Sign in to follow this  
Hibo

Education: Is there a relationship between the JABARTIS of eritria and Darod JABARTI?

Hibo   

I often wondered and was puzzled to hear and read about the history of the JABARTIS of Eritrea and the JABARTI ismaciil of Somalia. There is a striking match of the two JABARTIS, regardless of appearance, JABARTIS of eritrea trace their origin back to arabia especially Qureish(some of them) just as the darod JABARTI of Somalia. I am not darod myself but this resemblance has given me a new insight of the origins of the SOMALIS. I have long believed that the name SOMALI came to exist not long ago, and that the name somali is a combination of different people of either from arabia or even africa.

do you have any suggestions?

[This message has been edited by MrJibriiL (edited 03-22-2002).]

[ February 26, 2003, 03:29 AM: Message edited by: Admin ]

Baydan   

Mr.Jibril

First of all let me tell you that I'm glad your topic of interest have taken another route..U've tired & over obused that somali-women threat(about 7pg? lol). Now now dear no need to get your back all up and stiff..this is just your annoying Baydan..incase you havent noticed i'm a little acentric biggrin.gif and this is how I show love wink.gif

back to topic

I'm rendered speechless to be truthful I wasnt aware Eritreans claimed to be people of Jabarti ancestory..But then I've always thought Eritreans were "lost" Somalis that somehow generations of inter-marriage with the xabashis and other ethiopian clans gradually became separate entity. So who knows could be...

Hibo   

first of all, i guess no somali is arab. i never heard this other jabarti, maybe they just share the name.

Ive often wondered the same thing about Daroad jabarti and the tribe jabarti of Eritrea. This girl was the only East African in Nanaimo along wiht my family and I. I use to think she was Somali becuase people often mistakend us for sisters and she resembled one of my aunts until one day she told me she was Eritrean and was jabarti. So if you figure out that there is a realation let me know.

I am an Ertirean Jabarti but I have lived in Somalia, with my fellow Somalis had done a research in the 1980s and there were clear evident that all the Jabarti people have descended from one father and that is JABARTI. For example Darod Ismail descended from Ismail Jabart who lived in the 13th Century. whose graveyard is in present day yemen.

The Jabartis today live in Somalia, Eritrea, Yemen, they are also found in North African countries such as Egypt and Libya.

If you need more information about Jabartis please vivist http://www.jeberti.com though this website is mainly for Eritrean Jabartis it also give information about Jebertis around the world

Bin Jabarti

Hibo   

BinJabarti

Thank you very much for taking sometime off to asnwer to my questions.

I always had the feeling that Jabartis of Eritrea and the Jabartis of Somalis have an ancestral connections but i couldn't prove it so. Now that there is a site than i can get the information necessary, i hope to complete the Jabarti puzzle. I am tracing back every Somali major clan to where it may have decended from to understand Somalis better. Darods clain to be arabs.

Hibo   

thanks bin jabarti that helped a lot and by the way welcome to somaliaonline

Gabbal   

BinJabarti-

I just figured that out too. The Darood clan and the Eritrean jabartis might be related. I had no idea, now I have to question my whole identity. But there are a lot of other Jabartis.

But first I'm a Muslim. Then Somali. Then Darood. Then Marehaan.

Thats how every Somali person should divide his loyalties and to what part of him/she should work for first. First a Muslim. Then Somali, and so on.

Haneefah   

Salam

So are u guyz serious about this thing that Daroods have descended from arabs?...i mean i always thought it was some lame story some ppl made up when they didn't know our real roots. So then where are the other somalis from...like the Dir ppl?

About the Eritrians, it's actually quite surprising to hear that we have common ancestors...no wonder they always mistaken me for one of them...i guess from now on i won't be so offended when they do. ;)

Horn, couldn't agree with u more sweety, indeed Islam comes before anything!

Haneefah   

Horn...thanks dear, it was quite an informative site although i didn't have enough time to read it all. smile.gif

Ladiif...so? lol, do u want us all to stand and give u a big salute smile.gif