Sign in to follow this  
Alisomali

Listen Up Somali People

Aids is ripping through Africa in a way that even colonialism did not. So I wonder what percent of Somalis have AIDS. I know the answers are going to be that "we somalis are Muslim" and as such we don't have the same sexual practices as non-Muslim Africans. But how do you know? How do you know that your brother or Aunt or Uncle does NOT have AIDS. Especially in the West in which many Somalis have sexual activities contrary to the teaching of Islam. So my question is how does one know to what extant AIDS is hurting Somalis. Other African peoples know it and they are atleast trying to combat it.

Yazmina   

Hey Ali,

Interesting topic, Well first and foremost only allah knows how many % of somali's have this disease. It's true that aids did not used to exist in Somalia, but sadly now it does. I know that some somali's in western Countries are involved in un lawful acts but they will soon face allah's questioning.

I believe espeacially the men, seem to think that it is ok to sleep around and some of them even boast about it refering to themselves as MEN.

AIGHT

PEACE/LOVE

YAZMINA

Hibo   

HEy...

well.. i am an "expert" in this topic in that iam really interested in AIDS and i did a couple of personal researches!

what i found out is that 1 of 5 people who die in africa, sub -saharan africa to be precise dies of AIDS..and over 2/3rds of the adults are infected with this deadly disease.

as for somalia( and many muslim countries).the number is at minimal.. as for the lastest world report on AIDS, somalia had less than 2000 ppl infected with AIDS..

however if you wanna know more on AIDS.. go to www.unaids.org and u will be shocked to see the numbers..these people are really dying...and they never listen!..something has to be done!

------------------

I LOVE ME FOR ME