Sign in to follow this  
Khayr

Who in here.........

Khayr   

Who in here grew up in the West and has grown in a single family home???

I grew up here in the Western Hemisphere and was raised by a single parent.

I had read in the papers a few weeks ago that most of the somali homes in my city are mostly single mother families.

Where are all the men?

Do you think that these modern day western societies are to blame for breaks up within somali families?

Thats a good question you poss Kahyr..........and where ever they have been (if the family unit has been re-united), and there absence, 4 whatever reason, has made things much much harder for and the single mothers who, in some instances are totally alone, with no other relatives, to looking after 3-4-perhaps 5+ children.

I think i wouldnt be guilty of generalizing if i suggested that there presence, or lack of, to be more accurate, has lead to a lot of the problems for our younger somali's. for the obvious reason.

Blessed   

nimanku badankoodu gurayaha ayeey joogaan.

Laakin, they don't take an active role in bringing up the ciyaal and supporting their families.

Single motherka la sheegtana waa iska sheeko loo dhisay DSSta sidey reerku u helaan free rent, caydh money etc.... 8/10 ninku guriga wuu jooga .... but this system lets some morons get away from their responisilibities.

Haday naagtiisu u ogashahay maxaa laga qaban karaa?

I guess I lot of ppl also suffer from culture shock... so don't take my comments at insults directed at men ....