galbeedi   

I like the way our friend Iliria, frames things, heck sometimes I have to look up to the dictionary to understand some of his words. Having said that, we all have weaknesses in terms our political goals and positions.

They say all politics are local, yet maneuvering the enclave based politics and clan based  minefields isn't easy. The history of Adal community is filled with events of our people taking the high road of Somalinimo without never ever cooperating with colonials powers and losing badly, whether they are French, British or Abyssinia. This is something new for us, we always fought for Soomaalinino and finished last, always. Some of you might not believe that we were the founders of Djibouti from late nineteen century to 1959. The mayors and the majority of the population were Adal community, yet some political mistakes of fighting the French and opting for Somali freedom changed the landscape with one generation.Today, all we got a population ruled by others.

You travel from Awbare across Borama to Jigjiga and you meet a million people and dense settlement, yet we have one member of federal parliament elected with 380,000 votes while the average among Somalis are 80,000. So, I just wanted to change things  for my lot. Tribal nationalism by itself is always ugly despite confronting injustice. Where else would I go other than Ethiopia to confront the backward tribal fascists in Hargeisa who couldn't create institutions after 34 years?.

Yet, I agree with Iliria that we need a tough warlord or army general with steel . What I could tell you is that Dr. Cali Bahar is not only tough, but he is competent and can't be bought or corrupted in terms of integrity which is something valuable in the long run.

We met WAsiir Ahmed Faqi yesterday and he is a Somali patriot and competent minister who is well versed about the issues of the country. I do believe that the Khaatumo recognition would not have happened without him. I think he has a great future ahead of him.

In terms of Mogadishu, I will write some articles about our capital soon.

Xamar CAdey, as it was called back then, hasn't lost some of her old characters of the eighties. As you walk or visit places no one will ever enquire about your clan or where you come from. Despite people saying this town belongs to certain clan, Somalis from all over the country live and reside in Mogadushu. There are hundreds if not thousands of Awdalites living here. Hundreds of youth from Awdal had come here and found employment in every government ministry including the security agencies. 

Security is improving a lot. There haven't been any major bombings for months except few small incidents. Check pointed are manned by young professional soldiers which gives you a confidence. Despite its security issues, Mogadishu is an attractive place for Somali youth coming from the North, central Somalia or deep south. 

anyway, stay tuned about life, liberty and the culture of Mogadishu............

Illyria   
4 hours ago, galbeedi said:

I like the way our friend Iliria, frames things, heck sometimes I have to look up to the dictionary to understand some of his words. Having said that, we all have weaknesses in terms our political goals and positions.

I must keep your [all] toes on fire, mate, or MMA will be singing Kacaanist rhymes in af Maay (the death of me), or Ghe will be tempted to recite his beloved Kacaan leaders' mantra all day ( ya reet, wa ya lah min caar).

They say all politics are local, yet maneuvering the enclave based politics and clan based  minefields isn't easy. The history of Adal community is filled with events of our people taking the high road of Somalinimo without never ever cooperating with colonials powers and losing badly, whether they are French, British or Abyssinia.

No one questions reer Awdal's Somalinimo and their role in its sanctity. I am glad to hear all is well with reer Awdal, and so long as they are in the fold of reer Somali, you will the rest of us in their corner.

In terms of Mogadishu, I will write some articles about our capital soon.

Xamar CAdey, as it was called back then, hasn't lost some of her old characters of the eighties. As you walk or visit places no one will ever enquire about your clan or where you come from. Despite people saying this town belongs to certain clan, Somalis from all over the country live and reside in Mogadushu. There are hundreds if not thousands of Awdalites living here. Hundreds of youth from Awdal had come here and found employment in every government ministry including the security agencies.

Outside of fine hotels and homes in good neighbourhoods, Xamar is no longer an ethnic Somali city, but a Bantu city with the majority of its residents now being of African extraction, and increasing by the day. I do not know what the representation is, but I would not be surprised if it is 65~/35~ with 35~ being ethnic Somali minority population.

