Sign in to follow this  
khadar01

why do we want to side with arabs agains the western countries

Baashi   

Your excellency Mr. Jr.,

We, the nomads, r very grateful of all those who helped us in trying times. Nomads have clear understanding as who is in power or the power structure in this world.

At this age and time, we r not in position of lending hand to those who r in need as we got more problems than any1 out there. But if the point is whether we should be giving a moral support to those who r oppressed, occupied, or threatened by a power that is more sophistacated, resourceful, and advanced than them..then the answer is we should do that as it is the right thing to do.

That aside, the Arabs r special case for many reasons. But let's say that there has been and will be a distinction between those who attained power by illigitimate means(aristocracy, monarchy, totalitarian, authoritarian and wat not) and masses whose aspirations r denied and suppressed. Most arab governments r not legitimate authorities that represent their masses and any grievences that we might have wit them should be put in that context.

We got alot in common: religion, culture. We r neighbors. We have ties that go back centuries. Our language is a mix of cushitic and semitic (e.g. every letter that starts "kh" is arabic in origin). There are tribes that beleif that they have familial lineage with arabs. Taking all that in consideration, nomads are aware their priorities and they r prudent in their debate on this issue.

Mr. Jr it is u who need to seive through the dirt in ur foriegn policy. The arrogance and double standards in ur foreign policy is a clear to the kids let alone veterans.

It is ur call who u should invade and why but if u r consulting with nomads then sit back and try to see the way things are and don't let undue influences guide u forever.

Ladiif   

Khadar, Sorry to say this, but it seems that till now you haven't yet figured out the motives and the reasons behind the helping hands of the western countries. You r blindfolded by this and thought westerners could do you a good. You even dared to take side of the "KUFAARS". How could you? Just arabs did not help you in times of adverses is a very weak, lame and ill reason to betray your brothers in Islam. Don't be narrow-minded brother. It is not about helping, it's about Believers and disbelievers. Its upto you to choose your side, because you only have infected mind and could do no good for us (MUSLIMS) untill u get rid of that twisted mind. How long will you be sleeping? Forever, because you been around the westerners to figure them out if you were paying attention.....I am lossing it brother so I have kill it right here ask ALLAH to guide you and all of us to the righteous path. Amiin...

Gabbal   

Khadar

I'm curious though. Not about your saying we should support Isreal or the U.S, but your saying that Isreal was the first to vote for our independence.

Do you not know that as of 1950, Somalia was a UN Trusteeship and that we were schedule for our independence 10 years before 1960. When Italy lost its territories after WWII, all its colonies {Eritrea, Somalia, and Libya} were handed over to the UN. Eritrea was federated with Ethiopia, Libya was given independence, because it was ready for it, and the Somalis opted for a trusteeship to prepare them for independence.

TIIMBARO   

The reason why we mostly side with the Arabs is that there is this historical connection that bonds Arabs and the Somalis, there's also the religious factor which in my mind is the deciding factor of the strong pro Arabians phenomenon. I don't know if you know this but the Somalis identify themselves more with the Arabs than they do with their fellow Africans, it's always been that way. I don't see that changing anytime soon.