographical protectorate).

here is a great article about Somaliland

enjoy.

hahaha ,,, funny you read that ???? ,,,, seen it long time ago but all what i can say is they are a group of losers who can't even put a feet in somaliland let alone to talk about somaliland. All what they can do is to create such false articles just satisfy someone like you. I'm glad you read it but i'm sorry the authors know they created it for you only.

The ICU gone once they started threatening somaliland and the same will go for the TFG if they start or even think to do the same.

We need stability in all horn of Africa not only in Mogadishu and we support that with our hearts and mind. We believe it is Haram to be happy for the muslim's blood and killings.

We met A/Lahi Yusuf before ,, during the SSDF and SNM and he knows the men he is facing so he is not that stup***d i guess. SNM did what he couldn't do at all and he realise that.

LIQAYE

I believe the point goes well and beyond any policy justification. Regardless of what self-serving memory the SL authorities likes to retain, the principle still stands.

The aim of posting the picture was to provoke, taunt and humiliate *the people* not to reflect on the policies, the rights or wrongs of the SL regime. As such, it was unjustified, uncalled for and wrong.

Further, by entitling it "Somaliland", he was implicitly marking a non-exsiting barrier in which our brethren in the waqooyi are somehow a significant and different other [as marked by their occupation]- that their occupation was somehow dettached from that of the rest of the population, and in some way their humiliation was not reflected in all of us.

He did not even have the capacity to understand he was fostering hate and propagating the twisted and evil form of regional stereo-typing and colonial segregation within his people, that he so often proclaims to stand against.

caamir

Your message is some what confused.

If you are saying that: "[..] because other sites have posted it before" so its ok. Then you are advocating morallity by consensus - even in the extreme and this case is extre and wrong.

If you are saying the men were working,then if anything deserves respect, it is the wage a man earns for his sweat. But you and I know that the post was not intended to say "look how hard people will work for a living". It aimed to humiliate people for being colonised by the British and mark them as such. Therefore, trying to cover him with a *plausible* explanation scenario does not stand.

If as you say, "[you] don't see any measure of satisfaction that we can gain from such depictions", then stand up and tell the man. Dont try to provide him with a possible alibi

The fears

1. A Somali government recognize by the world and in control of the country.

2. A united “South” with Mogadishu, Kismayu, Bossaso under one administration.

3. Losing their “Special” status tag as Mogadishu becomes ever more stable.

All three factors are becoming a reality

Are they?

The first and hardest of your 'fears' has yet to be accomplished, and virtually impossible without a large and long standing foreign military presence in the country.

RedSea   

Caamir,

Our brothers in the north? that could have been your kinsmen,could it not be,where are you from son? lol..what a morons.

As to Duke,

My dear daba dhilif,the two tanks of the Xabashis have given you new life.When will you be real man and fight your own fights.As you know Xabashis will not always be on your side,so don't create another enemy,gacmahaad ka guban.

As you know,the Xabashis have as much relations with A/Dullahi Yusuf as they have with Riyale Kahin,therefore if it came down to a fight between the two(which Ethiopia wants),then gues what,you will have to deal with Somaliland alone without the Xabashis,and you darn well know that you will be rattled.

However,the so called TFG can't even sort its differences out,it's a chunk piece of garbage,which every man(warlord) will have his own say the way he feels like it.NO one can tell them to not say such,because remember they got guns.

So before talk the big talk,you need to have the ability which you can reiforce your thoughts,two Xabashi tanks will not be helpful to you.And how cowardly is it to claim that you have a pawn when only two days ago you were considered endengered specie,I am amazed.

This is simply a desperate attempt from the lost lot in here to try to get the attention from the disgraceful lot which he supports much.Daba dhilif Duke' doesn't realize that with Somaliland aside,the South itself even united the least bit and thus are mostly United against the naked aggression coming from Ethiopia which he also justifies.So dabo duke,before you utter anything or say anything baise about others,it would be to focus on the problems which the the chunk (TFG) has created in Southern Somalia..that should be your worries,don't sugar coated.You should have just stuck with Puntland,at least it was functioning state,but o boy are you ever in a mess of being xabashi daba dhilif.I am sorry,we can't do anything for you,you may critise somaliland as much as you want,but hey look ka dabaalo adaa isku galay eh.

