Sign in to follow this  
sofine

ONE NATION DEBATE?

Pacifist   
Originally posted by Xu:

Islam is perfect, people however are not.

I would say that the problem isn't religion. Somalia is has a higher precentage of practising muslims than most muslim countries (last time I checked, it was around 98%), yet it is one of the most divided.

The problem is the qabiils, and apparently there is this hate between the tribes that must have been festering for centuries.

Brother Xu

Islam teaches to love your neighbor and your family etc Islam is peace.If We don't lack the principles of islam then why is the neighbor next to you or your fellow somali using Qabil?

Brother we are lacking the fundamentals of our faith. Walahi i think the Answer is pretty simple Religion. Yes there are some ppl who would like to see a secular or a theocratic somalia but with out Islam as a base

Assalamu Alaikum

Sister Soline as long there are people like you i have hope.

A question for all of you

How much do you think you can achieve by yourself??

I think a lot, if we all say well i can't do much then nothing absolutely can be accomplished. Its takes someo one like you and me to change somalia seriously

am actually working on a project about that inshallah i will keep you posted when things start running..

salaam peace and love

I'm not saying that constructing a state according to the principles of Islam wouldn't be beneficial, but that most likely it wouldn't work, only because people are much too caught up in their petty conflicts for it to ever work.

Once people have learned that tribes are just names and mean absolutely nothing, then they would be in the frame of mind to accept that every muslim is their brother or sister, not their enemy.

And in this case, I would be a 'sister'. smile.gif

Pacifist   

right on xu sorry for calling you a brother

abayo macaan ;)

It is very crucial that we engage ourselves in matters concerning our religion into our daily live that also means our country.

My dear sister I commend you on your pursuit to find a solution to the Somali problem. However, I must say that I disagree with your U.N type of system. Somalia is like any other country and for it to be recognized must have a president. The international community will not support this idea because is unorthodox. A country with a flag must have a president. We can discuss what type of system that we can undertake. For example I live in Canada and what you’re trying to say is more compatible to their system. Instead of each region in Somalia having a president, it can have representatives in the parliament. Each region will utilize its resources and have deferent ways of doing things, although, we are in one country and under one presidency.

Somalis have more unifying factors than divisive elements. They share one religion, one Madhab (school of thought), one language, one culture…etc. We should use this to our advantage and bring back the legacy of Somalia. How can we do this? Well…we can start from Grass root education, so that the average Somali person understands the importance of a country and not fall into tribal bigotry.

I'm not saying that constructing a state according to the principles of Islam wouldn't be beneficial, but that most likely it wouldn't work, only because people are much too caught up in their petty conflicts for it to ever work.

Innalhamdulillah...Wa salamu alaykum wa rahmatullah

Ajeeb...how some people seek solutions other then Islam...As if Islam failed them!...for those Pessimist ...Start with ur self... change what's in you first...Leave the rest for Allah...Surely non can guide be He!

Salafi,

Do you know that Islam does not have a system of governance? There are guidelines, rules, regulations and laws that need to be implemented in an Islamic government. However, leaving things with Allah does not make sense and is not the advice of his messenger (s.a.w). Relying on him (Tawakul) is the proper thing to do but we must tie our camels and look for our provisions.

Fore example, when the messenger (s.a.w) died he did not appoint someone to succeed him, however, Abu Bakr when faced with same situation decided to choose and he selected Omar Bin Al-Khatab. For Omar he did not choose nor select anyone after him. He had a committee made up of six of the best Sahab's choose among themselves. As you can see there are different approaches in choosing and selecting one that should be head of state.

Innalhamdulillah..>Wa Salamu alaykum...

Do you know that Islam does not have a system of governance?

What do u mean by this sentence..Care to expand on it more!

As for Abu Bakr Being the First Khalifah...It was not necessary for the Messenger of Allah to appoint him as such! Everyone knew abu Bakr's status,and how the Messenger saas Praised and spoke of ABu Bakr's virtue! EVen Umar Said HE competed with Abu Bakr in everythign and never beat him...HIs Status spoke for himself...As for the rest of the Companions they knew that no on was better then Abu Bakr to lead them...then Abu bakr Chose Umar..Then Umar CHose Six of them...why? cause they were all suitable for the position...All those six where guaranteeed Paradise while still alive by the messenger of Allah...So it was irrelevant who Became Khalifah after him...since they were all qualified to be one...Also...As for choosing a leader...the sunnah has also covered this aspect of Islam...Give me few days to find the correct documents! there is a system for electing a leader.

why do people make claims when they truly have no knowledge. I mean do you just get up in the morning n tell urself today i feel like refuting 1000 years of history. i wish i had my own country i would shoot anybody who said anythang ****** or tried to bring innovations to islam.