Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Puntland’s Sea Pirates Graduate To Air Piracy

Bosaso, Somalia, November 7, 2009 (SL Times) – Two men tried to hijack a Daallo Airline plane that was flying from Puntland’s city of Bosaso to Djibouti. But the two hijackers botched the operation and the plane returned to Bosaso’s airport where they were apprehended after a shootout with Puntland’s security.

The hijackers attempted to take as hostages two German journalists who were on the plane and insisted that they should be flown to a remote area in Las Qoray.

Some reports say that the pilot was able to mislead them and brought them back to Bosaso where they were apprehended. Other reports say that the passengers fought with the hijackers and prevented them from getting close to the hostages or the cockpit.

Puntland is a hub for all sorts of illegal activities, including printing of fake money, human trafficking and piracy, all of which are done with the collusion of Puntland’s regional administration.

There is also evidence that Puntland’s criminal networks now extend all the way to Yemen and Seychelles. So it does not come as a surprise that Puntland’s criminals have graduated from sea piracy to air piracy. In a way, it was just a matter of time.

Cowke   

Give us the pirates any day sxb, those people take their beef with foreigners at sea and never disturb puntland peace and stability, infact if anything they bring more construction work for the region.

Now we got a war with onlf and shabab on our hands who are actually harming our civilians, this is more of a concern for me and I think most puntland people then pirates. The main reason why noone does anything against pirates to begin with is very simple. The pirates are not political, not wadaads, they don't kill, rape, loot locals. It has no direct effect on the local community.

Cowke   

Jacaylbaro, maybe you don't leave your bedroom, but i suggest you take a walk outside and just ask any person...Who is more liked...Pirates or butt lickers and i can guarantee 95% of them will tell you hell with butt lickers, pirates any-days at least he earns his keep, while you beg for yours. Two different contrasts.

Cowke   

I know if I had two choices. Either beg or steal, I would steal, because I won't beg no man.

The only main reason why I am interested in Puntland is because of the OIL, it is getting itself out of the hell hole somalis and for that matter africa is in which is "aid". Either Oil or Million dollar heists at the seas, not standing outside the line at the world food program for me sxb, I am better then that.

Get rich sxb or die trying, u don't understand that because 1 bag of rice and your happy man because your mentality has been colonized by british to make you into a monkey, whilst the british man is pulling in billions of dollars.

Anyways you won't get it, but I think those who are not colonized will understand.