Sign in to follow this  
A7LA-SHU

Are you ready for your turn?

A7LA-SHU   

This is another one too.. it is real eye opener for reals.. just wanna to share it with my bro n sisters here. masallamaa..

the following is from Islamcan and i thought it to be quite an eye opener...

He was a student, probably in his early twenties. I didn't know his name--I really didn't care. All I know is he was going for a lay-up while playing basketball, lost his balance and fell on the ground--flat on his back.

We thought he would shake it off and continue the game--so no one really cared. To everyones surprise, he never got up. At first a few people on his team (later everyone) went up to him but he just wouldn't reply.

CPR did no good. The ambulance personel couldn't save him from dying. The result at the ER was no better. HE WAS DEAD!

As I came home tonight, I thought to myself, it could have been me going up for that lay-up. It is very possible that I could be laying in the cold city morgue, right this minute, as I type this e-mail.

Am I ready to die? Did I communicate with Allah today? Did I perform my daily prayers? Did I seek the pleasure of Allah?

Did I treat my parents and family with respect and love? Did I give any at all in charity (sadaqa) today? How many times did I remember Allah and recount His name?

The entire day I made time to go to school, check my e-mail, read the news, chat with friends, watch TV, play basketball.......but did I even once say "Estagfirullah"? Did I ask Allah to forgive the sins that I've commited today? NO! Not once.

Did I say "Elhamdulillah" other than in my daily prayers? NO! Not once my friends. Would you like to know why? Because I was too caught up with myself and my daily activities.

Well, guess what. I could have lost my life during a lay-up in a basketball game and what do I have with me? Not a thing. Nothing that I did today do I get to bring with me to the grave. Nothing.

A few words that I could have uttered were the only things that I could have brought with me. A few words that would've taken a few seconds of concentration out of the 24 hrs. that was alloted to me.

A few cents in charity instead of cold drinks and candy bars could have saved my soul. But I insisted to continue with my careless attitude. Thank God it wasn't my turn to go, because I sure wasn't ready.

Now I close my eyes and say Elhamdulillah. Now I look back and say Estagfirullah. Now I have a different attitude. Now, I want to prepare for my turn.

Did you perform your prayers today? Did you give in charity and love? Did you ask for forgiveness yet? Do you care? I'm asking because I don't want to see you fall, knowing you aren't ready for your turn.

May the Peace and Mercy of Allah be upon us all.

Allah saved you that day for a reason.you only know why..it is in you girl.. when u find out u will be more happier than u are now...Keep in mind im not preaching to u just sharing th little i know.

they always say the crazy one is the one w/good caqli! not the liar waving kitaab and stealing from behind. beautiful words indeed sista- a must for every moslem.thz

Raxmah   

Thanks for sharing the article magnoona--its always great to remind each other about the here after. Life is too short to be wasted.

A7LA-SHU   

IM GLAD U GUYS LIKED IT. AND FOR THE ONES WHO THINK I WROTE DAT NO I DIDN'T I GOT THAT ONE AND THE OTHER POST THAT SAYS WHAT DO U SEE WHEN U LOOK AT ME. IT IS FROM THIS ISLAMIC GROUP IM MEMBER AT. SO LAST THING I WANNA DO IS TAKE CREDIT THAT DOESN'T BELONG TO ME.. SO IF ANY CREDIT WOULD BE GIVEN IT WOULD BE THE DUDE THAT WROTE IT.. I JUST WANNA TO SAY SHARE IT WITH U GUYS COZ IT WAS SO TRUE AND GOOD REMINDER..

Qac Qaac   

the knowledge and the worning we got from this article is better than, us knowing. if u wrote it or some one else. so since i can't say thanks to those ppl in the islamic group u r part of. i would say it to u. thank u