Sign in to follow this  
miles-militis

Somali Gangs

WingA   

back in London, Woolwich to be exact from 97-01 there was alot of fighting and trust me it was alot.. i dont know if u can call it gang but we had to defend ourselfs from the black, whites and other coz we were getting bullied and beat up so we had to defend ourselfs and it worked.. we beat up anyone who tried anything.. we would go out every friday and saturday night looking to smash them up for months of bullying and abuse.. this happened until we finally grew up and moved on with our lives but the younger generation is doing the total opposite.. they look for fights to get a name and be famous in there area or something and a few of them have gone to jail for stabbing, robbing and drug-dealing..

now, i get the feeling they are living of the respect we earned for the community in a wrong way.. last summer b4 i went to somalia, there was so much drama and the police didnt help either..

i wonder what the future holds for my young brothers and sister.. the "hip-hop, rap" thing is going to far into our culture if it exists..

salaams..

N.O.R.F   

^^^i remember seein at programme on London gangs, the Woolwich boys were on there, the programme highlighted how there was alot of beef between Somalis and ni**ers (parle vou francias)down in the south east. You guys had beef wiv the Lewisham crew innit?

Yeah, maaaan kick dem fu fus outta here,,,,

I wudnt say i was ever involved in a gang but the mid-late nighties was my 'crazy' days if u like, in certain parts of Sheff these days, no one will bother you cos yr Somali, the older generation cemented that. Now u have the same prob with the kids,,,

Tuujiye   

walaahi to be honest guys ottawa is now by far the worst place of all. somali kids here are outta control we have somali guys pimpin somali gals, we have little 17 and 18 year olds that are buying houses from crack money ,selling any possible drug known to the human race calling them self's king pins. parents have got it really bad out here

sad sad sad and once again ...sad.

I blame the soamli parents and also western culture.

these kids would be better off in somalia, don't u guys think? @ least in somalia we still have respect left for our parents, but in here parents are affraid to do anything to their own child, coz the police n social services are going to get involved.

it's a real shame how somalis turned out to be in western countries.

Sirrus   

Don't really know, who to feel bad for. The destitutes back home, or the misguided in the diaspora. One thing is for sure, I am sick and tired of people like you passing judgment, as if allah granted you a special power to do so. Rudy and Nin-yaban, if you have nothing constructive to say nor a solution to the problem, keep your two cent judgements to yourself.

They are Lost in Translation, the fact of matter is we have lost two generation so far due to civil war and how many else are we awaiting before this non-sense has to come to stop........

I don't see as a threating issue that faces our communities abroad for the long term, infact it's a short term ordeal that can be solved as time elapses.... As they get older and more mature they find themselves in the wrong path and they realize they have being misguided from the get go...

Peice

Love &

Unity

Jaabir   

i dont think MPLS is that drastic.. i would really watch out for Columbus, OH though... that place is crazy and dangerous as hell ..u just cant predict what the faraah’s are carrying in their pockets..