Liibaan

'This Action Cannot Stand !!!'

Liibaan   

'This Action Cannot Stand!' Press Release By Qaran Party

(Waridaad) - The Qaran Pary — Hargeysa, Somaliland

Press Release

Hargeisa July 28, 2007

This action cannot stand!

It is regrettable that at this day and age, having all experienced the horrors of bad regimes in the past, the people of S/Land are once again reliving the abusive powers of yet another callous regime.

The unlawful arrest of the entire leadership of Qaran is a clear indication of a regime that known no bounds, and feels confident enough to do just about anything it pleases under the cloak of protecting national security (remember the Barre Regime?). The simple fact is that this arrest is purely political and the administration having lost their base support to Qaran are resorting to play the only card left for them to play, and that is the power of detention. The hope is that if Qaran's leadership is put away, the movement will also go away.

That is just simple wishful thinking on their part, Qaran's movement is not confined to the leadership of the party, the true power of this movement for change comes from the people locally and abroad, and the consequences of this illegal action from the administration will clearly demonstrate the extent of this support.

We urge all peace loving S/Landers to reject this unchecked, arrogant and dangerous action from this administration and stand up to defend the constitution and the laws of our beloved country and say with a single united voice "enough is enough"!

The only laws worth having are those worth defending!

The Qaran Pary

Liibaan   

10 Responses to “Somaliland: Arrest of opposition politicians condemned”

Rooble:

I personally support the arrest of those politicians and would advise the government to put them in jail for several years.

How the hell someone can start a political campaign when his party is not even registered ? Isn’t that calling for a chaos ?? I think Dr. Gabose was paid by Eriteria to distablise Somaliland.

Those politicians have been warned many times by the government and they never listened to anyone. Now let them cry inside a cell.

There is a government and there is a constitution to be followed. Yes, Somaliland people have the right to form political parties but it should be in accordance with the law. Once they form the party it should be registered by the authorities and the electoral committee, they should have a general assembly and elect their leaders ,, that is the time they can start any political activities in the country.

Whatever people say, i believe the arrest was a good move from the government and it is a warning to the other politicians if they don’t follow the constitution.

Peace and Love

Mohamed ali:

The only mistake the three Qaran leaders made was that having been used to hold important positions in the last two governments or even before; they left behind huge task for Rayale to establish Democratisation, Justice, freedom of speech and an Independent Judiciary system that guarantees Individual rights. Probably, Rayale tried his best but could not do everything and as such they well knew these institutions were not properly functioning when they wrongly or maybe rightly tested

Ahmed Hassan:

It is deplorable that a country that struggles for international recognition to imprison a politicians, whose only crime is to express their desire for establishing a political party. If the people cannot express their views and if they cannot assemble to campaign for a political agenda,you cannot call that country is democratic.

How a Minsterial summon can take a free citizen to a jail. Did this regime forget that the very existence of Somaliland is from the result of restricted liberties by military government that ruled Somalia at an iron hand.

Democracy needs an accountable government, it needs an independent and daring media, it needs an independent judiciary. None of this exist in Somaliland. The government is headed by ex-security officer and a team of his ex-friends. The cabinet is well over 54 members for a country of two million citizens and witha mere budget of $30 Million a year. The sole salary of the President is $500,000.00 much bigger than that of President of USA.

That tells all.

Rashid Jama (London UK):

I know they have done a lot for somaliland but they are wrong to start another party what is the point the country is in bad place now. looking for recongnition and support from outside world.

Secondly there are 3 parties already in somaliland (kulmiye, Ucud and Udub)why dont they join one of them.

I think its true goverment warned them number of times but they keep ignoring it and if the goverment do not arrest them, what will other people do tomorrow.

I think somaliland has enough talks between 3 parties which is wasting lot of their time and there is no need starting another party.

Thanks you all

Ibrahim Mohamed:

Arrest of opposition politicians condemned

I am very sorry Somaliland now heads wrong direction into a mockery democracy. Jailing the up coming Qaran politician leaders can not be justified by any form of law let alone the state proclamation of keeping the peace and the national security interest. Absolutely bogus and unfounded allegation against innocent fellow citizens whose their motive was to exercise the only main articles stipulated by the basic Somaliland constitution.

Mubarig Farah:

Arrest of opposition politicians condemned

I am very sorry this is Not democracy,

Somaliland Cosntitution is allowed every 5 years to renewed political Parties and also Take part new Competition beteewen Existen Parties and New political Organizations time of Local Government Elections Accordent Constitution , read those rules 23,14

abdi gurey:

I believe that these politicians tried to register their party and they were objected by the goverment. I understand the court in Somaliland is under Udub party. So what are they left to do if the goevernment has objected to their party? All thats been shown in the media is the government warning them to not share their political views. I believe that its a complete mistake by Government and i think the majority of people hope to free them from captivity without reason. I agree with Jamal ideed’s explaination of artical(9).

Ahmed Quick:

Question to all: Is Qaran a political party or a political association? We need to understand how the Somaliland constitution differentiates between the two.

I believe one can debate about this issue whence we have a clear understanding between the two.

