Sign in to follow this  
Mr Somaliland

THE PROBLEM FACING YOUNG SOMALI TEENAGERS

shyhem   

Who cares about somali youths anyway,afterall aren't we the folks who destroyed a whole nation and still hold the guininess book of world record for been the nation without a goverment for ten or more years

Blessed   

Originally posted by Shyhem:

Who cares about somali youths anyway,afterall aren't we the folks who destroyed a whole nation and still hold the guininess book of world record for been the nation without a goverment for ten or more years

Why must every discussion on society end with a debate about Somalia political situation. We are not bloody reponsible for what happened to Somalia so please take it to odayaasha!

If you haven't noticed walaalo, the brother was talking about the youth in the diaspora. The Somali youth beisng discussed here are proprely your cousins, brothers, sisters, neighbours..... shame that you don't care :rolleyes:

Northerner.

Great. We have a few volunteers (students)working with youth clubs in my area.

There is now a girls group and some of the brothers are starting something up for the boys.

But it would be nice if the organisations that were supposed to do sort of thing took it upon themselves :mad:

Originally posted by Ameenah:

But it would be nice if the organisations that were supposed to do sort of thing took it upon themselves :mad:

That will be the day. I find the total lack of interest in child/youth development by our supposed "representatives" (i.e. Somali communities) very disturbing.

That will be the day. I find the total lack of interest in child/youth development by our supposed "representatives" (i.e. Somali communities) very disturbing.

True. If you told me 5 yrs ago that i would be thinkin of being @ the fore-front of the efforts to better my local somali communty i would have told you that your we having a laugh. But thats the position that i may find myself soon.

To put it bulntly no one from the older generation gives a S*** about the somali youth, certainly in my area anyway and presumable in most areas too. why? well i dont no and am not interested in waiting on the answer.

I have watched with admiration and some guilt i might add. somali youth as young as 17 organize themselves, and host sporting activites. If they can do this so successfully then am sure with some small encouragement, and some role models (especially for the very youg ones 10-16) they sky would be the limits for the Achievment and Improvement.

Did someone said who cares about the Somali youth. MY GODNESS. What We have here is youth Somali generation that possible facing a huge disaster in their way of life. (scary) but what really frights me is this. PICTURE THE CHILDREN THIS YOUTH WILL HAVE. (next generation) total devastation. I am a member of organization, which was informed by few college student. Now we have a large number of college student members. Our main goal is not to judge our youth just because they talk or walk different ways but to educate them and give them a moral support. We put a lot of young dropout Somalis back to school and some of the into colleges. So if anyone is interesting of how to approach the Somali youth. Please contact me.