Sign in to follow this  
Nazra

What Are You.... Girls Studying OR Studied?

Nazra   

I'm curious what many of you chicks are studying...that's if you are studying.

Or what have you studied.

Well I'm doing Bachelor of Nursing/Commerce.

It's a double degree. It's been a new course lately... i thought i should give the business thing a go. It's been a struggle but rewarding and hopefully looking into going into medical surgery wards...that should be fun.. yet challenging. smile.gif

I have this big pressure in my family, so i can't really get married until i'm on my last year or after graduation. I'm young i see no rush though i have plans to be with my baby! :( but education has been a big priority for my family and i'm thankful to have an educated mum/family(mostly) who actually got me here.

x_quizit   

Im doing a major in Equity and a minor in Sociology...Ive taken pretty interesting courses, such as african studies, caribbean studies, Near and Middle eastern, and social inequality to name a few....one more year and freedom!!!! Hopefully, work with the disadvantaged, crisis hotlines, some sort of social work...we'll see what Tdot has to offer. Its great that u have a family that supports ur education, and im in that boat as well, it will only make u stronger and better as an individual and when its time for u to marry. Two heads are better than one right? Good Luck!

X_Quisit: I thought African Studies was the coolest class that I've ever taken!!!!

Finishing up my freshman year as an Air Traffic Major...with a Business Administration Minor....I like it icon_razz.gif

Nazra   

I'm not sure if there's a topic done on this for the sister's :confused: (been on a long vacation),but thanks for repeating ur self.

Earlier this year i myself had to go to an early childhood care center to observe a child's development and pick any abnormalities and apply theory knowledge on so called piaget's theory(i'm sure your familiar with it) and other concepts.

The work placement was horrible. As i arrived to do my eight-hour shift at 7am, it was quite...laid back. Just met the staff and got familiar with the place. Later on the day, all the kids were on my back, so quick of them to memorise my name.

There was this lil girl who is self obessed, came to me and told me my hair is beautiful and she liked to try on my pink clip as she... touches it. I looked at here and told "no"...The next thing i knew...her face was pink/red with tears and she was screaming her lungs off.

How embarrasing all of the staff were starring at me. I ended up giving her my hair clip that i just bought that weekend :mad: . But she's the most beautiful girl yet self-absorbed with herself.

I was reading ten books in a row for bunch of kids who requested it on demand :( . While at the last book one of the lil boy comes to give me a hug and put his head on my chest... :eek: .

Was it awful or what....

My first day was much of disaster and when i came home i realised i'm never ever gonna work in pediatrics,(working in the kids ward) as well as coming home to my own kids(that would be stress, and requires alot of patience).

I don't know how U will manage.

After my three days, things got better. I actually enjoyed it. I was playing with the kids, reading books and relaxing. On my last day, it was quite sad cause i came attached to the girls and the lil boy i choose to observe.

I bought my camera along to take pictures and bought then books as gifts. It turned out to be the best work experience...,receiving good comments by the staff :D .

anywayz Thanks x quitz, your right on. Social work, should be quite interesting meeting different ppl and working with them. Good luck with it.

so what are you gonna get out of this air traffic/business administration? in terms of occupation sista. I've never seen any chick going into this area....what does it really involve?

..through with all the headaches...sleepless nights..last minute revision quizz..those were the days...Now is pay time :D

studied Computing, working as a programmer.

Blessed   

^^ feels you girl!

I've studied Education and Community Studies (with Psychosocial Studies as a minor)

I works as a Youth / Community Worker + Learning Mentor... and loving it!

What I really want to go into is Educational Development - but that costs money (8G) and time 2 years .. so am gonna leave it till I live life, have some babies etc......

if they don't wear me out that is lol

HONEY-D   

I went through the same experience when i was at college doing child development. The first 2 days was the hardest and the thing that used to upset them most was getting their names wrong, how was i suppose to remember them all in just 2 dayz. I really enjoyed been there and the thing that i miss the most is the endless hugs i used to get. :D

I'm studying Business adminstration and Politics its joint degree and i'm loving every minute.

Raxmah   

^^I bet u ladies are glad you are done!

I'm studying Health Administration (minor in health development)...Still going thru the same routine of sleepless nights...paper revision…and exams every darn week. :mad:

Can’t wait until I’m done and take a whole year worth just going where ever I want to go. :cool:

Miriam1   

Raxmah way cool!!! lol..i would love to go into health adminstration for my graduate school, doing Health Studies..now for my undergrads as my second major my first major is International development studies,

I always hated the idea of taking managment classes i just cant stand that...but i guess u have to push to get what you want

Nazra   

It's good to see, a handful of sista's striving for their best to get that higher education.

It's quite interesting how some of you guys actually surprised me with doing computing (programmer) :eek: and business admin.

Good Idea, Ameenah ;)