Miskiin waaxid.

The usual stories,not yet a single refutation.Damn!

Fear I said, now we have anger as higlighted by Mujahid-SNM. Brother refute the points and dont go of on a mad rant.

I dont hate Somaliland, but I am a bit suprised that they have no real options to confront the rise of the unionists, federalists, centralists or put simply the return of the Republic.

Suldan, I am quite disapointed with you old man, where is Oodweyn?

Ayoub Shiekh, is quite what about Northerner. Come on guys, what tactics, strategies are in place or should be formulated up in Hargaysa.

RedSea   

^Ooh goodness,what is there to refute? tell me,tell us exactly,will give you an ear full?

It's all well too known that SL hasn't been recognised to this day,however you are dreaming if you think SL will cooperate with the chunky TFG.

So let me ask you a question which I asked you before you didn't get the new ball(xabashi tanks),what will you think the TFG will do,if SL simply says shuff it to 'em,what will you do?

If you hate SL,gues what,we dont' care,you are giving yourself too much credit old man nor will two Xabashi tanks be able to help accomplish your dream,you have to accomplish your own dream,be a man.

as for Hargeysa,it stood the worst of times,it will stand as always...

LANDER   

Discussing geo-politics and strategic ideas with the likes of Duke is an utter waist of time. So I'll try to keep this as simple and straight forward as possible.

- Somaliland and Somalilanders have never used DIRECT Ethiopian intervention in any war or fought along side ethiopians. Meanwhile your uncle in less than 50 yrs has managed the unthinkable TWICE. Once with the SSDF and now with this TFG. Even in our darkest days when our people were being slaughtered by the tens of thousands we didn't bring ethiopians on our soil. You keep that in mind.

-As Red Sea mentioned, Ethiopians will not fight Somaliland for you nor will Americans directly support you in any attempt. It will take the most brilliant political maneuvering on the part of your moronic uncle or nothing short of a miracle to pull off foreign intervention in Somaliland. Therefore you would have to fight this one on your own and even with all the begging money in the world at your unk's disposal, do you really think your cowardly forces can take the fight to the heart of Somaliland? I know you lack the ability to logically analyze situations but give it a try.

Lastly, the only power in this universe to be feared is God. The last thing Somalilanders will be worried about is fighting a daba-dhilif without an ounce of honor or decency.

ElPunto   

^Chill out guyz.

A functioning, recognized government in Mogadishu extending to the disputed eastern parts of Somaliland makes Somaliland's position as an independant entity much harder. It puts a definite political and economic squeeze on it. Is that something that Somaliland independance supporters deny?

^^^Horrible Failure indeed. You skiped the issue at hand thus you have no answers what so ever, personalising the issue will not cover up the fact that Riyaale, Selanyo, Warrabe and others have not the faintest clue what to do and are feeding the masses with nonsence in order to get rich of the few resources of the region.

Berbera is a shameful state, while neighbouring Djibouti has emerged as regional port, and even little Bossaso is doing quite well.

Somaliland has no army, what so ever and they can not venture outside the traingle of Berbera-Hargaysa-Burco.

As for Ethiopian support, one should not lies, and in such a naked way, the Somaliland state has a "deep" relationship with Adis and even one you used to boast about, remmeber when you claimed to have an Ethiopian embassy in Hargaysa?

As for Somalia, as you know the international community has given its support from US, EU, AU IGAD and even Egypt the Arab power house all support the effort to bring ths state back from the ashes. A developmnet that adds to the fear of the secessionits.

Thus political isolation, corruption and nepotisam is what can observe.

How does one counter this, any ideas?