Sign in to follow this  
Jaber

Only in Uganda!

Jaber   

Single Ugandan taxi driver Ahmadah Ntale,25,went against tradition,inviting women to offer him a dowry for marriage;400 responded,one offering 10 cows!! war hayaaaaay

And am thinking to myself,Why can't Somali men demand the same from their women folk,perhaps its time they turn the tables upside down,let all of the Somali taxiilayaal demand justice today not tomorrow,its time to change that centuries old tradition of men always having to foot in the whole bill!

Let freedom rain.

Hibo   

Lol.. Jaber it sounds like u r in for this marriage deal.. but somehow its "Jiq" when it comes to the expense...don't worry brotha we will help...just call!!

------------------

"All colors of the heavenly rainbow

can be found through ever nation...

When all these colors are blended,

black become God's greatest creation"

Pig   

Jaber, saaxiib, taas anigaa mar hore sameeyey. 100 geel ah ayaa hadda ii joogta ooy keentay Cidda gabadha aan ka qabo. Waan ka dhaartay inaan gabadhooda guursado hadyasan 100 geel ah keenin...deedna iyagoo geelii cayrinaya uunbay hawd iigu yimaadeen. Hadana DIRIDHAWA oo ah meeshaan joogo duleedkeeduu geelii daaqaa. Markaa dumarka waa in ay iyagu lacagtooda wataan waxa hadda laga bilaabo. Sheekadii way is bedeshay. Ragii wuu yaraaday.

Hibo   

Yaa Jaber, keep dreaming brother. I suggest you get cracking at that saving for that sister I'm sure you have your eye on. Dont think she's going to pay you even 2 cents.

Jaber   

Hibo

You got it all wrong sister,its not me who's worried about money or "Jiq" as you put it,on the contrary I save for a rainy-day,apparently,that rainy-day is a Somali-chick!.....Another thing Hibo,I couldn't count on you for a bag of xalwo on Eid-day,what makes a brother believe that you will back him up when that rainy-day,finally arrives?!

Qawdhan

Saxiib,you're lucky ee xagaa ka wad hawsha,does she have any sisters???

LF&Rahiima

I might be a dreamer,some dreams do come true,perhaps,I got carried away with my dream,but,I was thinking of the thousands and thousands of Somali guys who work like a dog so Miss.Haliimo Faarax can have the wedding of her dreams that is better than Asha's wedding and not below Zaynab's!!

So.Tell me something young-ladies,are you all waiting on him to buy you everything?

Whatever happened to that "Independent-woman"??!!

Or is it part-time independent and full-time waryaa-abuser?....Its allright though,some women are woth it.

My ultimate point is,that money could be better spent on something else,save it,send it to your needy ones,we all know you chicks get a big fat "NOTHING" while the male members of your family and some guys you never met who happened to be from your qolo divide poor Faarax's hard-earned dollars and your meher between them!!

Would you rather go on a nice honey moon or have a lavish wedding?where you can't even eat the darn food you paid for?

I much rather go to Hawaii,lay on the beach with my macaan on my right and my Mountain Dew on the left,watching the sun go down smile.gif

unixguru   

Its times like this I wish I was an Ugandan.

I don't know about Mountain Dew (yellow 5?) but I was thinking the same thing!

Why do the sister want $10,000 weddings when that money can be used for much great (and more fun) things?

Hibo   

Jaber: Oh my Goodness......brotha pls.. one thing if anything...that I am good at is cooking...n Xalwo..is my fav..just hit me up with ur address...at my email... I will certainly send it to u...n if u live in the same state that i do..I will certainly hand deliver it.......this is no Joke walaahi...n bring me the chick u want....I will not disappoint u.....this is ur sis talking... n I mean it!!!

------------------

"Honesty is the best policy..shove it up their arses ...whether they like it or not"

Jaber   

I know I can count on you Hibo,I feel at ease knowing that you got my dhabar.

If I ever make it to the baraf-state,I'll make sure to get a taste of your much taled about Xalwo(they say the proof of the pudding is in the taste),you are a good Somali sister,in fact one of the few remaining blue-ladies,having spent your entire Eid holiday feeding the masses of bachelor S-men,you are worthy of praise,its time we re-name you to Mother-Hibo smile.gif

lol @ Jaber... People Need to learn to compromise! If they can afford a wedding w/out borrowing and Credit Cards then they may as well have a dream wedding!

If not then Walaahi it's pointless to waste so much $$$ on one night! especially when you have to pay it all back!! For instance my poor cousin got married 8mons ago to this gal, the guy didn't have a penny whatsoever and she being who she was made him get all this different credit cards so she can show of to her clueless g/f's & family, he being head over hills in love with her agreed to it, now the poor guy works 7dayz 8 sometimes 10hr shifts, strugling to pay all 30,000+ The interest!! On top of that he has to pay the rent and all other necessities since she is pregnant ALREADY!! They walaahi Hardly see each other or spend time together.. so what is the point in having a wedding when it's way out of your reach???

I admit dumarka qaarkood Need to grow up walaahi! and Take it easy on these poor men!

However, The Dowry has to be paid regardless of who/how it's gonna be spent! that is XAQ and you men have to pay it even if you don't like it...that is what you get for breaking the Tie...lol smile.gif

I'm wondering though, you guy's Complain about having to pay 'everything' yet when your wife's say they want to work you refuse the Idea of having your wife working? That is being a hypocrite right?

To Unix, U wished you were Ugandies? Brotha "Caws Jilaal Waa lagama Huraan"

Just a lil advice for the S-men Don't Choose Quantity over Quality! wink.gif like I said Caws Jilaal Waa lagama Huraan! a Lil compromise here and there won't kill anybody...

Ma'slaama

[This message has been edited by LadyFatima (edited 12-23-2001).]

Hibo   

Lady: walaahi u won't believe..I was just telling my dad the same thing.. last nite... that I didn't wanna have a wedding, I couldn't afford... If I win or he( groom).. wins the lottery then hey...its our nite.. we will manofest it.. if not.. why put myself in a position where debt collectors will make my honeymoon?...

Waa dhaadhaanimo....to.. have a wedding with borrowed money....If I desperately wanna satisfy certain apetite... I would send $1000 to Somalia... n have the greatest wedding ever..

Jaber: I am not in the baraf now... I am enjoying the warmth of NC for a whole month b4.. I hit back midwest..but certainly u r more than wlc...anytime!

------------------

"Honesty is the best policy..shove it up their arses ...whether they like it or not"

Jaber   

I am glad that we all have reached an agreement of some kind,aroosyada are meant to be enjoyed by the young couple,how can they enjoy it if they're burdend with countless debts?!!

Simplify your lives,you both want to build a family together,regardless of what others might think,its up to you to think ahead and budget for the unkown,a child,a car,a house or even getting that degree you've always wanted to get.

I agree,us men should pay the dowry money,but I would also like to highlight another issue in here,the dowry money belongs to the wife-to-be,from what I hear it usually ends up in the hands of the girl's father who then after extracting his share passes it on to his clan members,one by one,and all along poor Xaliimo is sitting in the backroom with a bunch of mushxaradyaal women!

The money belongs to the woman who's about to get married.There's a Hadiith about this.