Waridaad

Rooble:

According to what they said, Qaran is a political party and they are running for the presidency next year. As long as they are not officially registered one cannot clearly say it is formally a political party.

Thanks

Rooble:

It is sad we worship individuals and never give a damn about the country. Somalilanders must stop moving against the constitution by supporting some wrong individuals of their clan.

The three politicians, although they are respected men but this time they are absolutely wrong. If we don’t stop such acts the recognition will never come.

^lol, i do understand why you hot under the hat.

u see this is a major problem with africans! they just wont follow a constitution!! they will put everything before their freaking clan.

Duqa, somaliland has passed a constituion where everybody voted on it including your damn clan. and it says only 3 parties can exist and no 4th or 5th. i believe that was a wise decision. Otherwise each bloody clan will have his crack-headed party.

Tell me wat part you dont understand about this rule, so i can break down for yah!!

Liibaan   

Only some people in Hargey-Burco-Barbara triangle voted for so-called constitution

There is 3 mini-factions within the clan-state of Somaliland, each mini-faction represents a sub-clan.

People of Sool have nothing to do with clan-state of Somaliland, or the 3 sub-clans factions of udub, ucid and kulmiye,

There was no constitution and no elections will take place, so there is no need to understand for a worthless rule even for somalilander let alone non-somalilander like myself

Only qabiilist people with hatred need to understand like you rude

adeer majority vote is what this world lives by..

mida kaley..your name is chief so i dont think there is no other person more clanist than u!

but then of course u fighting for clan...so wats the point having any discussion with yah??

its mood.

why u folks didnt vote...busy eating some jaat?? smile.gif ...incrediable wajey birnimo..!

Liibaan   

Originally posted by rudy:

adeer majority vote is what this world lives by..

Majority of Somali people are for United Somalia, that’s why the World supports the unity, and territorial integrity of Somalia, and rejected to recognize the clan-faction of Somaliland led by former spy of Siyaad

The former British and Italian colonies are irrelevant today,

i believe the major problems with these parties are the lack of cutting thru clan lines. u can basically circle each party and say, yup...it represents a certain clan.

Mr rude even you admitted that the 3 mini-factions of somaliland clan-state, each represent a sub-clan from Hargeysa-burco-Barbara triangle

but then of course u fighting for clan...so wats the point having any discussion with yah??

Its you who fighting for clan faction of somaliland, horaa loo yidhi ninka waalan waxa uu modaa inay dadku waalanyihiin, xaqiidu lakiin asagaa waalan

why u folks didnt vote...busy eating some jaat?? ...incrediable wajey birnimo..!

Here you have insulted an entire clan, you see its you who is qabiilist and ha ter

Its very obvious that you only know hate speech

Its better if discuss topic, ideas, instead of insulting entire clans

Well, I am not your kind, markaa kulama qasanayo

I respect all somali people regardless of clan and regional affiliation

People of Sool never took part of fake elections of somaliland clan faction because its not their business

^^^Nicely put. The Burco-Hargaysa-Berberal traingle is what is known to some as Somaliland. Riyaale has done a mighty job confusing the secssionist camp. He is arresting former SNM members as he did in his previous role as NSS chief in the Burco-Hargaysa-Berbera traingle.

Xargaga   

Nicely put. The Burco-Hargaysa-Berberal traingle is what is known to some as Somaliland.

:D:D

Its evident that the Somaliland flag is solely waving in all west Sanaag region and at the heart of ceerigabo the regional headquarters. You go to Sool All the way to the vicinity of Laas caanood. Apart from few villges in east sanaag, The town of laascanood And the remote village of Buuhodle.The Administration is in command of Significant areas of Sool and Sanaag. About Riyaale He came through the vote of the people and since he didnt live to the expectations its the people who would decide comes the next elecions.

Rooble:

I personally support the arrest of those politicians and would advise the government to put them in jail for several years.

How the hell someone can start a political campaign when his party is not even registered ? Isn’t that calling for a chaos ?? I think Dr. Gabose was paid by Eriteria to distablise Somaliland.

Those politicians have been warned many times by the government and they never listened to anyone. Now let them cry inside a cell.

There is a government and there is a constitution to be followed. Yes, Somaliland people have the right to form political parties but it should be in accordance with the law. Once they form the party it should be registered by the authorities and the electoral committee, they should have a general assembly and elect their leaders ,, that is the time they can start any political activities in the country.

Whatever people say, i believe the arrest was a good move from the government and it is a warning to the other politicians if they don’t follow the constitution.

Peace and Love

Nice put ...........

Liibaan   

Originally posted by rooble:

I think Dr. Gabose was paid by Eriteria to distablise Somaliland.

So JB you agree with rooble

Chief to be honest with, i dont know where the hell this sool place is! but if u is talking about las canod, then xidid baad ii tahay... ee xishood! smile.gif

wat do u call in af somali when a guy is gonna marry a gal from your hood!! i dunno, but here in la, we called in-laws.

mida kaley, bad mouthing Rudy, is not gonna solve this place u call sool's problem. Cararo, Riyaale couple of trucks u gad... then u be talking business.....deal.