Sign in to follow this  
Dhimbil

Somali Bantu: Free At Last ! ;)

Illmatic,

OMG :eek: Making it to the front page of a newspaper from 1 single city makes ALL of Somalis influential?

Does this mean if I rob a store and make it to the front page, I will be considered influential???? :confused:

Dhimbil   

Opinion

I was giving you the newspaper comment as an example of popularity and the attention somalis get, whether it is negative or positive.

Walaashiis, Influencial just means having a significance, an impact et. Now, in my state, you can...

-go to class and have a somali Prof/Teacher,

- go to Medical office and have somali doctor and nurses,

-go to grocery and get your halal/other produce from a somali,

-go shopping to your choice of the few somali shopping malls,

-go to the governors office and speak with his aid, who is somali,

-you need insurance, talk to the somali agent,

-you need a loan for a car or maybe a house? talk to xaliimo at bank so and so,

-stay tuned to channel 6 on TV on fri/sat and get your somali songs, news, current events,

-get new somali movies in theater near you,

-not to mention numerous newspapers coming out weekly.

Thus, you will admit somalis are self sufficient and any community that is self reliant has some kind of dominance and influence. Add all that to public figures running for public office campaigning at your local somali community center and you know old rich white folk would have nothing to do with somalis, unless the needed something from them (votes,oops). ;)

anyways, the reason why i made that comment about whites being behind this bantu. Because whites envy any immigrant thats doing good, they see us as taking something from them. So, i wouldn't be surprised if they fabricate something to discredit somalis, like owning slave lies.

Also, why are you hype about this?..any somali would say masha allah to a such accomplishment in a short time.

btw. did you read "how i changed from self hating somali" article...its a good read indeed.

-----------------

ATTENTION: Nomads, if you need more info about Somalibantu visit Somalibantu.com

adios

Buubto   

Aslaamu aleikum WR WB

I never heard somali Bantu term b4 who r they & where they live mainly. I hate to be racist but do u guys mean the mushunguli ppl that immigrated from Kenya 50 & above years ago ? These are the only people I could think of, may be referred to that term.

WARDEE let me hola at chu

to start off with the wise words of an old somalian saying"

"qoodha iyo xedheda'"dee hade

one point opinionated you got your issues str8 after that post from BROTHER ILLMATIC holla at cho boi..

we influentialingy to the fullest yaah.. yeah

anywayz this bullish bout somalis being racist and whatnot towards other somalis with different physical appearances is news to me man. i've heard something like this from our lightskinned counterparts. but not the bantus or bantis' or what not we all somalis man. if you claim me i' claim you if you don't claim the star in the blue background for which i keep laid on my past present and future then in that case i can't help you .. i strayed too far from the topic time for some sleep goodnight nomadz..

wun luv...

ILLMATIC MINNIFAB SNAPPIN ain't chu HOLLA WUN

Dhimbil   

Buubto and OG-girl

Somalibantu are the somali jareer, and some refer them as manshunguli, i know that is derogatory terms, but i don't know how else to explain them.

Tenacious_J
"qoodha iyo xedheda'"dee hade

loooool, i hvn't heard that word for a long time.