Sign in to follow this  
Elysian

Zenon's paradox

Cara.   

Sorry saxiib, even bucket-loads of coconut oil won't come close to that statement for sheer shukaansi power.

Me no Filosofeer...and I do not know muich about This Zennon dude...but a quick glance tells me that this happens only if they are running in circle, init? so the speedy gonzalez aka Achilles can never pass the turtle...If they are not running in a circle then... I think it works like this - - - for every step the turtle took Achilles has to cover the same distance he covered before the turle took the step plus the new step..and it goes perpetually....

<--Takes another sip from his shaah cadeys noting to himself " Zennon Paradox my seeysar" :D

JB...Khayr is well advance using the Zennon Paradox..You will never pass him in this art!

Cheers

Of course paradoxes exist only in language. There's no such thing as "paradox" in the real world and that is because for something to be "paradoxical" entails that particular something being self-contradictory. Now, practically everyone can readily discern self-contradictory equals untrue. So, therein lies the intractable difficulty in solving supposed real-world problem that only exist in language. It's chasing rainbows stuff.

This "paradox" has been around for nearly 2500 years with no resolution and you can toy with it, rack your brains for another 2500 years to no avail. Don't be misled into thinking that just because some so-called "philosopher" farted this "paradox" that it warrants, on that account alone, any serious consideration. Self-proclaimed "philosophers" have kept up this charade of mistaking their poetry for profundity for ages but we shouldn't repeat their mistakes. Especially 2500 years later when we know (or should know) better.