Sign in to follow this  
Haashim

Corrupt state or Stateless?

Haashim   

Assalaamu calaykum Nomads,

As we know since our independent we had two goverments (1960 - 1969) and (1969 - 1991), the first one was democratic government with corruption and the 2nd was dictatorship with corruption.

But the last 12 years we experienced not only dictatorship, corruption etc but also genocide, seperation, mass killing and mad warlords.

So, from 1960 we were going down, from bad to worse, each successor regime was worse than his predecessor until we reached the peak of destruction.

In this situation many somalis arguing corrupt state is better than stateless, saying it's impossible somalia to have a justice and democratic government because as it was already said THE CORRUPTION IS OUR JOB. (SOOMAALI MUSUQMAASUQ WAA MEHERADOODEE ..) they're saying we're in DILEMMA corrubtion without killing or corruption with killing and stateless?

ARE THEY RIGHT OR YOU'RE SAYING EITHER JUSTICE GOVERNMENT OR STAELESS OR YOU'VE ANOTHER SOLUTION?

LACNADI HA KU DHACDO DAALIMIINTA IYO KUWA KABAHA U QAADABA, MASE LA YAABTEEN KUWA ISKA AAMUSAN IYO KUWA MARKII LA SOO GAARO UUN QAYLIYA.

Dalni   

As Somalis say "Dowlad xumi Dowlad laan bay dhaantaa". There is future in anarchy/liberteranism and absolute Freedom. My believes are that, there cannot never be any stabilty except if there is a certain system in place, corrupt or not. Corruption is minor compared to STATLESSNESS, where ever there is no government there is not corruption at all. I'd rather have a corrupt state than uncorrupt warlords.

jaaluut   

as wadani said, i totally agree with him that "a bad government is better than no government"

corruption is not part of our fabric, but rather an accepted value.

killing, rapping ,and displacing innocent people is alot more worse than living under a corrupt state.

Haashim   

If u look our potential leaders who are now gathering in kenya, U would prefer stateless untill we see FARJ ALLE, because we wouldn't be better off than we're now.

ALLOOW DAALIMIINTA NAGA QABO.

Liqaye   

when one talks about being stateless, one must also take in to account how he became thus.

a state however rudimentary, unjust or, corrupt is preferable to what is now known as somalia.

Violence is what we can not live under, not the infinite possibilities of...yes even corruption.

It's really anoying when people use terms that they don't actually understand. The absence of a government doesn't make the states disappear. Govts go and come but the states are always there so we are not a stateless but we need a govt.

Paragon   

Muraad,

The ones gathering in Edoret are not even a corrupt government sxb. They are just feuding thugs that only control the society by means of fear and torture. They cannot be classified as any kind of state. When I argued with my lecturer that Somalia should be classified as an Anarchist state --- he said NO! coz he claims Somalia has a weak state not a system of liberterianism!

Some people believe that Somalis are now suffering any chaotic warlords who have taken the mandate of the state - so they call it a weak state -- but i dont think it should be called a state of any sort, be it even a corrupt state.