Sign in to follow this  
Cyber_Nomad

Qabiil is a Sickness or a Characteristic of Somali society

First thing im a new member in SOL, I must say I was pleasantly surprised with how highly informed and refined members here are.

I know there have topics made over this particular subject, but they were almost fall in the category of renouncing Qabiil, so I thought a neutral topic is needed to better grasp the matter in hand.

Qabiil is considered by most Somali Intellectuals as the main reason behind all the troubles Somali society faces today, to get rid of it is the only solution for them to be able to prosper, all modern society were at some point tribes but they managed to move on and evolve into Civilizations.

Yet Qabiil is interwoven with the Somali culture that all attempts to get rid of it or ignore it have failed utterly, and the fact that today countries consisting of different tribes and clans that live peacefully can be interpreted as Qabiil being a tool that can be used for good or bad.

So if you believe that Qabiil is a Sickness what is your proposed remedy for it?

but if you believe Qabiil is an essential character of the Somali people then what methods and procedures do you propose to employ it for the greater good?

Faheema.   

Welcome to SOL bro/sis.

I don't think it's as clear cut as that. Qabiil can be described as both a disease and a force for good. It just depends on the individuals understanding and rationale.

Unfortunately it has become a terminal disease for most.