Ma anaa 'Kacaanist' ah? Alloow nimaan wax ogeyn ha caddaabin.

Do you realize how Kacaanka drastically changed my own very family's lives and fortunes permanently?

Gaal dil gartiisana sii waaye. Kacaan was the best and better than anything that came after it. Where are we now after 33 years after Kacaanka?

Sodon iyo sadex sano oo qqaaaro iyo dib u socod, Soomaali wada burburtay physically, spiritually and psychologically.

Let's see:

Fee-based private schools and universities.

Corrupt, incompetent so-called doctors without any credentials.

Nothing to export, all imports, including fruits and vegetables.

No large-scale farms.

Millions of lifetime refugees.

Constant ying-yang famines and floods 

Complete environment destruction.

Perennial recipients of 'aid.'

Stealing and selling almost all public lands.

Foreign-controlled puppets in each little fiefdom.

Foreign mercenaries markee at every part of the country.

Natural resources stolen and no central government to defend it.

Soomaali iswada neceb.

And not ro mention the millions of innocent people that were prematurely wiped out without any chance for life.

And you dare to tell me this is better than towradii barakeysneyd. U qiro waxqabadkii Kacaanka and give its due.

12 minutes ago, Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar said:

Ma anaa 'Kacaanist' ah? Alloow nimaan wax ogeyn ha caddaabin.

Do you realize how Kacaanka drastically changed my own very family's lives and fortunes permanently?

Gaal dil gartiisana sii waaye. Kacaan was the best and better than anything that came after it. Where are we now after 33 years after Kacaanka?

Sodon iyo sadex sano oo qqaaaro iyo dib u socod, Soomaali wada burburtay physically, spiritually and psychologically.

Let's see:

No large-scale farms.

Soomaali iswada neceb.

And not ro mention the millions of innocent people that were prematurely wiped out without any chance for life.

And you dare to tell me this is better than towradii barakeysneyd. U qiro waxqabadkii Kacaanka and give its due.

mma u feel insulted when he called u a kacaanist and yet  u wrote an entire paragraph why the kacaan was so great , manad is maqlayn lol

Illyria   
4 hours ago, Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar said:

Ma anaa 'Kacaanist' ah? Alloow nimaan wax ogeyn ha caddaabin. Do you realize how Kacaanka drastically changed my own very family's lives and fortunes permanently?

Ina adeer, everything that has gone wrong in our sufferable nation, then when he was in charge till now post his sodding departure, had been the doing and legacy of the Kacaan from top to bottom.

As far as your involvement is concerned, you are awfully too young to have been in bed with Afweyne & Co., and as you told us once whom you late father (Rabbana yarhamhu) was, I have no reason to suspect you, except I wanted to tickle your soft belly, mate, to include you in the conversation, for you my dear friend have a penchant for delicate matters.

4 hours ago, Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar said:

Let's see:

No large-scale farms.

Soomaali iswada neceb.

Please O please, for all our sake, never repeat that again!

28 minutes ago, maakhiri1 said:

Time to unite, and also bring Jesus clan on board

Thats never gonne happen the jesus clan and the borama clan have a conflict around allot of villages in the western part of Awdal 

On 2/13/2024 at 1:34 PM, maakhiri1 said:

Awdal horgals about to jump ship

how are these people horgal when they were elected by the people of awdal one man one vote not the handpickked men and woman in the bunker

2 hours ago, Xaaji Xunjuf said:

how are these people horgal when they were elected by the people of awdal one man one vote not the handpickked men and woman in the bunker

What system? When they are clearly not free, and hunted down when they speak up? They are told how to dress? Blue colour.is forbidden 

What happened to that horgal, former minister?  Who spoke against regime? Still rotting in Gulag?

Wake up 

Which minister u mean muumin seed he wasn’t arrested for speaking his mind he was arrested due to other things related to owning some farm land and a dispute there . It had nothing to do with that he is an ex minister of kulmiye   Forbidden to dress blue where and when maybe u have never been to awdal easy on the social media hype . The only system reer awdal have is in Somaliland where they elected their representives   This is not the case in the bunker