Sign in to follow this  
NASSIR

President Yusuf ''Somaliland must leave Puntland''

RedSea   

Originally posted by Goonle:

All this yapping will end when the puntland troops get to the outskirts of burao, and we have the entire city relocate to hargaisa or awdal or whatever you call it. Again not a smart move by the cousins up north, i hope civilians in burao are packing the bustos for the long trip to hargaisa.

eh...you fellows seem to have mastered the art of flip floping. You were just supporting Somaliland and xaabsade yesterday and dissing Puntland, today it's vise versa.

That is why folks like you won't get to anywhere. Maalinba meel ayaad lajirtaa just like your uncle Xaabsade.

Baashi   

Col Yey is making another mistake. There have been and still are local sub-clans and notable afar jeeble rooting for the secessionists agenda. Their grievances are known and can be addressed. Reer hebel -- their entirety according to Waxa-La-Yirri accounts -- are now on the other side. The problem is in Puntland. Secessionists have just exploited the issue.

Share ports revenues with concerned parties. It looks like the issue has to do with the control and staffing of the provincial admin. The said sub-clan and their associates have no other leverage than annulling the tribal contract. Maakhir has done just that. Puntland will cease to exist if structural issues are not dealt with.

Jacpher   

^There I had a different impression adna waxaad ku gaabsatay my cheeseburger?

Baashoow, blame it on poor leadership on PL admin. Cadde failed PL, much worst than the dark days of Ina Yusuf. The man could not run a treadmill let alone a system of governance. Ma is tiri booweyaasha aa laga xiniinyo roon yahay?

Bashi, Yusuf is clear on two things, he has the time, the muscle and the money. This is not the TFG of 2004 adeer.

Kismayu & SOOL will come into play in 2008. They were never military or even political setbacks, it was an operational setback and with Mogadishu tamed its the provinces next.

The secessionist like the group of Ahmed Dirire and Taano miscalculated.

Thus the old man's comments on Kismayu and SOOL recently highlights that he is ready to put the pressure on these areas. Its about money & power and the TFG has both.

Even the appointment of Carays as commander of the Northern Somalia army highlights that the old man is serious. For it was Col Carays who routed the secessionists five years back.

^^^ No power or Money old boy, the money is U.N. weapons are U.S. and i doubt they are in the same mind set of the old man, thus i feel its all hot talk, like your predication in 07 of what would happen in Somalia none have come to what you told all of us. The clock is ticking 1 year left lets see what happens.

Baashi   

Il Generale,

Awoowe Col Yussuf is a fool incarnate. He has no muscle nor does he have what it takes to settle conflicts. He is extremely polarizing figure that relies on barrel of the gun than common sense. Somalia needs a heeler more like statesman someone who is well versed with the art of persuasion and compromise not a bulldozer whose sole focus is to settle old scores or to get his way. He is not alone in this regard but still he tops the list. I don’t see in him the bravery you seem to bestow on the man.

Awoowe the man has been chosen by his peers -- armed strong men, warlords club if you will. They are not on his side today. The man has given once a life time political opportunity by Islamists (they had their share of spoilers but still..) with reasonable conditions. He failed on both accounts. He never wanted to deal with his fellow Somalis without having absolute power. He could have dealt with single entity that had the entire South under control -- a reasonable entity (yank white-eyed warlord from the list) with enough cloud -- if he was interested in reconstituting the lost state.

Kismayo and Sool’s problems are not G-boys and secessionists and you know it. Both cities are victim of political expediency coupled with weak and divided constituencies. Truth to be told in both cases Col. Yussuf is the problem. Unfortunately overwhelming majority of these cities supports him. I will never understand why folks go against their interests.

But I will give you this much my man: so long other folks play the same game they’ve been playing all along this guy will be the fav strong man within his constituencies. He’s smart enough to play on their emotions and tailor his speeches to that effect.

May this New Year be the year Somali conflict ends in peace. Somalia’s interest is finding a just, all-inclusive, practical, and negotiated settlement to this conflict. Col. Yey’s actions have created new grievances on top of the existing ones and on that score he is not facilitating the transition as the officer’s club that appointed him and the countries that supported him wanted to do. All he has done is complicate the situation.

Bashi, old friend while you are amongst the handfull of individuals I respect deeply on SOL. I must disagree with your somewhat simplistic arguments. I am not disapointed because your overall contribution to this site is as ever great and must be commended.

President Yusuf was given the toughest job in the world. To lead a nation that had no single institution or office in a working condition, with its capital run by 30 diffent well armed foreign financed factions. You had warlords, gangsters, teror networks, foreign rebel movements all based in Mogadishu and all very anti-governemnt. You had civilians who were armed to the teeth in every region from Gedo to Galgaduud.

The TFG had no revenue service, no civil or military or police institutions and no real outside help.

Today I would say that 80% of the main task is done Yes there are still a few issues to overcome with regards to security, but the main fight is over. the tide has turned

Its important to note for the record that the TFG, has absolute control of the capital's cash cows the sea & airport are working, the important regions of Bay, bakool, Lower Shabbele and of course Puntland as a whole are in the governemnts hands.

Its police and army are the most powerful in Somalia and its NSS is working overtime to grab the bad guys, from Goobanle, Cirfo to Ahmed Diriye they are being rounded up.

This is a remarkable achievement. From having nothing to at least the foundations of state institutions to leave the next admin whatever that maybe and who ever may be at its helm.

As for "reconciliation" who wanted to hold talks? Qaynyare, Barre Hiiraale, Xasan Dahir or the Al-Shebaab clowns? Remmeber the Sudan talks, who broke them? Who attacked Baioda and who refuses to concede defeat? ;)

Was it not the TFG that held the national conference in Mogadishu which took 45 days and which all clans participated in, people said it could not be done, it was. The Al-Shabaab, the Asmara group the secessionists are the ones calling for war

Adeer its nice to talk of "bridge building" and "diplomacy" and a "non polarising" figure.

The examples of a Mandela or Ghandi is all swell, I to admire Mandela and Ghandi, however both had the South African national institutions and the Raj to inherit. We have none. My arguments has always been simple lets build the foundations and then we will give it to our own Ghandi & Mandela. Somalia needs a strong leader and Yusuf has proven t50.

Adeer Somalia's government does not work in a vacume, its actions and policies are a reflections of and impacted upon by internal as well as external mechanisams that effect the country.

Who armes these factions? The NGO's and their role, the diaspora and the big fat cats

I remmeber you predicted in 2004 when he was elected that Yusuf would attack the lower Shabbele

This was wrong, he never attacked anyone, and was attacked. Thus now your new comments seem as wrong today as your old ones were then. Yusuf has devied expectation and his enemies calculations. Thus far its those who were the agressors, the wolves who pretend to be the victims or the sheep.

Old man don't take my words as anymore than refutting your thread.

I have no interest or apetite to take on old Bashi, god only knows the man is far to strong for me, I admit. ;)

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

quote: Interim President of Somalia Abdullah Yusuf Ahmed says
Somaliland
troops must leave the
Somali territories
they have captured.

Recognition at last.
:D
Does that mean the flag has been raised and hung up on your living room wall? Opportunist fooqal opportunist :D

NGONGE   

^^ It's fluttering on my roof now. :D

ps

(Just in case it all goes belly up, I'm keeping the blue one under the bed for now).

N.O.R.F   

^^If you're trying to impress the Duke who may just recommend you for that post in Peru, I doubt you will be packing your bags for South America anytime soon saxib :D

ps I also doubt that you got up on your roof :D